Tree Stumps

Hydromancerx

I have a bit experience with tree stumps and the most can't dug up quite easily, except you invest a lot of time and energy. Additionally to a spade, I would use also a saw and an axe for all the roots.

Often stumps of bigger trees can only release from earth with a lot of power, e.g. a car bound on the stump (prepare it with the tools before you start to pull the stump out).

If my annotations would be considered, I'm for it!

Thinking about this a little differently.

Leaving tree stumps in the ground around my safehouse would be a pretty effective barrier to vehicles once they're added. I can chop down the trees so I can see any zombies or people approaching, but the stumps would effectively act as a hazard for any vehicles approaching. This would prevent vehicles from approaching my safe house at high speeds and slamming into the walls, etc.

Leaving tree stumps in the ground around my safehouse would be a pretty effective barrier to vehicles once they're added. I can chop down the trees so I can see any zombies or people approaching, but the stumps would effectively act as a hazard for any vehicles approaching. This would prevent vehicles from approaching my safe house at high speeds and slamming into the walls, etc.

Good idea.

I think in this case we also need to re-examine [it should be, anyway] the forest density. The closeness of the trees is not currently representative of how things work in the wild... 

I wonder though, what impact a tree stump would have on mobility if we tried to make this happen. Is the coding sufficient to differentiate between vehicle movement and player/zombie movement? 

I think in this case we also need to re-examine [it should be, anyway] the forest density. The closeness of the trees is not currently representative of how things work in the wild... 

I wonder though, what impact a tree stump would have on mobility if we tried to make this happen. Is the coding sufficient to differentiate between vehicle movement and player/zombie movement? 

I agree. Good points. Trees currently are not at the right size or density.

I would like to someday see tree trunks as solid physical objects that I can't walk through. That trees themselves are larger. I would also like to see that the trees are more spread out, but not too far. Tree trunks still need to be close enough to obscure line of sight.

Visually you would see the canopy of the trees until you got into the forest. The same visual ring that shows up when you're next to a wall would allow you to see through the canopy and your immediate surroundings while in the woods. This would simulate your limited view range while in the trees and line of sight around tree trunks would still be a problem as well.

Maybe jack the number of logs from a tree and the time it takes to cut a tree since there will be less trees overall to cut with this idea.