No NPC mentions policy

lemmy101

NEVER mentioning NPCs in a Mondoid ever again until they are like a week away. No more APZDTISA questions on it will be answered. Never shall those three letters leave my keyboard. :P This is why we don't mention NPCs.

The amount of shit we need to deal with far far outstrips the appreciation we get for NPC updates. It's a shame but it's the only way we can go cause damned if I feel like working after today. ;)

*hides under a rock and cries*

APZDTISAEANPC

If anyone complains in future please send them here and maybe here to explain this isn't because we're dropping them or anything crazy. I got all manner of conspiracy theories for hiding all the NPC videos on my personal youtube to stop the unending nasty comments spilling into my gmail notification bar and pretty much instantly making me want to climb into bed for a week  ;) just the emotional toil from dealing with post mondoid NPC complaints does nothing but hurt the development of them.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SmallHotDrink.png

You had a rough start of the week buddy, here have a coffee, don't listen to them, you are doing a great job and i know that even if it takes till next year, the NPCs are going to be worth it, i just feel alone in SP, but with all the neat stuff you guys make (at-least i can pretend i am talking to someone over the radio), it makes it worth it.

If there was a way i could support you guys i would do it, maybe buying the game again and give it away in the fourms like a guy did a while ago to me.

Cheer up, you are the only dev team i been following since 2011 and are the only ones i really think they can pull it off, you guys have been though so much shit but you guys always pull though (that bomb incident tho).

What happened?

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/3j3jpn/mondoid_bank_holiday_apzdtisa_mop_up/

Good, good. I've been hoping for this for a very long time.

Not the crying thing, no, just the "no NPCs in Mondoids until close to release" thing. Winds people up, and it takes quite a toll trying to settle them down.

What happened?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/520518053449950851/

That's just a couple of people. Don't worry too much about it. I know it must be hard to see past the few negative people but there's so much positivity surrounding the game too. The vast majority love it, it's only a few who can't deal with waiting (or just want to provoke a reaction) who complain like that.

Good, good. I've been hoping for this for a very long time.

Not the crying thing, no, just the "no NPCs in Mondoids until close to release" thing. Winds people up, and it takes quite a toll trying to settle them down.

What happened?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/520518053449950851/

Jesus that guy really went to the steam fourms just to fuck shit up there too?

God damn.

Its for the best to make Mondoids a no NPC filter until they are close, but watch your words very carefully when a Mondoid is made, because the community is going to latch upon the devs when they say the word NPC next time and expect them to be in the future build.

NEVER mentioning NPCs in a Mondoid ever again until they are like a week away. No more APZDTISA questions on it will be answered. Never shall those three letters leave my keyboard. :P This is why we don't mention NPCs.

The amount of shit we need to deal with far far outstrips the appreciation we get for NPC updates. It's a shame but it's the only way we can go cause damned if I feel like working after today. ;)

*hides under a rock and cries*

APZDTISAEANPC

Cheer up lemmy. You cant take those steam/reddit/forum whiners so serious. Some people will just whine no matter what you do. You guys created the best zombie survival game up-to-date, and its not even 1.0. Just ignore them , take your time and keep the progress like you do.

Game is great and so is your team :)

Oh they are the minority for sure, but their words account for the vast majority when it comes to the effect they have on brains ;) it takes 20 posts of undying love and adoration to psychologically combat one long nasty mean post. :P

So far we have 6...buuuut with Lollipop.png we have 16 right?

I think of you guys as the George R.R. Martin of Indie programming. It's a bit of a waiting game, but the stuff you deliver is totally worth it.

And there is a lot of unexpected death in the process

And zombies

Please don't hire GRRM to do the NPC programming for you

Ha it's a comparison I like to use, except I feel a bit weird as if saying 'I'm just like that dude who wrote all those amazing books everyone loves' but yeah, my heart BLEEDS for GRR Martin, cause he has a billion times the pressure we do, very much for the same reasons (do we want a rushed and shitty Winds of Winter? NO take ALL the time you need George), but also has to deal with people going on about him dying into the bargain ;) at least I don't have that to deal with.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Keep your chin up, TIS. The amount of pressure on game developers gets overwhelming at times. It's caused more than one team to simply disappear and leave things unfinished, and I greatly admire both your resilience in the face of negativity and your determination to be a company that delivers as promised.

