Observing Zombies/NPC's

bbcokeley

A search on here brought up nothing on the subject so....

I was playing with the other half on Saturday and when she died and became a zombie she was just watching her corpse shuffle about. and letting me know which one she was so i could retrieve her stuff.

Would it be possible to have a kind of spectator mode /observation mode so we can TAB about the map (only the pre existing zombies/npcs) it would be fun to just observe, like watching a drama unfold. It could also lead to a kind of fun drinking game when the npcs are released, take a shot every time they kill a zed? Win a tener (£10 for non britts) for being the last npc standing.

I kind'f like spectating some times, could this be a possible thing or would it be too hard to implement?

EDITED some letters where missing, some extras where present (damn laptop keyboard)

I'm not sure if this falls under one of the confirmed "No's" in the Commonly Made Suggestions thread...

([n]    First Person or other viewpoint changes including camera rotation)

BUT I like this idea! As someone who watches Let's Play videos on Youtube and occasionally spectates a League game or two, I'd be down for watching some people play some Zomboid while eating or drinking-- particularly when someone hops through a window only to find themselves hugging a few undead friends they didn't know they'd have a few seconds prior.  :evil:

I'm not sure if this falls under one of the confirmed "No's" in the Commonly Made Suggestions thread...

([n]    First Person or other viewpoint changes including camera rotation)

It doesn't, because it doesn't require the game engine to be changed from isometric to full 3D.

Yeh, the idea is the same as when you die, you have zero controll over the camera or anything, its simply what the player is seeing.

Could be fun, especially for the spectators and gamblers alike (jk), no idea if it is hard to implement tho, cant imagine swapping between active players/nps/zombies would be too difficult given they should have some sort of ID?

Well right now the Devs have used some sort of weird specter mode for the NPCs, the last NPCs videos show the NPCs just looting and crafting stuff without the players aid, it would be very cool to have that in SP, just watching a NPC survive and learn how they play.

oh, then this system already is available, i wonder if they could possibly let us have it as a feature to observe a game or two, could sip a few beers and watch some zomboids after a long day at work :)

Well right now the Devs have used some sort of weird specter mode for the NPCs, the last NPCs videos show the NPCs just looting and crafting stuff without the players aid, it would be very cool to have that in SP, just watching a NPC survive and learn how they play.

oh, then this system already is available, i wonder if they could possibly let us have it as a feature to observe a game or two, could sip a few beers and watch some zomboids after a long day at work :)

This. Exactly this. I have a feeling that the devs would view this as a feature they'd implement once they get more prominent and important things finished, but I have a feeling they could definitely accomplish this. When I get home after a long shift, I like to come home, heat up some leftovers (I work second shift -- 'till 2am) and watch some Youtubers play some games. Lately, I've taken a liking to ManBearPig; he plays a lot of PZ and has an interesting accent to boot.

This would accomplish the same exact thing, only in real-time.  (fedora)

• 1 year later...