Non-bleeding wounds should have no (or even lower chance) for infection

Sinic

Seems to be every single thread with you exactly the same Adamiks. You see something you personally don't like, and even though the majority of the community and the devs have said it's something they don't want in the game, you still think that just because you want it, they should drop everything and do it. You're welcome to give feedback, and we appreciate that, but when your feedback is "give me this thing you said you're never doing," forgive us if we don't have a lot of patience with you. You aren't entitled to have the devs build the game YOU want them to. They're building the game THEY want to build, and that the community as a whole wants. Not you.

I just read this entire thread discussion and I never saw a comment from Adamiks where he demanded anything from the devs.

He has brought up a number of things about the game that he thinks are off-balanced or weird for whatever reason to him, but I haven't seen a thread where he has demanded that anything change, that the devs need to stop working on what they are doing and appease his desires, or that they have to add sandbox options for him. He is just being vocal about the things that he is seeing and expressing that he thinks they could use some work. I am not a moderator, but I don't see anything wrong with that. He does so in the best English he can for a 14 year old from Poland, and he doesn't use degrading or inappropriate language usually (I did see him say 'shit' once).

Just my opinion, but I think everyone needs to cool their jets (CHILL OUT) and realize that a lot of this might just be a language barrier issue. In the past few days I have seen this kid thrown under the bus for expressing his opinion, but hasn't made any demands.

I know some people who read my opinions don't agree with me (this is the global internet after all), but sometimes people do agree. That is why I post them. There is no point in having a 'suggestions' section to the forums if every time that you bring up your opinion it is shot down with 'the devs aren't making the game for you, they are making it for themselves' sort of attitude. You never know how much traction your opinion or idea will have until you express it. I hope we can have a forum where bringing up ideas or opinions is always encouraged, as long as its done in a respectful manner.

@Rathlord; it seems that you and I have been butting our heads against each other lately. I just want to say that I respect you immensely and I always value your opinion, even if I don't agree with it, but somebody has to stick up for this kid. I feel like he's been thrown under a bus lately because his expression through English is a little difficult to understand. I just don't seem to be reading what others are reading.

@Adamiks; Try to understand that it IS difficult sometimes to fully understand what you are trying to get at and describe. I think you have done a mature job of not taking it too personally, that you have tried to express yourself as best you can, and I respect that you haven't taken the low road yet (at least not that I have noticed). I hope you feel you can continue to express your opinions even though a vocal section of the forums seems to be against you. Not everyone will always agree with you, I probably won't either.

Well this thread went out of hand, lol

But anyway, for the game to not lower the currently existing random number generator, but at least put alternative numbers for specific injuries could make the game more relieving while also staying true to it's hardcore nature. Non-bleeding wounds are already fairly uncommon, so putting some bonus to it could help.

I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting, but if you are saying that you think some injuries from zombies should have a random % chance of infecting you, then I agree. But, I think that is already the system. There is a RNG that is rolled each time you are scratched or bitten. If that number ends up being in the 25% range, then you get infected by a scratch. If it is in the 95% range then you get infected from a bite.

Are you suggesting that it shouldn't always be a 25% chance for scratches and a 95% chance for bites? I could get behind this idea if its explained better.

I might just be misinterpreting you though, and I apologize if I am.

Keep in mind, also, that some zombie could have scraped the entire ends of their fingers off on doors/windows/people trying to get somewhere or someone. This could just leave jagged or potentially splintered bone on the ends of their fingers to cut you with.

Yep, some zombies could leave way more gruesome scratches than a normal human could for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

@Rathlord.

You literally saying that every opinion = forcing devs to do something. That i write some ideas how to "solve" problem of OP doesn't mean i'm saying "Hey devs! Do it now! YOU HEAR ME! NOW!" (or at any point in time, just to be clear). And i think that Enigma was the first one that said anything about sandbox option.

Like CaptKaspar said - i never said anything like that.

Though, i'm really sorry to be rude in these posts. I have some hot days in my country right now, so i decided to choose night "lifestyle" (i'm sleeping at day etc.), yesterday was day when i introuduced my "plan", it was 4AM for me so i was really freakin tired, this is why i got angry pretty easily (also Enigma locked two topics where i was talking with people ((without really big reason, in my opinion)) a lot so this is why i said all of that). Sorry about that. I know that my English is bad and i apogolize for that.

