Multiplayer - My take on it.

RedneckZedSlayer01

Hey everyone. Long time reader, First time poster. I've owned the game for a very, very, very, long time. And I love to see the devs working and grinding as much as the wonderful devs that we have do on PZ. 

First off. I believe multiplayer will be an amazing opportunity for PZ to get its nose in the door. Im constantly referring my friends from other zed games to PZ. The first question they always ask - " Is it multiplayer?" Multiplayer could be a very good thing for PZ in the long run. 

I think that with all the issues that PZ will run into based off of multiplayer such as sleeping, you could really just run off of private servers with 'Curfews' so to speak. Not saying that you as a player HAS to sleep at that time, But if you put yourself to sleep, you cannot be harmed, by either players or zed. Then theres the problem of Spawn killing, waiting for a player to wake up and then killing them. Maybe give a player an immunity for a few minutes so they can get there bearings on the situation and environment since they went to sleep? I don't know, That's why I don't get paid the big bucks. Just throwing some ideas out on the table. 

All in all I cannot wait to see what the devs have in store in the future for PZ. We have such a great community and I hope it stays that way for many moons to come. 

Anywho - Forever and always, 

RedneckZedSlayer01.

Yup, multiplayer is planned for a major future (distant) feature. I wouldn't worry about it not coming, simply because half the community wants it (even though I still believe it'll be a pain to implement... :P )

Sleep immunity wouldn't be such a great idea. One of the important parts of the game is the ability to be attacked by threats during sleep, hence the nescesity to actually build barricades and protect yourself. It is tricky, though, since I really don't know how they'll go about the sleep problem. :)

Well for me there shouldn't be a godmode-sleeping thingy. If people sleep in PZ they should have to fear being smothered with a pillow...

I just hope that PZ won't turn into a "deathmatch with zombies" like DayZ. That's why I hope that there will also be the option to play it "friendly" (no damage to other players, etc.).

Well for me there shouldn't be a godmode-sleeping thingy. If people sleep in PZ they should have to fear being smothered with a pillow...

I just hope that PZ won't turn into a "deathmatch with zombies" like DayZ. That's why I hope that there will also be the option to play it "friendly" (no damage to other players, etc.).

The problem with Day Z is that the zombies are not enough of a threat. I think in project zomboid people will worry more about the zombies. In Day Z the zombies are barely there.

Couldn't care less about multiplayer in PZ, personally. In fact, I'm glad it isn't being forced in. The game feels/plays like a single-player experience. "Smart" NPCs would be better than other players running about griefing people, IMO (it's why I never saw the attraction of DayZ).

There are some great multiplayer games, but I hate how of late it has become the focus of most of the industry (particularly on consoles), usually causing little attention to be focused on single player stories or tacking on MP or co-op to games that have no need of it or are outright ruined by the addition (Mass Effect 3, SpecOps, Resident Evil, Dead Space, etc.).

Just my two cents, though.

What about people will turn into NPCs while gone?

I know it's a risk but it can be optional.

And also you would have defence while away.

Do you mean when you are offline?

If so im agaisnt it mainly because you could lose your character and all the stuff you have leveled up due to the NPC making a silly move on a system error that you wouldnt make

Couldn't care less about multiplayer in PZ, personally. In fact, I'm glad it isn't being forced in. The game feels/plays like a single-player experience. "Smart" NPCs would be better than other players running about griefing people, IMO (it's why I never saw the attraction of DayZ).

We don't know the NPC's are going to feel in the game and plus i'd love to play with some real people see how they play and how they survive and it wouldn't turn into a grief/PvP match i think it'd be too hard, you'd have to do everything sneakily to make sure you didnt attract a horde or get eaten.

We don't know the NPC's are going to feel in the game and plus i'd love to play with some real people see how they play and how they survive and it wouldn't turn into a grief/PvP match i think it'd be too hard, you'd have to do everything sneakily to make sure you didnt attract a horde or get eaten.

Griefing could be as easy as attracting a horde and leading them to a safehouse of anothe survivor ;)

I'm looking forward to multiplayer so I can play with some friends or my sister if I can convince her. Solving the sleeping problem will be really hard in my opinion: there could be people who (in populated servers) go around at night and break into safehouses and kill the occupants. Sleeping in shifts would solve the problem, but that would mean that the one on guard would have to sit around like 15 minutes irl for the next shift.

Griefing could be as easy as attracting a horde and leading them to a safehouse of anothe survivor ;)

I suppose but zombies are going to find you anyway :')

The only way I see multiplayer being good in this game would be if it was kind of like an MMO. There would be offline, then there would be the massive online multiplayer. Because if you're doing co-op or just an open room, you would know everyone who came in right away, get a feel for them, and kick them if you didn't like how they behaved. And that's just not realistic. This is of course my opinion, so if you disagree, that's your opinion.

As someone who's always thought multiplayer was totally unneeded for PZ, I was playing the other day (with the PZ map project open, as always) and was at the isolated truck stop/trailer park in the lower right and got thinking about how - with several other players - it would be possible and a lot of fun to actually wall off (barricade) an entire block or two, essentially creating fortified communities of survivors. This, of course, assumes online multiplayer that encourages - shock! - cooperation between random players!

Anyway, just the first time I thought of MP PZ in a positive light and in a way it could add rather than detract from the game.

Anywho - Forever and always, 

RedneckZedSlayer01.

Oh, be still my beating heart.

As someone who's always thought multiplayer was totally unneeded for PZ, I was playing the other day (with the PZ map project open, as always) and was at the isolated truck stop/trailer park in the lower right and got thinking about how - with several other players - it would be possible and a lot of fun to actually wall off (barricade) an entire block or two, essentially creating fortified communities of survivors. This, of course, assumes online multiplayer that encourages - shock! - cooperation between random players!

Anyway, just the first time I thought of MP PZ in a positive light and in a way it could add rather than detract from the game.

My first impressions of PZ multiplayer was always positive. With this kinda of game, coop with another players is so much fun than trying to hack through other player just for their sleeping pills or something like that.

What the game should do is create it's own timeline in the real world, so as I am saying someone who sleeps in the game will have time move faster for them than someone who isn't. By manipulating the timestream it would run very smoothly.

Not sure you're thinking straight here- then the time for the person who slept would be 8 in the morning and the person who stayed awake would be 9 at night. Is it light or dark out?

No the person playing the game has their timeline accelerated in real life.

-- In all seriousness you could just adjust it so you have to lay in bed for 30 seconds in real life. Leaving you vulnerable. It would still work and give you the rest just that you wouldn't have to rest as long.

What the game should do is create it's own timeline in the real world, so as I am saying someone who sleeps in the game will have time move faster for them than someone who isn't. By manipulating the timestream it would run very smoothly.

I don't see how this works out with day-/night-time