Horse Transportation

Zapp Brannigan

I know animals, both neutral and predatory, will be added, but I've not seen horse travel mentioned anywhere. It's pretty common in some other zombie games, like Dead State. Kentucky's famous for its horses, and Churchill Downs is considered the horse capital of the world, after all.

Will we get horses to ride around for when cars are too noisy or we don't have the gasoline? A fast, low-maintenance transit method without the physical requirements of bike riding that's quieter and uses less resources than cars, but leaves you fairly exposed and adds the potential of your horse getting attacked by zombies too?

I know animals, both neutral and predatory, will be added, but I've not seen horse travel mentioned anywhere. It's pretty common in some other zombie games, like Dead State. Kentucky's famous for its horses, and Churchill Downs is considered the horse capital of the world, after all.

Will we get horses to ride around for when cars are too noisy or we don't have the gasoline? A fast, low-maintenance transit method without the physical requirements of bike riding that's quieter and uses less resources than cars, but leaves you fairly exposed and adds the potential of your horse getting attacked by zombies too?

well there is pony-o-roam

I wouldn't say no to horses :) I work with horses IRL ! :D

A few CONS though and for immersive game play to be more real they should be integrated with the horses::

1. Horses panic/are terrified by high pitches/loud noises.  
  2. Usually when riding a horse in the woods, they will be frightened if they see a human standing not making any noises this is because they see everything as being bigger then themselves. ( where i work, if we are in the woods on the trails doing our jobs and the master comes riding with clients, we have to start talking loud enough for the horses to know that we are there without frightening them.)
  3. horses always sleep standing as a safety measure to their survival. if they feel in danger during their sleep/rest they will run away.
  4. they eat pretty much any vegetable as a treat. but usually grass or hay especially hay :o

So a loud horde, or lonely zombie, or you turn a corner with your horse and a bunch of zedz come at you. your horse will be constantly in panic mode and may not respond.collaborate to your commands. of course they would eventually get used to the zedz, if they survive long enough, and be desensitized or neutral panic. meaning they know they're in danger but they also know their master can command them through the danger.

PROS: :D

1. most well-cared-for/well tamed horses are exceptionally caring towards people they trust.
  2. They have a lot of love and actually like to tease their human companions ! ex..:grabbing things that stick out of your pockets or your hat and trowing it away or running away with it without breaking the object).
  3. that would make them a great anti-depressor for the character. anti-boredom/sadness/etc etc
  4. travelling, no need to explain this one :P
  5. Evasion, hauling bags, pulling ex: a sled with stuff in it, or a small wagon etc etc
  6. warm bodied, in the winter whilst travelling, if your character is too cold he can always just lay forward hugging the horse for his body heat...
  7. etc,etc,etc

I wouldn't say no to horses :) I work with horses IRL ! :D

A few CONS though and for immersive game play to be more real they should be integrated with the horses::

1. Horses panic/are terrified by high pitches/loud noises.  
  2. Usually when riding a horse in the woods, they will be frightened if they see a human standing not making any noises this is because they see everything as being bigger then themselves. ( where i work, if we are in the woods on the trails doing our jobs and the master comes riding with clients, we have to start talking loud enough for the horses to know that we are there without frightening them.)
  3. horses always sleep standing has a safety measure to their survival. if they feel in danger during their sleep/rest they will run away.
  4. they eat pretty much any vegetable as a treat. but usually grass or hay especially hay :o

So a loud horde, or lonely zombie, or you turn a corner with your horse and a bunch of zedz come at you. your horse will be constantly in panic mode and may not respond.collaborate to your commands. of course they would eventually get used to the zedz, if they survive long enough, and be desensitized or neutral panic. meaning they know they're in danger but they also know their master can command them through the danger.

PROS: :D

1. most well-cared-for/well tamed horses are exceptionally caring towards people they trust.
  2. They have a lot of love and actually like to tease their human companions ! ex..:grabbing things that stick out of your pockets or your hat and trowing it away or running away with it without breaking the object).
  3. that would make them a great anti-depressor for the character. anti-boredom/sadness/etc etc
  4. travelling, no need to explain this one :P
  5. Evasion, hauling bags, pulling ex: a sled with stuff in it, or a small wagon etc etc
  6. warm bodied, in the winter whilst travelling, if your character is too cold he can always just lay forward hugging the horse for his body heat...
  7. etc,etc,etc

god list

BTW, horses should be able to equip some gears, like bags. because horses can't carry stuff automatically after they were captured and trained. their capacity should be decided by both their body condition and the capacity of the bags they equipped.

Even so the amount of weight a horse (any type) can carry without much fuss would be at least 3 times what the player would be able to carry under the same limits.