Btw i would really appreciate if you guys would try to correct my mistakes. This will help me in getting better at that language.

But anyway, for the game to not lower the currently existing random number generator, but at least put alternative numbers for specific injuries could make the game more relieving while also staying true to it's hardcore nature. Non-bleeding wounds are already fairly uncommon, so putting some bonus to it could help.

I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting, but if you are saying that you think some injuries from zombies should have a random % chance of infecting you, then I agree. But, I think that is already the system. There is a RNG that is rolled each time you are scratched or bitten. If that number ends up being in the 25% range, then you get infected by a scratch. If it is in the 95% range then you get infected from a bite.

Are you suggesting that it shouldn't always be a 25% chance for scratches and a 95% chance for bites? I could get behind this idea if its explained better.

An example for what I'm saying is like; if you get an injury that doesn't bleed, the chances to be infected should be smaller compared to a normal, bleeding injury, and maybe different RNG percentages for deeper wounds, etc.

An example for what I'm saying is like; if you get an injury that doesn't bleed, the chances to be infected should be smaller compared to a normal, bleeding injury, and maybe different RNG percentages for deeper wounds, etc.

Makes sense to me! Agreed

I just read this entire thread discussion and I never saw a comment from Adamiks where he demanded anything from the devs.

I'm speaking of attitude, not him literally saying "I demand this right now!" The point I'm trying to make is that the devs have given an answer on several of these topics for a reason, and the reasons have been explained, but he's still doing things like accusing the devs of being illogical or saying "how does it hurt your experience to add 'x'." The issue is not that he's discussing those things, that's fine- the problem is that calling the devs illogical (et al) is not constructive.

(I did see him say 'shit' once).

Not that it's relevant (there's no rule against swearing on the forums, only against being rude to other people), but here's him swearing. (again, not that it matters at all)

I don't have any problems with Adamiks, I just have a problem with the attitude. Perhaps it's a language barrier, but I think I understand him quite well to be honest.

I'm saying "how it's hurt your experience" even if it's confirmed no by devs because i'm not talking with devs. Even if it's confrimed no doesn't mean that i can't discuss about these thing with not devs but other people what they think about it and why they like it/don't like it etc.

What devs said have almost nothing to do with it, because i'm human after all and i talk about pointless things. Hell! Our whole life is pointless!

And i'm not saying devs are illogicial. I'm saying that some mechanism are illogicial/they still need some work but as they are now they aren't too logicial for me. It's actually really big difference.

And i apologize for "swearing" (not that it matters at all).

But, for what it's worth Adamiks, I apologize if I've been a little heavy handed in my responses. I've seen these same arguments for over 3 years now from people, and while I don't mind it being discussed, it gets a bit frustrating when people dismiss the reasoning out of hand.

It's exactly why i got frustratted also - because after discussing a lot with that same people (Enigma, Taco etc.) at almost that same time in different topics i was just tired of almost that same arguments like (universal one, i think) - "you're forcing devs to do X and Y, PZ isn't game for you". Anyway i think that we all chilled out a bit so it's good.

Btw i don't think you should double-post as a admin ;p

I'm saying "how it's hurt your experience" even if it's confirmed no by devs because i'm not talking with devs. Even if it's confrimed no doesn't mean that i can't discuss about these thing with not devs but other people what they think about it and why they like it/don't like it etc.

Actually, when you said "it doesn't hurt your experience" you were talking about save games. You were saying that, because some people can just ignore it, that the devs should add it because it won't hurt their experience. I disagree with that for reasons I've stated before.

What devs said have almost nothing to do with it, because i'm human after all and i talk about pointless things. Hell! Our whole life is pointless!

Look, I'm not saying you can't discuss this. But discussing things that are flat out "no" from the devs on the suggestion forum isn't really making a suggestion, it's just taking up space. As you say, pointless. Feel free to have the discussion, but know that other people will mention that it's pointless and have every right to.

And i'm not saying devs are illogicial. I'm saying that some mechanism are illogicial/they still need some work but as they are now they aren't too logicial for me. It's actually really big difference.

