RELEASED: IWBUMS 32.20

EasyPickins

Uhm...so game is broken now. Does nothing but launch steam then proceed to not respond. Any way to play without STEAM since that application is useless to me?

What system are you on? Windows/Mac/Linux?  Steam needs to be running to play using the exe.

The next release will have a -nosteam command-line option that can be set in the game's Steam launch options.

The next release will have a -nosteam command-line option that can be set in the game's Steam launch options.

Thanks for caring about that issue.

Can I suggest adding an option on the launch menu? (Where Steam asks to play in 32-bit or 64-bit)

could someone maybe make a tutorial for setting up servers using this? or maybe friend me on steam and help me personally? iv been at this all day and im so lost (ive never had to do this before)

Someone's bound to create a tutorial at some point. Till then, you might be able to use a IWBUMS supporting server host like Multiplay to host the server for you

well, when you have crossover installed and double click the windows installer you can install the files into a crossover bottle, it does automatically. then you find the C: in the bottle then the project zomboid folder.

The contents inside there can be copypasted inside the mac app via show package contents>contents>java, replacing the contents.

Anyway i can't connect since 32.20.

And no, no game is worth to buy a computer (at least i never did it) hahaha

PZ works fine on OS X, Windows, and Linux. Unless you stole it, at least...

Just a general reminder to everyone that the whole point of IWBUMS is that there are still some hiccups and bugs. We appreciate everyone enjoying IWBUMS and playing it, but please keep the tone as friendly feedback rather than angry ranting when things inevitably go wrong.

Running PZ off steam with a .bat file, the game is stuck on loading... something for a good 15 to 30 seconds for no obvious reason. Anybody else getting this or is it just me? This is how it looks in the console. 15-30 second pause is my addition obviously

script: loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\items.txt----------------------15-30 Second Pause-----------------------script: loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\newitems.txtadding unknown item param "Condition" = "100"

I don't want to run the game through steam when I'm debugging stuff in my mods I need to be able to quickly turn it off and back on.

Edit: After that pause it pretty much loads everything else normally and fairly quickly.

could someone maybe make a tutorial for setting up servers using this? or maybe friend me on steam and help me personally? iv been at this all day and im so lost (ive never had to do this before)

Someone's bound to create a tutorial at some point. Till then, you might be able to use a IWBUMS supporting server host like Multiplay to host the server for you

Gah what a shame...unfortunately i dont have the money to rent servers and i just bought my 3 friends the game so we could play but none of us are keen on sharing a server with "randoms".

Running PZ off steam with a .bat file, the game is stuck on loading... something for a good 15 to 30 seconds for no obvious reason. Anybody else getting this or is it just me? This is how it looks in the console. 15-30 second pause is my addition obviously

script: loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\items.txt----------------------15-30 Second Pause-----------------------script: loading E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts\newitems.txtadding unknown item param "Condition" = "100"

I don't want to run the game through steam when I'm debugging stuff in my mods I need to be able to quickly turn it off and back on.

Edit: After that pause it pretty much loads everything else normally and fairly quickly.

The random-number generator connects to www.random.org during startup.  Sometimes the site is busy, like today.

I changed it so it won't connect to the website.

well, when you have crossover installed and double click the windows installer you can install the files into a crossover bottle, it does automatically. then you find the C: in the bottle then the project zomboid folder.

The contents inside there can be copypasted inside the mac app via show package contents>contents>java, replacing the contents.

Just a general reminder to everyone that the whole point of IWBUMS is that there are still some hiccups and bugs. We appreciate everyone enjoying IWBUMS and playing it, but please keep the tone as friendly feedback rather than angry ranting when things inevitably go wrong.

Stole, torrent... well. We're guessing all kinds of things. I have to port the installation to OSX because i had the windows install via bootcamp but i need to be in OSX all the time. Crossover is just a wrapper to play win games on OSX, no matter if "legit" or "stolen".

anyway it's ok, guess all you want.

The random-number generator connects to www.random.org during startup.  Sometimes the site is busy, like today.

I changed it so it won't connect to the website.

If you want, we can put a random number generator up on our servers? We can ensure there's enough entropy available to have a 'good' pool.

It did eventually start up but the time is now seemingly double. it also feels far less responsive in-game especially with the controller now. Plus I just really don't need Steam shoving ads down my throat. Other than that the new menu's are nice. 

