Hijacking cars with Electrician skill, not requiring car keys

raymond

Sorry if posted, double sorry for speaking about a thing not yet implemented, but I read today's Mondoid's section about vehicles, it said something about how annoying it would be not to have keys when there's abandoned cars everywhere... Well, I came up with a more balanced (IMO) way: you should have keys required, BUT if your Electricity skill is high enough, you can hijack the car by connecting some wires for ignition to start (now, I was inspired by some cartoon, possibly Lilo & Stitch from early 2000's, not sure if it's real to start cars like that)

Sorry if posted, double sorry for speaking about a thing not yet implemented, but I read today's Mondoid's section about vehicles, it said something about how annoying it would be not to have keys when there's abandoned cars everywhere... Well, I came up with a more balanced (IMO) way: you should have keys required, BUT if your Electricity skill is high enough, you can hijack the car by connecting some wires for ignition to start (now, I was inspired by some cartoon, possibly Lilo & Stitch from early 2000's, not sure if it's real to start cars like that)

In mondoid this week was told that cars will not need key

Mechanics are more likely to have this skill than electricians. While electricians theoretically know how an electrical system works, they're no more likely than the next guy to actually know how to do it in a practical sense. Most modern cars can't be hotwired like that, though there were a fair few more of them that could be back when the game took place... still very few afaik.

I have to say, I really like the idea of having keys to cars but also having ways to hotwire them, even if it is profession, trait or skill based. Sometimes the keys could even just be in the car or a nearby loot location to kind of balance things out without the player being able to just take any car at any time.

I have to say, I really like the idea of having keys to cars but also having ways to hotwire them, even if it is profession, trait or skill based. Sometimes the keys could even just be in the car or a nearby loot location to kind of balance things out without the player being able to just take any car at any time.

Something like how doors work would be an easy way I suppose - if a zombie does near a car, it has a small chance of having the keys to that car.

Also, if this is the route TIS go down with vehicles, +1 to tying hotwiring to the burglar profession. Perhaps have it as a learnable skill through a magazine for other professions?

Something like how doors work would be an easy way I suppose - if a zombie does near a car, it has a small chance of having the keys to that car.

Also, if this is the route TIS go down with vehicles, +1 to tying hotwiring to the burglar profession. Perhaps have it as a learnable skill through a magazine for other professions?

i feel it would be best as a perk from the job criminal, but also could be learned from (when added) NPC's and possibly after getting a high enough electrician and mechanic trait. That would be a decent balance in my opinion. promotes socialization.