RELEASED: IWBUMS 32.20

EasyPickins

Multi-line descriptions are supported.  You can also edit the description on the Steam Workshop page (click Edit title & description" on the right side of the page).  You don't need to edit the description in the workshop.txt file, do it in the game.

EDIT: I think Steam limits the description to 8000 characters.

EDIT: I think simple markup is supported in descriptions, similar to steam comments, but I don't see that on the Workshop page.

Thanks EP, I'll try it out.

Does your server have PublicName= set in the .ini file?  I know servers don't show in the Steam server browser without it.

Will whitelisted (closed) servers show on the server list then?

Thats what im figuring out.  Do the server settings Open=true/false  or public=true/false  affect actual connections to the server now?

I just checked, and not having PublicName= set means the server doesn't show up in the Steam server browser and clients can't connect.  I'm not sure how to "hide" whitelist-only servers.  It may be possible to add a tag to the server and then filter it out of the in-game server browser.

Oh no. Definitely don't fix this.

Biggest issue with whitelisting SpiffoSpace was that there was no way to disseminate this information. People just assumed the server died because it wasn't on the list. For that matter, it's the same issue with updates. Could we get an option to display servers that don't match your version?

Forcing a tag like [Whitelist] on it would be helpful, though.

Biggest issue with whitelisting SpiffoSpace was that there was no way to disseminate this information. People just assumed the server died because it wasn't on the list. For that matter, it's the same issue with updates. Could we get an option to display servers that don't match your version?

Due to how the Steam server version is sent, the Public Server List does show all servers even if the version doesn't match.  So mission accomplished there.  I guess an option would be better though, even for non-Steam mode.

I Keep getting a =9 error when trying to upload my Hydrocraft mod. What did I do wrong? Is there a tutorial on how to upload PZ stuff to steam?

Ok I think i got it working. I just totally messed up my template mod and had to unsubscribe to IWBUMS and then resubscribe to it to get back the default template.

Due to how the Steam server version is sent, the Public Server List does show all servers even if the version doesn't match.  So mission accomplished there.  I guess an option would be better though, even for non-Steam mode.

I think the way its set up now is great.  Whitelist Servers that people dont know of can now be seen. Its a win for you guys and server hosters! 

Is the "Non-Steam Mode" a Batch or parameter setting for the game? If so, I hope the option will be more intuitive for players in the future. 

Is the "Non-Steam Mode" a Batch or parameter setting for the game? If so, I hope the option will be more intuitive for players in the future. 

A bat is an intuitive as it gets once interaction with Steam is removed.

Trust me. Batch configuration is not intuitive to someone who is not technically inclined. 

Trust me. Batch configuration is not intuitive to someone who is not technically inclined. 

Sorry, after a few years of doing this, I've come to accept with proper instruction, people can double click a bat file.

They can even make shortcuts, the minxes. 

Trust me. Batch configuration is not intuitive to someone who is not technically inclined.

Sorry, after a few years of doing this, I've come to accept with proper instruction, people can double click a bat file.

Doesn't mean it's intuitive :P

If instructions are required, it's quite the opposite, unless it means something else in english

Trust me. Batch configuration is not intuitive to someone who is not technically inclined.

Doesn't mean it's intuitive :P

If instructions are required, it's quite the opposite, unless it means something else in english

There you go. You've proven any system that requires instruction or previous experience unintuitive.

I just tried uploading a mod to the workshop using the in-game interface.

It gets stuck on "success requesting Steam Workshop to create a new item".

When starting manually, I get this:

[12:14:14][blindcoder@flora:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid]$ ./projectzomboid.sh64-bit java detectedpzexe: Steam is runningszCmd: /bin/sh -c '"/home/blindcoder/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh" "steam://run/108600"' &pzexe: relaunching through Steam client[12:14:16][blindcoder@flora:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid]$ /home/blindcoder/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variable/home/blindcoder/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variable/home/blindcoder/.local/share/Steam/steam.sh: line 161: VERSION_ID: unbound variableERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/server/libjsig.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.

I'm running on a Debian system with OpenJDK 7 64 Bit.

Ok, simple question that i expect a long and confusing answer to ;)

Once ya subscribe to a mod, are they downloaded, and if that is a yes to being downloaded, where at?

Finnaly found the location after i typed up a bunch. For other's who might wonder and not know at, i found em at

*SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\108600*

Its been ages since ive used steams workshop and had to dust that part of the brain off.

Some concerns with Steam Workshop:

> Will this kill off sites like pz-mods.net?

Considering PZ is completely Steam agnostic and can run MP and everything without Steam and mods without workshop, I don't think so. There will always be anti-steam people about. That said either way, we can't not implement an extremely popular and useful feature for fear of reducing traffic to other sites, we have to provide what the majority want and the majority want and need workshop to be able to use mods comfortably. 

Like in Skyrim, stuff like exes and dll hacks are not allowed on workshop, and likewise with ours .class related java mods will not be found in the workshop, so there are niches that other sites can cater to that workshop can't.

> What about mod stealers?

Well we're not having paid mods, so I guess it's exactly whatever the situation is with any other mods on the workshop, ideally mod stealers mods will get reported and removed, or at least downvoted and commented on and called out. All that said what's to stop mod stealers anyway? I could DL any mod I liked then post it elsewhere with my name on it, Steam Workshop or no.

> Where's the Workshop tab under Community?

It's only in IWBUMS so you need to be logged in and own PZ to see it atm. We don't want people buying the game thinking they can use that workshop content on the public version and getting pissed off.

What about mod stealers?

Depends on the license of the mod. For example my mods are under the MIT license which basically means people can do what they want with it as long as they don't remove the original license. They could even upload it to steam workshop and get money for it.

Usually though, mods will be reported or downvoted into oblivion if they weren't uploaded by the original author.

EDIT: Or what lemmy said :P

Considering PZ is completely Steam agnostic and can run MP and everything without Steam and mods without workshop, I don't think so. There will always be anti-steam people about. That said either way, we can't not implement an extremely popular and useful feature for fear of reducing traffic to other sites, we have to provide what the majority want and the majority want and need workshop to be able to use mods comfortably. 

Like in Skyrim, stuff like exes and dll hacks are not allowed on workshop, and likewise with ours .class related java mods will not be found in the workshop, so there are niches that other sites can cater to that workshop can't.

Well we're not having paid mods, so I guess it's exactly whatever the situation is with any other mods on the workshop, ideally mod stealers mods will get reported and removed, or at least downvoted and commented on and called out. All that said what's to stop mod stealers anyway? I could DL any mod I liked then post it elsewhere with my name on it, Steam Workshop or no.

It's only in IWBUMS so you need to be logged in and own PZ to see it atm. We don't want people buying the game thinking they can use that workshop content on the public version and getting pissed off.

Thanks for clarifying the Java .class understanding. Does Workshop support JAR files though?

Thanks for clarifying the Java .class understanding. Does Workshop support JAR files though?

No, workshop supports stuff that currently goes in the /mods/ directory, maps, lua, graphics, buildings, everything but the core java code files.