Secondhand Loots - Randomize Condition and Fill level of loot!

blindcoder

post-139-0-21003600-1439566560.png

Image created by Onkeen! Thanks!

Do you like that everything you find is in mint condition?

Do you think it's realistic that all pills you find are completely full?

Then this mod is not for you! Everyone else, keep reading!

What is Secondhand Loots?

SL is a mod that randomizes the condition of weapons you find as well as the fill levels of pills, charcoal, lighters, everything with a "Remaining" bar in the tooltip!

How does it do that?

By hooking into the loot-generation code of the game. It also handles Lucky/Unlucky in a way that you get more items in perfect or broken condition.

Cool! Where can I get this?

Download it directly from github: https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-bcRandomizedItems/releases

Or subscribe to it on Spiffos Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501895986

I'm a modder and don't want my items to automerge! What do I do?

To achieve this, add these lines into a .lua file in media/lua/client:

if not BCGT then BCGT = {} endif not BCGT.MergeIgnore then BCGT.MergeIgnore = {} endBCGT.MergeIgnore["Module.Item"] = 1;

Please make sure to include both if not lines so you don't overwrite other mods' ignore lists. Replace Module.Item with the full type of the item that you don't want auto-merged.

Anything else I need to know?

Yes: When you transfer items that have a fill level (pills, charcoal, etc) into a container where another one of these items is, they will be combined!

That means that two half-empty packs of charcoal will become one full pack automatically.

This does not apply to anything that leaves behind an "empty" version of itself like Water Bottles, Pots and the like.

Anything you need help with?

Yes! The mod can set lower/upper limits of condition for items. For example, an axe will always be at least 25% and a Hunting Knife 33%, no matter what. This is meant so that players don't find a rare item after days of scavenging only to find it's broken and unusable.

This is where I need help: Post suggestions of lower/upper limits of condition as well as chances that an item should be broken or in perfect condition! Default chance for either is 2.5%

If you have a suggestion for something, please post it here. Please make it a nice "balanced" suggestion, not a "but I want this to be perfect ALLLWWAAAYS" suggestion, thanks!

post-139-0-21003600-1439566560_thumb.png

Thanks for that, blindcoder! I vaguely remember suggesting something similar ages ago.

Suggestion: maybe items found in shops (hardware stores, pharmacies etc.) would have a higher chance of being in mint condition?

That's a good idea. Let's say a general minimum Condition og 50% percent?

I'll see how to implement that.

I get an exception when picking up a thread Thread.png.

The red exception rectangle appears after that in main menu.

It didn't happen before, just after installing secondhand loots.

EDIT:

Picking up a flashlight crashes my game as well.

The steam workshop version of this mod didn't upload properly. The download is filled with empty folders (a .git and a media folder both with empty subfolders). Ditto with your hotbar mod, so it may be the same on your other mods as well.

Oh crap.... thanks for the notification, I'll get on that ASAP.

It's possible that it's a Steam issue. I've seen a few complaints of mods that I could download not showing up for some users. Though all your mods that I've tried have the empty folders issue.

The reupload you just didn't fix it unfortunatly. Does it download fine from your end?

It's possible that it's a Steam issue. I've seen a few complaints of mods that I could download not showing up for some users. Though all your mods that I've tried have the empty folders issue.

The reupload you just didn't fix it unfortunatly. Does it download fine from your end?

I've just tried before my reply and I have the same issue after downloading.

It's probably an issue with my upload and/or the Linux version of PZ. I've opened a ticket on the bugtracker now and will try to upload from Windows in the evening.

oi! Ran into that crash bug with flashlights just before ya fixed it, while at the mall.

Anyway, i know this is stretching it but, would it be possible to have a separate file for overrides?  The reason for a separate one is.

I think i found a item from a mod that is crashing due to this. So id like to add it to a exception list so it wont be randomized. Now with it being from

a different mod, it should be me, the user, who keeps it on a exception.  But with steam integration or even standard d/l and install, said exception list file would have a very high chance of being over written.  Im hoping that makes sence.

I have to go back and test to see if it was, but i think it was the blowtorch from hydrocraft mod.

I really am loving this so far.  I use ORMtnMan's real guns mod, and its great finding alot of them broken. It makes sence, in a RP fashion i guess, that those ppl are zeds now, Its because there gun broke on them!  ;)

EDIT: It looks like its THREAD that is causing a crash when moving things.  This is after the hotfix that you just released.

EDIT #2: Ignore the midget controlling Thrandisher. It apears steam didnt update it untill i restarted my client. so it was using the old version.

There seems to be a bug in your mod, blindcoder. Whatever consumable I find it _always_ has 1 use left. Weapons are randomized allright, but medicine, disinfectants etc. are always at a minimum.

EDIT: And that's with Lucky trait.

There seems to be a bug in your mod, blindcoder. Whatever consumable I find it _always_ has 1 use left. Weapons are randomized allright, but medicine, disinfectants etc. are always at a minimum.

I'll check that, thanks for mentioning!

Can you please test this version:

https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-bcRandomizedItems/archive/v0.8.2.zip

It should fix it, at least it did here, but before I release it it would be cool if you could check that it works :-)