Coxis Reload-Sync

Dr_Cox1911

poster.png.3529965ca422127b7ff72c40844b9653.png

Greetings all!

I modded this thing in a couple of minutes and thought it might be useful for other people as well.
I coded it mainly for my own purpose and want to run this mod once the Workshop works fully.

Coxis Reload-Sync is only working in MP and still has some bugs, use at your own risk!

This mod supports TinyAVC!

What does Coxis Reload-Sync do?
Well, the name pretty much sums it up. With this mod you (=Serveradmin) can choose a reloaddifficulty and automatically sync it to your clients. The clients aren´t able to change the setting while the mod is loaded.

How do I (=Serveradmin) choose the difficulty?
Within the mod folder you find a "reloadsettings.ini" which should be pretty self-explanatory. Here is a quick example:

If I wanted to set the difficulty to medium my "reloadsettings.ini" would look like this:

[SETTINGS]
;Choose the desired difficulty here:
;1 = Easy
;2 = Medium
;3 = Hard
difficulty=2

MODS_02.png

Sourcecode: Github

Steam Workshop

Edited by Dr_Cox1911
restructured post for steam workshop release

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Is this mod even needed anymore? Haven't played for ages, so I don't know if this still works.

Might throw it on github though, so that others can contribute to it if it's still a thing.

Edited by Dr_Cox1911

• 1 month later...

I have rewritten the mod to use LuaNet, but unfortunately I can't figure out how to send the settings to the client without a player action like pressing a button or closing the damn dialog box.

Any LuaNet professionals here? I thought that I could simply add a "send"-Command in my init-function which get's called upon initialization of LuaNet, but the request for sending the setting is not received on the server-side.

The communication is working though, because I've added a debug button-press which sends the exact same command and the server receives it, sends the setting and the client changes it's reload difficulty accordingly.

Edited by Dr_Cox1911

OnGameStart fires before the connection between the client and server is established it seems, because adding something to this event fires before the "Waiting for player-connect response from server" is done.

With LuaNet it should work with the "onInitAdd"-function but for some obscure reason the server doesn't receive the command. Looks like it is some sort of timing problem.

EDIT: I just uploaded the mod to github, so if someone of you guys want to take a look at it. The function that's responsibly for asking the server to send the settings is "CoxisReloadSyncClient.askSettings".

Edited by Dr_Cox1911

• 4 months later...