Spraypaint Mod not longer working

MikeExp

The mod loader method of installing mods on version 2.9.9.17 (Steam) doesn't work for item mods, does it? It works fine with lua-only mods, but any that require the use of the scripts folder won't work as far as I know.

I haven't tested the spraypaint mod in 2.9.9.17, but it may well work only if you install it the "old" way (copy the files into the regular PZ folders and not the "mod" folder).

That's not true.

For me it works well with the mod loader.

Really? So have item\script mods been fixed to work in 2.9.9.17 via the last update (mousezoom one)? I'd not tried them since the previous hotfix and I know RoboMat was waiting anxiously for it to be patched too.

That's awesome news! Thanks for the heads up, mate!

EDIT: Darn, I just downloaded the spraypaint mod (v2) and saw that it does indeed use the old method for installing the script file (spraypaint.txt). That's what I meant, sorry, Thuztor; you can't load scripts with the 2.9.9.17 mod loader but you can still load everything else. As long as you install the script (txt) file the manual/old way (put it in media/scripts or a subfolder of that), the mod loader will still turn on/off any other components. Thus (as with the spraypaint mod) so long as the script is only used by lua residing in your mod folder, it will have no effect on the game when the mod is 'deactivated'.

A really awesome mod, though... one of those "so helpful it should be in the vanilla game" IMO.