Server issue since last update

dimitrifrom31

Question

Hi

I can't join my servers (local on my PC or remote on a dedi box) since last update.
Everything looks fine on server side but when I try to connect I receive a connection failed on client and the server console displays the following message at every connection attempt:

Received: 255

I made no change whatsoever to the servers config, only ran steam update as I used to do.

Any idea?

7 answers to this question

thank you, I added SteamPort1=6261 to my server config file but still getting connection failed and Received: 255 message in console.

Using -nosteam on client does the trick so for some reason my servers are not steam connected, just need to figure out why and how to fix.

I got open ports (on local server this should not be an issue with ports anywyay) and I reinstalled the server from scratch but no luck.

nasKo, on 08 Sept 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:snapback.png

Nitrado doesn't offer any of those. It automatically updates to the last stable version and you can't install the beta branch (true for any other game on Nitrado as well. It's something they'd like to have but it doesn't seem feasible right now).

I actually emailed them about this right away and they updated their files because of it. It did not help though. Now all I am getting is 'connection failed' and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. IP and port are correct. Uninstalled/reinstalled the game from both steam and server. Typed in '-nosteam'

HELP

taken from other thread as this seams the better place to ask questions

The nitrado server is a steam server though. When you type in -nosteam it's only natural that you can't connect. Remove that entry from the launch options.

When running the Steam version, try it again. After it saying "Connection failed" try it again immediately.

The nitrado server is a steam server though. When you type in -nosteam it's only natural that you can't connect. Remove that entry from the launch options.

When running the Steam version, try it again. After it saying "Connection failed" try it again immediately.

:blush:

:wub:

Archived