I think a lot of players have a vision of game developers as programming machines with nothing else to do, rather than people with lives. Folks, these guys and gals at Indie Stone have just as many personal things going on in their lives. They have weddings and funerals to plan, children to get to school, babies to change, ailing parents to care for, bills, debts, second jobs, mortgages, loans, college debt....in short, they are every day people with every day problems.

The amount of personal time it takes to make a game in the first place is astonishing. It's a constant juggling act between life and the product you promised. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of folks complaining about either missed ETAs or no ETAs have never worked under the pressure of delivering a product to thousands of folks. The demand is so strenuous that it becomes a tangible thing, and gets so heavy it's hard to even breath or think. When you're in the middle of scripting an incredibly ambitious feature for a game that's already set the bar high with its amazingly solid reputation and girth of content (PZ has both as we speak) the desire and necessity of delivering top-shelf features becomes stifling.

The most constructive thing we can do, as players and fans, is to give the developers a little bit of breathing room and offer them support and good faith that they are indeed doing their best, and won't rest until they deliver. I'm resolute in my belief that TIS is going to give us what we want.

Stick with it, TIS. Do what you do, and do it when you're ready. In case of hyperventilating, open bag, insert face, and breath deeply. In the end, you're going to be a milestone in gaming, and not a footnote.

Oh they are the minority for sure, but their words account for the vast majority when it comes to the effect they have on brains ;) it takes 20 posts of undying love and adoration to psychologically combat one long nasty mean post. :P

Not rushing with new releases is what helps you tbh. I remember other zombie game that made me hyped like hell ( dead state). They  had early access peroid and when they announced realase date i was like WTF the game need so much more polishing and bugfixes. Those bugs crushed the revievs and even after big update ( reborn) the game is far from "good".

Im really happy you do not follow that path. 32.25 or 1.0 dont mean shit to me as long as we get more stuff each version.

And you have 92% socre on steam with over 9,5k reviews.

What I really want to say is 'even if it took me 10 years, I'd hold it back till it was ready, damn everything else' but I refrain because of course, such a statement implies its possible it would take that long, which is ridiculous of course, but I've learnt better from using jokes, analogies or hyperbole when addressing people like this. But that's the sentiment. As long as it takes, no less.

Not rushing with new releases is what helps you tbh. I remember other zombie game that made me hyped like hell ( dead state). They  had early access peroid and when they announced realase date i was like WTF the game need so much more polishing and bugfixes. Those bugs crushed the revievs and even after big update ( reborn) the game is far from "good".

Im really happy you do not follow that path. 32.25 or 1.0 dont mean shit to me as long as we get more stuff each version.

Oh man dont remind me of Dead State, when they said "RELEASE SOOON BOIS!" i was like "oh hell no, this is bad"

I have literally never played a game with better developers. Hard working, and very engaging with the community. It's sad that a few people adds stress to your life like that.

I personally don't care at all about NPC's, and I think your "no more mentioning NPC's" policy, is probably a very smart move. Even if you guys stopped working on the game right now, i feel like i have got my $ worth many many times over.

I have yet to write a review on steam, but I will soon. Stay cool devs.

Oh man dont remind me of Dead State, when they said "RELEASE SOOON BOIS!" i was like "oh hell no, this is bad"

The wole idea was great, just the execution was meh. Zombie game where zeds after 20% of game were no threat (0% hit chance).

Sometimes idiots are job security.  Like with my job; it literally depends on stupid people doing stupid things to other people.  If that wasn't such an absolute certainty, my job would not exist.

Even if you are not lucky enough to be able to say that the idiots actually support your lifestyle, you CAN say that idiots are an occupational hazard for almost every other job out there.  Particularly jobs like yours that are oriented towards creating and providing a product for consumers.  You can never make the idiots happy because they are too dumb to realize when they should be happy and they are highly likely to overrate any disappointment they encounter.

Short story:  Focus on the smart people, or at least the middle of the road folks; don't sweat the idiots.  They aren't worth your time.