Can't Launche the Game

Dorflex

Question

Hello guys,

i Just bought the game, downloaded Desura updated graphic card and java, i've already played a bit of the Demo version and it was all good, but when i try to play the 32x Version the cmd window flashes and nothing happens... Anyone here knows how to solve it? srry for my bad english and thx for reading =)

13 answers to this question

If you could go to %programfiles%\desura\common\ you should see a Project Zomboid directory.

Find the bat file within that directory (it should say something about compatibility). Open it in Notepad and add the word "pause" (without quotes) to the end of the file, on its own line. This should keep the window open so you can give us the error message.

In the command prompt, just right click and select "Select all." Then, right click again and select "paste"

Then, paste it here.

Ok, here it is:

"C:\Arquivos de Programas\desura\common\Project Zomboid>ProjectZomboid32 -safemode

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1g  -Xms1g

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

The JVM could not be started. The maximum heap size (-Xmx) might be too large or an antivirus or firewall tool could block the execution.

C:\Arquivos de programas\desura\common\Project Zomboid\pause"

(my minecraft its working, so i guess its all ok with the java...)

I don't know where it's picking up  -Xmx1g  -Xms1g from, but those are overly large. Somewhere in the 500MB ballpark should be enough to run the game. I haven't used XP in a while, but you probably need to go looking for the System subsection in control panel, there's a bit for environment variables there somewhere, if you see _JAVA_OPTIONS there go ahead and set the numbers lower.