RELEASED: Build 32.30

EasyPickins

Oh so you think players should have to go through SP mode first to sit there and fumble trying to figure that out.  Again possible for someone who maybe could put 2 and 2 together correlating SP sandbox settings working the same as MP sandbox settings but how would one know that?   YOUR bit of knowledge on how that system works is not posted anywhere.  No where at all.....leaving quite a few people clueless. (minus of course they happen to come here and read our conversation)

Really the only response that was needed about hte topic was the one from the developers saying that he would fix it with due time.

thanks for your attempt to help though

Yeah, no. You seem to be reading more into my response than what I wrote, and I rather don't appreciate it.

You do not need to anything that you don't want to, but following my advice above would accomplish your goal of setting up the server, no matter how unsatisfactory a user experience it is not to have a specific tool. People have been dealing with this for over a year with only mild complaint and without taking it personally when someone explains how to do it, while we wait.

No one is taking anything personally, aggravated might be the right way to address my tone, But that being said, maybe i misinterpreted what you meant.

There is no doubt there is a way to do it with your methods however the average Joe wont figure that out and that should be accounted for. 

Ultimately the boss has spoken and we will receive this feature back soon.

Now i save copies of everything so luckily i have the program and the settings file it reads and i use it to set up my shit. However i am sure this is not the case for many many other server owners.

Why are the people supporting the game getting grumpy at the people testing it for them? Every gripe here is a chance to fix things and make them better for 1.0.

Same team, guys.

I do not like being remonstrated in public (no one does), particularly not when the justification for it is some nebulous and insulting concept such as "average joe" being unable to compare two values and draw a conclusion, instead of just saying "I'd rather wait", "I don't understand, but I'm fine waiting", or no reply at all.  But that's fine -- I'm glad EasyPickins was so fast on this.

What's up with servers not responding in multiplayer? 

Zeeks Haven is down randomly because it suddenly crashed for no reason. It runs, but can't connect/not responding.

Did you guys go ahead and install those mods? Haven't had a crash on SpiffoSpace since the Steam updates.

Why are the people supporting the game getting grumpy at the people testing it for them? Every gripe here is a chance to fix things and make them better for 1.0.

Same team, guys.

I do not like being remonstrated in public (no one does), particularly not when the justification for it is some nebulous and insulting concept such as "average joe" being unable to compare two values and draw a conclusion, instead of just saying "I'd rather wait", "I don't understand, but I'm fine waiting", or no reply at all.  But that's fine -- I'm glad EasyPickins was so fast on this.

I stand by my point, but I could have phrased it better and been less cally-outy. We do appreciate the work that you do, EnigmaGrey, so sorry for that.

There is a issue with Workshop-Item/Mods on Server ,when mods are updated.

Players can't connect after a Workshop-Item was updated until the Server was restarted.

"WorkshopItems=ItemID" alone will not activate the mods on server/client
 For activation the "Mod=ModID" must also be set.

Players can't connect after a Workshop-Item was updated until the Server was restarted.

Isnt that normal?  The server only reads info about the mod when you launch the server meaning pulling it from the steamworkshop  At that point when the server is rebooted it sees an update and downloads it.  So far that's how its been working for New Dawn.

Maybe i misunderstood.

Isnt that normal?  The server only reads info about the mod when you launch the server meaning pulling it from the steamworkshop  At that point when the server is rebooted it sees an update and downloads it.  So far that's how its been working for New Dawn.

Maybe i misunderstood.

** The server only reads info about the mod when you launch the server **

this is the issue...

clients get new mod-updates automatically.

if the server owner away/busy, or has the mod-update not noticed, then its not possible for clients to connect.

the server need to be restarted for every hour, because anytime without announcement  a update can come !

Maybe i misunderstood.

this is the issue...

if the server owner away/busy, or has the mod-update not noticed, then its not possible for clients to connect.

the server need to be restarted for every hour, because anytime without announcement  a update can come !

what the server needs, is a automated  "workshop-mod-update-checker" with announcing to players and forced disconnect due update process

Maybe i misunderstood.

this is the issue...

Not unique to workshop. One of the reasons I removed Hydrocraft from the Redboid server was our inability to secure permission to keep a backup of the server's version for new players, so that they could still connect until the server was updated some time later.

If TIS cannot do anything about this, I'd recommend petitioning workshop content creators to only update seldomly . . .

