How I'd like to see the Character Creation GUI.

Undust4able

For those who can't be bothered going through the link:

fhDLEPI.jpg

FIeaVT7.jpg

bJ11z2f.jpg

Comments from OP:

Sorry for the shitty quality, I'm not an artist. Photos should go in order from Menu 1 to Menu 3, cannot access PC now so from mobile.

These sketches are my suggestion to make something that players sees really often, a Character GUI, and this is how I want it to look like really.

On Menu 1 you select saved characters, edit, delete and make new ones. This is something that was implemented in Endless mode but still not working. The "passport" is a character itself, with it clothing, body, name / surname, traits and all these. Menu 1 is what you see instead of choose spawn location, or whatever.

Menu 2 is the actual passport. Home town is the spawn location, passport given is just cosmetic and automatically sets system's date and time. ID supplement is how your body look. Inspired by Papers, Please. Name, surname etc. as follows. Photo roll is where you customize your wear, color of clothes. Personal sign is cosmetic too, just as in CS:GO trade contract and acts like a confirmation field. All passport fields are needed for Stamp to become active. Stamp acts as a NEXT button, on hover it appears, if you attempt to click it and some fields are empty those ones blink red for a moment, otherwise a stamping animation happens and you go to menu 3.

Menu 3 is how you look for a job. Pretty basic, just wanted to extend lore and add realism.

This is it! Please leave your feedback c:

I think it looks a bit cluttered. Also I don't really see the relevance of passports during a zombie apocalypse. If anything, a family photo with cracked glass or blood on the frame would be more appropriate for character creation.

Good work nonetheless. Just not the direction I would take.

I like the idea of being able to pick up the passports of dead players. I know its not realistic that everyone would be carrying one but it would be cool. Maybe a drivers license would be better?

Why not just an ID card ?

Great work OP I like it and hope that something close to it come to the game. ATM the whole UI feels so raw. like writing a notes for example, why cant we just see a white / yellow notebook page and then write on it with some "handmade looking" font.

You could find a random amount of items on dead people. Each item giving you clues about them. ID card, drivers license, fishing license (do you need them in the US), passport, police badge, credit card, sweat band (fitness instructor), tape measure (Engineer), wire pliers (electrician), etc. I'm not sure where I'm going with this......