Unbalanced jobs.

Adamiks

For me jobs are way too unbalanced. For example unemployed have +8 points when firefigther have +0 and have only +1 to strentgh and fitness and +1 running(?). Carpenter have +2 points and +3 skill in carpentry. I can easily choose "fast learning" trait for 6 points and have faster xp gain in all skills instead 1 skill on 3 lv (which is really bad). Veteran have -8 points, +2 to reloading and aiming + no panic. I could use thes 16 points to choose "brave" trait for 4 point and "hunter" for 6 points(?) and something else.

I will not write here all the jobs and why they sucks i will just say - unemployed is best job ever if you're smart enough to choose good set of traits. Even when i wanted to kinda role-play and make story of my character+job etc. i still choosed unemployed because my brain was just crying when i saw how bad other jobs are.

What you guys think? It's only me who thinks they're bad or they're really bad? Also if you guys could post your favorite sets this would be helpful ;-)

Lumberjack is my favourite. Every other job seems too expensive/to weak to me. You can't go wrong with faster axe swing, +2 to blade, +1 strength and no negative points. Ultimate axe-fighting job.

Embrace the axe, my fellow Lumberjacks.

Personally, I'm not sure there should be "jobs". We should just free-form character build. Leave it up to us to define why our zombie food is strong but overweight and can't handle their liquor. 

Remember that some jobs have special traits, like veteran for example. This would be kinda silly if you could choose "you was in vietnam" trait ;d

While the job/trait system does need some balances and reworks, it definitely serves a purpose to have the two separated. Choosing to take Carpenter AND Fast Learner, for example, allows you to level up carpentry quite a bit faster than taking Unemployed and Fast Learner.

The jobs offer bonuses that you can't get any other way, at an increased point cost.

Yes, i understand that, but when you can choose carpenter and fast learner i can choose unemployed, fast learner and strong (that for 6 points, not 10) and (in my opinion) set number two is better because first 3 lv's of carpentry are pretty easy to learn (and btw i think that carpenter is the job that is one of the "best" if you ask me, and even with that unemployed is better).

Though, on MP these jobs are better because - for example - your friend can be master carpenter, you can doctor, another friend can be this and this etc. but on SP? Unemployed is the best (and this shouldn't be like that).

Personally, I'm not sure there should be "jobs". We should just free-form character build. Leave it up to us to define why our zombie food is strong but overweight and can't handle their liquor. 

We already CAN do that. It's called character creation.

Yes, i understand that, but when you can choose carpenter and fast learner i can choose unemployed, fast learner and strong (that for 6 points, not 10) and (in my opinion) set number two is better because first 3 lv's of carpentry are pretty easy to learn (and btw i think that carpenter is the job that is one of the "best" if you ask me, and even with that unemployed is better).

I'd say whichever one is better depends on what you're hoping on doing. The first one would be better if you're going to be relying heavily on building your own crap. The strength will come from all the tree cutting, so taking the strong trait would be wasted points.

"The strength will come from all the tree cutting, so taking the strong trait would be wasted points."

Yeah, right.... If anyone on this forum ever leveled up i officialy claim that he is a pro player, because for 6lv you need 30000 points. Not 3000, 30000! 

a lot of the jobs do need reworking because the only professions that I think are actually worthwhile are;

fire officer: basically getting runner,stout, and fit at discount points

carpenter: the carpentry boost is somewhat useful

lumberjack: chopping  down trees faster is really useful

Veteran: doesn't need to get beta blockers for larger hordes