Or just use an automated startup/restart script and accept that people may be inconvenienced if you're not around for a few hours *shrug*.

Third alternative: Get permission from mod authors to package their mods into a server-specific mod pack. Update it only when necessary.

Maybe i misunderstood.

this is the issue...

Not unique to workshop. One of the reasons I removed Hydrocraft from the Redboid server was our inability to secure permission to keep a backup of the server's version for new players, so that they could still connect until the server was updated some time later.

If TIS cannot do anything about this, I'd recommend petitioning workshop content creators to only update seldomly . . .

Or just use an automated startup/restart script and accept that people may be inconvenienced if you're not around for a few hours *shrug*.

Third alternative: Get permission from mod authors to package their mods into a server-specific mod pack. Update it only when necessary.

Hydrocraft is a fairly complex problem, whereas the control of the mods being developed is in the hands of the packager / distributor which is weird, because It's almost always in the control of the mod as a single mod, It just doesn't appear that way when I look at this mod package. 

I did mention a fair compromise through github forking, and even then the ownership of changes could be done through master / sub-branch for each mod, so everyone has as much control as they need. It may also come down to download control of distros for the mods themselves. 

Anyways, it's a very touchy package. I'd hate to get caught in a "who runs what and has rights" kind of thing.. I just do libraries. :) 

Is there any way to get special maps like Bedford Falls into a steam server using the workshop like other mods?

I'm having an issue where the map files are loaded but Bedford Falls isn't in the game

Here is a screenshot of my servertest.ini file

https://gyazo.com/f82a3d4b3570c879c619f1deba7a771f

Any help would be very appreciated. 

This

I managed to install it like a traditional mod 

and I added it in the servertest_spawnpoints.lua

but whenever I select it as a spawnpoint it kicks me and I get this error in console

LoadCellBinaryChunk: NO SUCH LOT world_46_35.lotpack
java.lang.RuntimeException: can't create player at x,y,z=14041,10729,0 because the square is null
at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1474)
at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:242)
at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:217)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

You need too add the mod in the server test.ini and map name and you also need to edit the servertest_spawnreigions.luA and add the map name in there as well to play custom maps online you can even erase the map names in the spawn religion luA to make parts of the map not load like original map

what the server needs, is a automated  "workshop-mod-update-checker" with announcing to players and forced disconnect due update process

I've made good progress towards that end this weekend. I'm trying to solve the problem with a Node.js server, a couple shell daemons, and the RCON client packaged with PZ. Powershell 2 scripts for Windows servers, and Bash for *NIX-based servers. I think I should have something to show in about 10 days or so  :)

I've made good progress towards that end this weekend. I'm trying to solve the problem with a Node.js server, a couple shell daemons, and the RCON client packaged with PZ. Powershell 2 scripts for Windows servers, and Bash for *NIX-based servers. I think I should have something to show in about 10 days or so  :)

is there a steam-web-api for the workshop,  to check if a mod updated ?

had the same idea, but i can't find the  API-GET parameter for Workshop

when you use nodeJS , then you don't need the rcon package from client.

https://github.com/randunel/node-srcds-rcon

https://github.com/pushrax/node-rcon

alternative with PHP

https://github.com/xPaw/PHP-Source-Query

hat the server needs, is a automated  "workshop-mod-update-checker" with announcing to players and forced disconnect due update process

is there a steam-web-api for the workshop,  to check if a mod updated ?

had the same idea, but i can't find the  API-GET parameter for Workshop

when you use nodeJS , then you don't need the rcon package from client.

https://github.com/randunel/node-srcds-rcon

https://github.com/pushrax/node-rcon

alternative with PHP

https://github.com/xPaw/PHP-Source-Query

It's actually a POST request to the ISteamRemoteStorage/GetPublishedFileDetails method, strange as that might seem.

I've designed my solution for ease of use, with no additional installations or API registrations and minimum configuration required. Neither Node.js nor PHP will be required on the game-server's machine... I'm inclined to use the PZ Java RCON client through the loopback adapter as it is portable, platform independent, designed to work with PZ, and requires no additional dependencies beyond those which it is packaged with. More details when I share the thing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

im having issues myself with the workshop maps can't get any of them to work on my server

It's actually pretty simple what I had to do was merge all the map files from the custom maps with that of Muldraugh instead of trying to install it like a workshop mod

and It doesn't require other players to install the map.