RELEASED: IWBUMS 32.20

EasyPickins

Does your server have PublicName= set in the .ini file?  I know servers don't show in the Steam server browser without it.

The server is whitelist only, If everything is following the same measures as before whitelist only servers arent able to show up on the public server listing.

Unless that protocol has changed and now whitelist only servers show up publicly

Does your server have PublicName= set in the .ini file?  I know servers don't show in the Steam server browser without it.

Will whitelisted (closed) servers show on the server list then?

Thats what im figuring out.  Do the server settings Open=true/false  or public=true/false  affect actual connections to the server now?

As long as Zomboid doesn't become too dependent on Steam to run a server then I am okay with this addition. It would be a complete turnoff otherwise.

What's "too dependant?"

Hard-wiring the steam protocol to the client forcing people to have to use a steam service rather than have the option to either remain independent, or use a possible custom solution.

Thats what im figuring out.  Do the server settings Open=true/false  or public=true/false  affect actual connections to the server now?

I just checked, and not having PublicName= set means the server doesn't show up in the Steam server browser and clients can't connect.  I'm not sure how to "hide" whitelist-only servers.  It may be possible to add a tag to the server and then filter it out of the in-game server browser.

I just checked, and not having PublicName= set means the server doesn't show up in the Steam server browser and clients can't connect.  I'm not sure how to "hide" whitelist-only servers.  It may be possible to add a tag to the server and then filter it out of the in-game server browser.

I am okay with the whitelist only server  showing up on the server list AS LONG AS the whitelist is completely intact and random people cant join the server without applying for it and manually being added to the database

Okay i lied

So Server settings

Public=true

PublicName=New Dawn Roleplay Server Whitelist Only

PublicDescription=Apply at www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn

Now when i try to connect i get this error in my client console

http://prntscr.com/83o78l

I got the same error connecting to your server.  Might be a problem with port 16261 or one of the other two, not sure.

are we going to need steamids for whitelsiting now?!

http://prntscr.com/83oa0v

the database has a new section in it for steamids.

When you ban a user by name, it bans their SteamID as well.  There are two commands /banid and /unbanid (bit hard to use with the long SteamID however).

Someone just connected to my server "PZ Dedicated Server", auth succeeded.

Okay i lied

So Server settings

Public=true

PublicName=New Dawn Roleplay Server Whitelist Only

PublicDescription=Apply at www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn

Now when i try to connect i get this error in my client console

http://prntscr.com/83o78l

I got the same error connecting to your server.  Might be a problem with port 16261... not sure.

are we going to need steamids for whitelsiting now?!

http://prntscr.com/83oa0v

the database has a new section in it for steamids.

When you ban a user by name, it bans their SteamID as well.  There are two commands /banid and /unbanid (bit hard to use with the long SteamID however).

Someone just connected to my server "PZ Dedicated Server", auth succeeded.

Nope i got it working for whitelist servers.

If the server settings are set as following you will need to gather their steam ids before the server will authenicate them fully

Open=false  {meaning not open to the public}

Public=true {shows up on the list}

No one could connect until i started adding their steamids to the databse.

Now the question is when you go to

/addusertowhitelist "name" "password" is there a steamid "steadidgoeshere" at the end

Nope i got it working for whitelist servers.

If the server settings are set as following you will need to gather their steam ids before the server will authenicate them fully

Open=false  {meaning not open to the public}

Public=true {shows up on the list}

No one could connect until i started adding their steamids to the databse.

Now the question is when you go to

/addusertowhitelist "name" "password" is there a steamid "steadidgoeshere" at the end

I didn't intend for it it work that way.  I'll try post a fix in a bit.

So how do i launch the game non-steam enabled? Can't see Zeeks in the server list and don't seem to see any option to disable the steam integration.

Please help

Thanks

A couple options for non-Steam mode:

• Start the game from a .bat file (on Windows)
  • Edit either ProjectZomboid32.json or ProjectZomboid64.json with a text editor. Change
-Dzomboid.steam=1to-Dzomboid.steam=0

It won't help if Zeek's server isn't updated to version 32.20 though.

I'd like a way to have more elaborate descriptions. Not sure how you are parsing the files right now, but when you want to have multiple sections, including bullet points, images and some headers the current way is a bit inconvenient.

For example this is the readme for one of my mods.

Would be nice if we could do this instead:

description = {  # Descritpion Text}

I'd like a way to have more elaborate descriptions. Not sure how you are parsing the files right now, but when you want to have multiple sections, including bullet points, images and some headers the current way is a bit inconvenient.

For example this is the readme for one of my mods.

Would be nice if we could do this instead:

description = {  # Descritpion Text}

Multi-line descriptions are supported.  You can also edit the description on the Steam Workshop page (click Edit title & description" on the right side of the page).  You don't need to edit the description in the workshop.txt file, do it in the game.

EDIT: I think Steam limits the description to 8000 characters.

EDIT: I think simple markup is supported in descriptions, similar to steam comments, but I don't see that on the Workshop page.