Still confused about local play(LAN)

blkdeath75

I bought a separate steam account for my wife as well as a copy of the game, and for some reason I have NO CLUE how to get us playing a local game together? Is this something that is being implemented with the new steam multiplayer tools? I would think that my other comp would automatically see any LAN games running.

I'd rather not use a 3rd party program which I have seen a lot of people saying they use Hamachi?(sp) Is there not a built in way to see local hosts or start local play?

Thanks.

You can play coop on the same computer.  That requires one (or both) of you to use a game controller.

For multiplayer (even LAN) you must start a server.  On Windows that can be as easy as double-clicking the ProjectZomboidServer.bat in the game folder if you're not using the Steam test version.

You can play coop on the same computer.  That requires one (or both) of you to use a game controller.

For multiplayer (even LAN) you must start a server.  On Windows that can be as easy as double-clicking the ProjectZomboidServer.bat in the game folder if you're not using the Steam test version.

What he said. There should be a file called ProjectZomboidServer.bat, open that and it'll start generating the map etc and when it finishes it'll start listening on a port, have to make sure it's forwarded of course. To connect to your own server locally on the computer that's hosting you need to join 127.0.0.1, other computers in your network have to connect to your internal IP, usually 192.168.0.X.

doesn't work for me :???:

1. serverlist = the server is not responding = connection failed (127.0.0.1 + hamachi ip)

2. ProjectZomboid64.exe = failed to retrieve server information by its IP     (failed)

pls help me im a noob :(