RELEASED: Build 32.30

EasyPickins

Can I still suggest adding playstation icons for the controller support?

They have no rights to do that. 

That's if they used the exact icons, it falls under fair use if they have their own style of buttons to them.

This can be added to the game just fine.

I also believe as long as they aren't claiming the icons on their own (If they used the regular art icons made by sony) they would still be fine as they aren't claiming it as their own.

Hey, again, more problems. I'm using the automatic system to download the workshop mods, and it does download them, and make it so that anyone connecting needs them to join. However, it doesn't actually seem to be activating the mods themselves, as none of their functions seem to show up on the server itself. Is there something else I need to set to get them to work.

As with the non-Steam version, you need to set the Mods= line in the server's INI file.  It may seem redundant to have both Mods= and WorkshopItems=, but there could be multiple mods in a single workshop item.

Ok, do I just put the workshop number in the Mods line, or the mod's name, or something else?

This doesnt make any sense!!!!!

So after i reinstalled steam like i said i would i was able to connect to my server using the new workshop things.

I WATCHED IT install hydrocraft via the game and install itself.

then when trying to connect on my console i get this message

http://prntscr.com/8hyenk

please heeeeeelp!

It looks like Hydrocraft was updated today (the 18th) so your client version is now newer than the server's version.

Do you see an error message at the top of the "server workshop items" screen?

So after i reinstalled steam like i said i would i was able to connect to my server using the new workshop things.

please heeeeeelp!

It looks like Hydrocraft was updated today (the 18th) so your client version is now newer than the server's version.

let me check on that, ill reboot the server and see what it does there afterwords.  Im really enjoying all this new steam stuff but its a whole new ballgame for me

please heeeeeelp!

let me check on that, ill reboot the server and see what it does there afterwords.  Im really enjoying all this new steam stuff but its a whole new ballgame for me

Nailed it.  As usual.  I would be lost without you friend.

*cough*

Will do about anything to have this editor ahead of time to have my server ready to go FOR build 33 not weeks after it hits

*bats eyelashes*

I'll probably beat you if there are snippets of functional code in the main branch already in this version of the game.  8-)

*cough*

Will do about anything to have this editor ahead of time to have my server ready to go FOR build 33 not weeks after it hits

*bats eyelashes*

I'll probably beat you if there are snippets of functional code in the main branch already in this version of the game.  8-)

JABS ALIVE!!!

Hey, again, more problems. I'm using the automatic system to download the workshop mods, and it does download them, and make it so that anyone connecting needs them to join. However, it doesn't actually seem to be activating the mods themselves, as none of their functions seem to show up on the server itself. Is there something else I need to set to get them to work.

As with the non-Steam version, you need to set the Mods= line in the server's INI file.  It may seem redundant to have both Mods= and WorkshopItems=, but there could be multiple mods in a single workshop item.

Ok, do I just put the workshop number in the Mods line, or the mod's name, or something else?

Man, I feel like an idiot, but I can't seem to get this to work. I tried both, and they didn't work. How do I set the Mods= line?

Man, I feel like an idiot, but I can't seem to get this to work. I tried both, and they didn't work. How do I set the Mods= line?

Mods=  takes the id= name from the mod.info file.  For example with Hydrocraft's mod.info file:

id=Hydrocraft

You would set this:

Mods=Hydrocraft

If you have more than one mod on the server, separate them with semicolons.

Mods=mod1;mod2

Mods=  takes the id= name from the mod.info file.  For example with Hydrocraft's mod.info file:

id=Hydrocraft

You would set this:

Mods=Hydrocraft

If you have more than one mod on the server, separate them with semicolons.

Mods=mod1;mod2

THank you for all your help man! Everything is running smoothly!

Is there a chance you can distribute the sandbox variables program within the Proper Dedicated Server via Steamcmd?

I'm rewriting PZServerSettings in Java so it will finally run on Mac + Linux as well.  I'll add it to the dedicated server after that.

For commandline servers a proper documentation would be more than helpful for setting it up.

Is there a chance you can distribute the sandbox variables program within the Proper Dedicated Server via Steamcmd?

I'm rewriting PZServerSettings in Java so it will finally run on Mac + Linux as well.  I'll add it to the dedicated server after that.

For commandline servers a proper documentation would be more than helpful for setting it up.

it's not a big issue, a lot documentation already there.

the main issue is the fragmentation over the forums/wiki and also outdated...

In sandboxvars, the numbers correspond to option sin the dropdown lists on the Sandbox setup page, in-game. Pretty simple once you know.

Thank you very much friend!

In sandboxvars, the numbers correspond to option sin the dropdown lists on the Sandbox setup page, in-game. Pretty simple once you know.

Its easy for those who know the process.  A New person to teh community and game who wants to set up a server......it isnt so simple for them.

not everyone in this world is as capable as you might be.  Please remember that as you are posting

Its easy for those who know the process.  A New person to teh community and game who wants to set up a server......it isnt so simple for them.

not everyone in this world is as capable as you might be.  Please remember that as you are posting

I think i did, when I mentioned "once you know."

Start the game, create a new game, Sandbox. Compare the default positions of the numbers in the sanxbox vars file. Add or subtract to get the other option. e.g. if low == 3, very low == 2 or 4

I've enough faith in people that they're capable of comparing two things and following instructions, assuming its relevant to their interests or they do not want to wait.  :???:

I think i did, when I mentioned "once you know."

Start the game, create a new game, Sandbox. Compare the default positions of the numbers in the sanxbox vars file. Add or subtract to get the other option. e.g. if low == 3, very low == 2 or 4

I've enough faith in people that they're capable of comparing two things and following instructions, assuming its relevant to their interests or they do not want to wait.  :???:

Oh so you think players should have to go through SP mode first to sit there and fumble trying to figure that out.  Again possible for someone who maybe could put 2 and 2 together correlating SP sandbox settings working the same as MP sandbox settings but how would one know that?   YOUR bit of knowledge on how that system works is not posted anywhere.  No where at all.....leaving quite a few people clueless. (minus of course they happen to come here and read our conversation)

Really the only response that was needed about hte topic was the one from the developers saying that he would fix it with due time.

thanks for your attempt to help though

Oh so you think players should have to go through SP mode first to sit there and fumble trying to figure that out.  Again possible for someone who maybe could put 2 and 2 together correlating SP sandbox settings working the same as MP sandbox settings but how would one know that?   YOUR bit of knowledge on how that system works is not posted anywhere.  No where at all.....leaving quite a few people clueless. (minus of course they happen to come here and read our conversation)

Really the only response that was needed about hte topic was the one from the developers saying that he would fix it with due time.

thanks for your attempt to help though

Yeah, no. You seem to be reading more into my response than what I wrote, and I rather don't appreciate it.

You do not need to anything that you don't want to, but following my advice above would accomplish your goal of setting up the server, no matter how unsatisfactory a user experience it is not to have a specific tool. People have been dealing with this for over a year with only mild complaint and without taking it personally when someone explains how to do it, while we wait.