Updated to 32.22 and 'Connection Failed'

CaptKaspar

You restarted the server after changing the ini file?  Type 'quit' in the server console to shut it down.

The red buttons mean that the Steam Overlay isn't working for some reason.  It shouldn't affect clients connecting to your server though.

I relaunched the server multiple times, but I never used the 'quit' command though, I would just red X out the server window.

So I shut the server down using the 'quit' command this last time.

Unfortunately, my friend called the quits for the night to get some sleep and I think I'm going to follow suit.

I do appreciate your time and help in sorting this out! We'll get back to troubleshooting tomorrow and will update on our progress. In the meantime please let me know if you have any other ideas on what might be causing the issue.

Prior to build 30.20 we did not have any connection issues. Neither of us have had any router, system updates, ISP changes or hardware upgrades between now and then. So we are hoping its just something wonky with the steam integration. Maybe doing clean installs of PZ might help?

I managed to fix the red steam workshop options and I can now load and browse Spiffo's Workshop etc! Pretty sweet btw!

I did this by following these instructions: here

However my server that is set to public (and has a name) still does not show up in the steam server list or the server list within PZ.

This screams to me like a port forwarding issue. I am able to join my server locally, but users can not join it and Steam does not see the server.

The ports that I have forwarded to my PC's IP are 16259-16270. In the servertest.ini I have SteamPort1=16259 and SteamPort2=16260. When launching the server it confirms that it is using those ports.

Are there any other ports that I might need open? Or something else that could be causing a blockage? Firewalls are down and Antivirus etc is not active.

I was able to get the server to show up in the Steam list!

I had to change my Port Forwarding to TCP/UDP and not just UDP for the new steam ports. This was on a Netgear router.

Booting up an old laptop with Steam on it and plan to use a personal hotspot (so I don't use the local network) to see if I can connect to the server hosted on my PC. Now I just need to get Steam and PZ to work on the laptop under 32.22 :)