Stole, torrent... well. We're guessing all kinds of things. I have to port the installation to OSX because i had the windows install via bootcamp but i need to be in OSX all the time. Crossover is just a wrapper to play win games on OSX, no matter if "legit" or "stolen".

Am I missing something here? The game is OSX compatible. If you need to be in OSX all the time, then install Steam in OSX and install PZ in OSX. I can't think of any logical reason to try to backwards-port it or do other weird compatibility things.

Using steamcmd, when I input :

app_update 380870 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword THEPASSWORD -validate

I get:

ERROR! invalid password for beta 'iwillbackupmysave'

What am I doing wrong? Password hasn't changed has it? I'm using the same one which has always been provided in the iwbums thread.

edit: solved - apparently it doesn't want to work if you actually login with your steam account, sticking with the "login anonymous" like the OP says allows it to work just fine

I'm well aware of what Crossover is; in fact, if you use it frequently you've almost certainly used wrappers that I myself contributed to. I'm a frequent contributor to Wine. But no matter where you buy PZ, you get access to all three versions; there's no reason whatsoever to need to use Crossover or Wine to play on OS X. I'm not trying to bully you or anything, I'm just trying to understand why and your reasoning doesn't make much sense.

Hi guys,
since I have patched yesterday PZ its dosent start  
i got this vor one sec, screen shoot making was very hard xD

i have inst. the latest version of Java. but it still not working, what can i do there ?

Heya bud,

Have you tried this, from the Tech FAQ:

Q. "Error: Cold not create the Java Virtual Machine" and "Error: A fatal exception has occured. Program will exit."

A. Most likely the game is unable to get enough RAM from the operating system to run the game. This is most often caused by a MineCraft install, as MineCraft uses the same launcher as ProjectZomboid.

This can be caused by incorrect environment variables interfering with the game:

In the start menu, type Edit the System Environment Variables.

See if you have a _JAVA_OPTIONS, JAVA_OPTS, or JAVA_HOME variable.

If you do, delete it (though you might want to keep a note of whatever it says).

Or by having less than 1 GB of RAM available when launching PZ. For all other instances, please create a post in Support with your specs and any messages received.

If that still doesn't work let me know and we'll work with you from there. Cheers!

I'm well aware of what Crossover is; in fact, if you use it frequently you've almost certainly used wrappers that I myself contributed to. I'm a frequent contributor to Wine. But no matter where you buy PZ, you get access to all three versions; there's no reason whatsoever to need to use Crossover or Wine to play on OS X. I'm not trying to bully you or anything, I'm just trying to understand why and your reasoning doesn't make much sense.

Hm... ok, now i am who's losing the track. long ago (2013) i bought a copy in windoze, and i need to use it in OSX, imagine any situation. i've switched to OSX from Win, or i have my copy in another computer, or i don't want to restart anytime i want to play (to change from OSX to Win and reverse). I have not to buy a copy for OSX in addition to (or instead of) the windoze one?

i just boot into bootcamp to update and copy the files into the OSX folder. Dunno if there's a more simple way to work around it. i just figured out that doing as usual with wrappers would work as it did until now.

Also i was just answering about running the game under a crossover wrapper, not its contents.

And sure i've had to use some of your wrappers (your name sounds familiar to me, maybe from the porting team)since i have lotsa windoze cd's and installers, mostly cd's because windoze cd's are way cheaper (and more common) than OSX ones. I'm OK with paying for an apple, not to pay by HAVING an apple as long as we have compatibility options.

Hm... ok, now i am who's losing the track. long ago (2013) i bought a copy in windoze, and i need to use it in OSX, imagine any situation. i've switched to OSX from Win, or i have my copy in another computer, or i don't want to restart anytime i want to play (to change from OSX to Win and reverse). I have not to buy a copy for OSX in addition to (or instead of) the windoze one?

i just boot into bootcamp to update and copy the files into the OSX folder. Dunno if there's a more simple way to work around it. i just figured out that doing as usual with wrappers would work as it did until now.

Also i was just answering about running the game under a crossover wrapper, not its contents.

And sure i've had to use some of your wrappers (your name sounds familiar to me, maybe from the porting team)since i have lotsa windoze cd's and installers, mostly cd's because windoze cd's are way cheaper (and more common) than OSX ones. I'm OK with paying for an apple, not to pay by HAVING an apple as long as we have compatibility options.

No, of course you don't have to rebuy a multiplatform game again. :)

If you've redeemed your Steam key that means you get it on all platforms it's available on.

Be it Windows, Linux or Mac.