The Walking Dead Prison [Now On Steam] V1.2 (Update soon)

Necromatic_Corgi

The Walking Dead Prison

Hello all and welcome to a walking dead build.

This one is of the prison, It has taken a lot of work

learning the tools and getting it ready and keep in 

mind there are still some rooms that are empty and

some that have not been made. This is still a WIP.

Pictures

Spoiler

nbc28NZ.jpg

Spoiler

7xeEXRE.jpg

Spoiler

Fa0ZKBx.jpg

Spoiler

BE80L2h.jpg

Download 

Spoiler

Steam Download

Spoiler

Installation

To install simply extract the contents of the archive to C:\Users\\Zomboid\Workshop.

To have the prison work properly on the map you must select it as the starting location. You will spawn anywhere on the map as always.

Please report any bugs and feel free to leave any suggestions. Have a nice day.

Spoiler

6PYBrQE.png

Credits:

Z3759xy: helped me figure out stuff with the mapping tools.

MODS_02.png

Credit where it's due
This mod can be added to and extended by anyone in the community, but credit must be given to the original author within the files of the mod - and posted alongside the mod wherever it roams.

Edited by xXSly_WolfyXx

You should have been the one taking all that fame instead of me. Would have never done this place better. If you feel like it, you could PM me if you have any questions regarding the process of putting this on an in-game map of Muldraugh. Maybe there's a way to merge our projects together, as one. 

not entirely sure how we would merge two prisons. But we could do a collaboration build or map.  :)

I've been working on the prison from the walking dead for a few days now, This is my progress so far.

Also vote for my next build.

eKuocnz.jpg

I like I like ! :) When will it be available for mass casualties ? :P

Soon hopefully.

Ive tested it a bit today, and i found a bug, I cant Enter the "Bridge" from outside, and that is prob the only thing that really bothered me :P Its really nice! :) And you can prob have some pics From a scene in the series, like the cafeteria ect.. All in all i like it :)

yes I have fixed a lot of problems, I have just added the download to the steam workshop which is updated http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524066677

You seem to be stumbling in a lot of design mistakes that I've been at already. 

1) Lights were indeed turned off at the prison during the TV show, but if we were to follow the lore, we'd know that the electricity was already out by the time they got there. I'm pretty sure that players would want to be able to reach the prison early in the apocalypse, when they could still operate indoors, and see everything gradually turn to shit. Plus, wouldn't you want to see generators work properly in this place? Imagine the co-op possibilities!

2) Guard Towers. In the beginning I made them inaccessible too, taking them as more of a decoration, rather than a practical thing, but seeing as everything in Project Zomboid can be accessed using built stairs, or sledgehammer, I decided that they should have stuff spawn in them. It just feels more awesome when you can find yourself some weapons (like in the TV show) before entering the prison to clear it out.

3) Part of why the prison was so interesting in the TV show is because it had nearly everything you need, it was built pre-apocalypse and was overrun. If players would just spawn inside the prison, not only would it despawn all of the zombies inside of the building your character spawns in, it also makes you the owner of a place that has everything you'll ever need to survive the apocalypse. Meaning you won't ever have to venture out to scavenge, or even worry about barricades. It's an interesting place to explore, but you can easily do that in sandbox with zombies turned off. Running there doesn't  take that long if you know the way. I just don't particularly agree with the idea of letting players spawn inside the prison :P

Try and take these suggestions into consideration for your next update. Also, watching people like syfy stream your map reveals a lot of bugs that you would otherwise miss during your testing periods. The prison that I already have, after version 1.0, was built purely by listening to the feedback, so I'm sure you'll get there and make it even better!

You seem to be stumbling in a lot of design mistakes that I've been at already. 

1) Lights were indeed turned off at the prison during the TV show, but if we were to follow the lore, we'd know that the electricity was already out by the time they got there. I'm pretty sure that players would want to be able to reach the prison early in the apocalypse, when they could still operate indoors, and see everything gradually turn to shit. Plus, wouldn't you want to see generators work properly in this place? Imagine the co-op possibilities!

2) Guard Towers. In the beginning I made them inaccessible too, taking them as more of a decoration, rather than a practical thing, but seeing as everything in Project Zomboid can be accessed using built stairs, or sledgehammer, I decided that they should have stuff spawn in them. It just feels more awesome when you can find yourself some weapons (like in the TV show) before entering the prison to clear it out.

3) Part of why the prison was so interesting in the TV show is because it had nearly everything you need, it was built pre-apocalypse and was overrun. If players would just spawn inside the prison, not only would it despawn all of the zombies inside of the building your character spawns in, it also makes you the owner of a place that has everything you'll ever need to survive the apocalypse. Meaning you won't ever have to venture out to scavenge, or even worry about barricades. It's an interesting place to explore, but you can easily do that in sandbox with zombies turned off. Running there doesn't  take that long if you know the way. I just don't particularly agree with the idea of letting players spawn inside the prison :P

Try and take these suggestions into consideration for your next update. Also, watching people like syfy stream your map reveals a lot of bugs that you would otherwise miss during your testing periods. The prison that I already have, after version 1.0, was built purely by listening to the feedback, so I'm sure you'll get there and make it even better!

Thanks for the feedback! That will be really helpful, But about the watch towers I feel like yours were too fat and in the show they are really thin, It would be cool to have ladders but until then I think i will keep then small, But I may put loot in them. And wen did syfy stream my map? That would have been fun to watch. Also I know there are bugs but the only one people are telling me is where it will rain in a room. But that is easily fixable.

Edited by xXSly_WolfyXx