VAC Opt out

sora

For the sake of having options? It's a simple request, Won't take many hours to implement. In my opinion, it should be an option that is up to the server owner to disable just like it is for source engine games.

If you want to get into subjective reasons, I'm paranoid, and I distrust VAC, due to my experience with other anti cheat software.

My suggestion is the ability to opt out of VAC using some commandline similiar to how source engine games have "-insecure"

The only reason why anyone would want to get around VAC is because their account got banned for PZ or people trying to use free versions of the game bypassing steam authentication servers.

Why is everyone so dead set against this? All I'm suggesting is an OPTION to disable it, by default its enabled just like source and specifically has to have it added to the commandline to disable it. ModdedTibby You clearly missed the fact that I admitted to being paranoid, and have bad experiences with other anti cheat systems and because of that I distrust VAC.

Why is everyone so dead set against this? All I'm suggesting is an OPTION to disable it, by default its enabled just like source and specifically has to have it added to the commandline to disable it. ModdedTibby You clearly missed the fact that I admitted to being paranoid, and have bad experiences with other anti cheat systems and because of that I distrust VAC.

Well i am quite paranoid too with everything but it had never cross my mind some sort of paranoia against VAC, the whole point of Steam integration is to get VAC Anti-cheat and easy servers with steam.

If you want a server with no VAC, make one with no-steam like we do right now, that way you can have it simple.