"player does not appear to have been created on this server" after update

dimitrifrom31

Question

Hi,

On one of our servers we had the following error after updating to newest version:

"You have been kicked because your game files do not match the server's"

The server was not running any mod, we ran the steamcmd file integrity check and even tried to connect with a freshly installed client but still had same error.

We finally took a backup of the server folder (config, maps) and wiped the rest. We then ran a new steam update to get fresh set of server files and new players were able to join the server without the error anymore.
However players who already had joined bedore are now receiving the following error:

"player does not appear to have been created on this server"

I am a bit clueless as the .db file was restored and the server is not white listed. Any idea?

1 answer to this question

Hey i got the same Message but for a different reason i guess. It seems to be a desync between player files and server data. If you delete your character (local folder) you can connect but lose the character of course another thing you can do is appearently to disable the ServerPlayerID check by setting ServerPlayerID= to empty in the INI file(server). Check out my thread maybe it helps you. 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-2126-admin-speed-can-corrupt-character-data/ 

Edit: Tested it. Worked perfectly for me!