Map Making Newbie Questions

sad

Hey all,

new to the forum and map making... a couple of questions have come up...

(1) Should I wait for the next build with Creative Mode OR will CM just be the functionality of the map making tools in the game?

(2) When you have a window above a roof you climb into the house... can this be fixed in the BuildingEd or should it be ignored for now?

(3) Is it possible to "build" "behind" the west- and north-facing walls of buildings, e.g. garden path to a north-facing entrance (as opposed to rooms...) when I try it I can change only tiles that are visible from behind the walls and upon rotating the tiles are deleted...

thx in advance for any help...

1. Creative mode is just an addition to the tools. The tools themselves are and probably will be the more efficient or at least more accurate to use when mapping. So you don't need to wait.

2. It's a collision issue. You can't fix it in the tools.

3. You can use the opacity in tile mode to make walls see through. Choose the walls layer and there should be an opacity slider on the left side.

4. Welcome to the forums! Glad to see new mappers coming in! :)

EDIT: on number 2 you could try placing floor tiles under the roof in tile mode. This way you should be able to walk on the roof or at least through it. This might not work however, I haven't tested.