Maybe that was a language barrier thing somewhat, but calling a system the devs designed illogical is still indirectly saying they are. It's not conducive to good discussion. Here's a lesson that the whole internet needs to learn: If you think something is illogical, then prove it rather than calling it illogical. If you can't prove it's illogical, chances are it's not, and if you do prove it then you don't need to say it. All saying it does is make people frustrated or angry.

And i apologize for "swearing" (not that it matters at all).

No need to apologize, as I said there's no rules against swearing here.

Btw i don't think you should double-post as admin ;p

We used to have a feature that auto-merged double posts, I forgot we'd removed it. XD

Actually, when you said "it doesn't hurt your experience" you were talking about save games. You were saying that, because some people can just ignore it, that the devs should add it because it won't hurt their experience. I disagree with that for reasons I've stated before.

So it looks that you're rigth is i said that, but if i did i meant "if devs would add it to every mode you could ignore this after all" etc. 

Look, I'm not saying you can't discuss this. But discussing things that are flat out "no" from the devs on the suggestion forum isn't really making a suggestion, it's just taking up space. As you say, pointless. Feel free to have the discussion, but know that other people will mention that it's pointless and have every right to.

Well, but after all i discuss things confirmed as "no" that have anything to do with what OP said so it isn't spam/off-topic after all. And the problem is that people rather like to add something to the pointless discussion that say "Man, talking about it here is pointless" etc. It's not like i blame them for this, because i would do it also.

Maybe that was a language barrier thing somewhat, but calling a system the devs designed illogical is still indirectly saying they are. It's not conducive to good discussion. Here's a lesson that the whole internet needs to learn: If you think something is illogical, then prove it rather than calling it illogical. If you can't prove it's illogical, chances are it's not, and if you do prove it then you don't need to say it. All saying it does is make people frustrated or angry.

I though about it when i was writing that part but then i though that you'll maybe don't see how illogicial it *can* be ;d But returning to topic - that devs made illogicial mechanic doesn't mean they're illogicial, it can mean that they don't finished that mechanic etc. Also, i don't see a reason why i need to prove why something is illogicial, it's after all only my opinion and logic of every human is a bit different. But i do it though (i mean... I don't prove it with any hard-science stuff exactly from the best sources, i "prove" it expanding why i think like this and why i'm right etc. but i found that people will mostly stick to their opinions no matter how many "proves" ((even "flat" scientific proves)) you would make), so at that point it's just my shit-talking.

No need to apologize, as I said there's no rules against swearing here.

But still - it was rude. People aren't dickheads every day only because they don't get arrested for this ;d

Forums would be amazing if this would work in another way, though - if you're breaking rules you're breaking rules, no more needed to get warning.

So it looks that you're rigth is i said that, but if i did i meant "if devs would add it to every mode you could ignore this after all" etc. 

Well, but after all i discuss things confirmed as "no" that have anything to do with what OP said so it isn't spam/off-topic after all. And the problem is that people rather like to add something to the pointless discussion that say "Man, talking about it here is pointless" etc. It's not like i blame them for this, because i would do it also.

I though about it when i was writing that part but then i though that you'll maybe don't see how illogicial it *can* be ;d But returning to topic - that devs made illogicial mechanic doesn't mean they're illogicial, it can mean that they don't finished that mechanic etc. Also, i don't see a reason why i need to prove why something is illogicial, it's after all only my opinion and logic of every human is a bit different. But i do it though (i mean... I don't prove it with any hard-science stuff exactly from the best sources, i "prove" it expanding why i think like this and why i'm right etc. but i found that people will mostly stick to their opinions no matter how many "proves" ((even "flat" scientific proves)) you would make), so at that point it's just my shit-talking.But still - it was rude. People aren't dickheads every day only because they don't get arrested for this ;d

As for the ilogical part, i am on Rathlord on it, if something is ilogical, the person who made it is ilogical because, he is not using logic to make such thing.

Look at me, i am against how hunger works in the game right now, eating 1/4 of a small candy and be fed can be ilogical, but in reality, the system/mechanic is flawed, i can provide info on why is flawed, why it doesn't work, how i think it can be better, why i think it would be better and fit in with the game vision of survival.

When you reach a moment when you know something is flawed, you see other people complain about it and agree that is flawed, that is the moment when you can throw a suggestion topic and discuss about it and maybe led to some sort of conclusion on what the devs can do to fix it.

But when you take a topic that is confirmed as a no (zombie camo, more guns, cure, a save system (remember the days were we didn't even had save system!), special zombies that do special stuff), the community or the majority of the community who has seen and discussed the same thing for almost 4 years now, will jump in and say no, because they know how it will end, it becomes a eternal loop of "but why not", "because no, and the devs said no and they have the final word", "buuuuut whyyyy tho", i seen it happen, Rathlord, Enigma and others have seen it happen.

Also adding a game-mode with saving, is something the devs just don't want to do because is not in the vision of the game, i am sorry if i misinterpreted you again, but why would they add a game-mode that they don't want? Like Enigma said, there are the files with Lua to do it, but there is no demand for said feature because no one has mod it in, it would ruin the game, thus the devs wont add it.

Want to see something similar that will have a demand? NPCs Kids, someday i am sure someone other is going to mod them in, the vision of the devs kinda had them i believe but they didn't want controversy so it was left out of the vision, but i am sure someone will pick up the files and do them. 

Ignoring the argument and going on topic o.O

In RL, most blood-borne diseases can be contracted by mere contact under the right conditions. Human bodies are filled with holes! All it takes is one micro crack in your skin for an infection to wiggle its way in. Personally I'm just happy the game lets me get away with being splattered by zombie brains all day long without ever getting any in my mouth or eyes o.O To fight zeds in melee without risks of infection you'd need a complete level 4 bio-hazard suit.

Dying from a scratch is really frustrating (even more so when you bother to take thick-skinned) but it's realistic. I think its safe to assume the zombie virus is extremely virulent, the kind of shit they keep locked up in the deeper recesses of level four containment facilities with a finger close to the incineration button at all times o.O

+1 to sandbox option for deadly bites only tho, from a pure gameplay perspective it would be a great addition for more casual games.

Yeah, i don't think that scratch in only the meat wouldn't infect you, but the two things that annoys me the most in that kind of situations are:

1. Crawlers are really bugged and unbalanced. Examples?

a) crawlers can easily crawl under walking zombies and bite you when you don't even see them because there are zombies walking on them. Try to crawl under someones foots. Good luck.

b) when really fast ones zombies become a crawler they are really freakin' fast. I feel that even normal human would have problems in crawling with that speed using only arms. How they can be so fast when they have literally nothing to grab than floor or grass and their legs are broken?

2. Scratches have just flat 25% chance to infect you. You can disinfect your scratch in matter of seconds and this will not help. It's really unlogicial for me that you can't actually kill that virus/bacteria with disinfectant but your body have a really big chance to just don't get infected. When i understand bittes for me scratches are really wayyy out from any logicial reasons why they're working like that (btw that you have 2-3% to not get infected by bite is also kinda unrealistic, it's like this virus/bacteria is trolling you and playing god). And i don't think that traits can help you in any way. It's just flat % and i really don't like this.

1) a. show me an example of crawlers being bugged in build 32.27 or above. They've been changed slightly and, I'm a bit disheartened that, though people say they have issues, no one has posted a video of them being evil yet. 

Don't walk on the zombies, okay? You're just asking to get into trouble.

b. same as above, and provide the distinction of whether you're talking about sandbox settings or multiplayer

2) How can it be illogical if you don't know what the zombie pathogen is?

And we're back to "If you don't like it, change it."

I'm starting to see you two everywhere

@uberan.

Enigma though about this too, this is why he gave me a post block for a *opinion* (without personaly or not harming someone..) about the rule, not even breaking the rule (sexist jokes etc.)

If you need to drag this out, sure.

You were suspended after continuing to make homophobic jokes when told not to. Twice. This adds to your temper tantrum about having more than two gender options on the forum.

The rule you broke was "be lovely".

Take care wherever you go. It won't be on our forums, anymore. At least for quite a few years until you can look back at this and see how unpleasant, corny and inane your presence on our forums has been.