RELEASED: IWBUMS 32.20

EasyPickins

is http://pz.archspace.org/#!   going to still populate the new servers as well?

I'm thinking about it.

It should be pretty easy for me to add support to at least show steam servers and the player lists for them but getting the additional information like server options might require me to make a feature request.

I'd probably need something like ISteamGameServer.SetKeyValue wrapped and then called from the java side to expose the server settings/etc to source server queries.

is http://pz.archspace.org/#!   going to still populate the new servers as well?

I'm thinking about it.

It should be pretty easy for me to add support to at least show steam servers and the player lists for them but getting the additional information like server options might require me to make a feature request.

I'd probably need something like ISteamGameServer.SetKeyValue wrapped and then called from the java side to expose the server settings/etc to source server queries.

well im confused about that.  I see zeeks server on the server list updated to build 32.20  i however do not see mine!

well im confused about that.  I see zeeks server on the server list updated to build 32.20  i however do not see mine!

I think his server is running in non-steam mode.

Yours is running through steam so it is not pushed to the old master server list, instead it uses steam's master servers.

It wouldn't really make sense for TIS to push steam servers to the old master server list that clients couldn't connect to (because the clients that see that list are in non-steam mode.)

I think his server is running in non-steam mode.

Yours is running through steam so it is not pushed to the old master server list, instead it uses steam's master servers.

It wouldn't really make sense for TIS to push steam servers to the old master server list that clients couldn't connect to (because the clients that see that list are in non-steam mode.)

Ah yeah that makes sense.  Thanks for the response!

So how do i launch the game non-steam enabled? Can't see Zeeks in the server list and don't seem to see any option to disable the steam integration.

Please help

Thanks

A couple options for non-Steam mode:

• Start the game from a .bat file (on Windows)
  • Edit either ProjectZomboid32.json or ProjectZomboid64.json with a text editor. Change
-Dzomboid.steam=1to-Dzomboid.steam=0

It won't help if Zeek's server isn't updated to version 32.20 though.

I tried this to attempt getting onto Death & Decay, the game will not open. ((I use Ubuntu if that makes any difference)). Will not open from the game folder, at all, or at least, not that I can SEE. When I went to restart my computer, it told me that zomboid was running, but there was no window for it anywhere.

Does anyone know the process for adding steamworks mods to standalone servers?

For example, if I put WorkshopItems=498441420 in the config then it seems to get stuck trying to download the mod from the workshop:

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamWorkshop_n_1Init

Workshop: GetItemState()=None ID=498441420
[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamWorkshop_n_1DownloadItem
Workshop: item state CheckItemState -> DownloadPending ID=498441420
Workshop: DownloadPending GetItemState()=NeedsUpdate|DownloadPending ID=498441420
Workshop: download 0/0 ID=498441420
Workshop: DownloadPending GetItemState()=NeedsUpdate|DownloadPending ID=498441420
... infinitely repeats

Does anyone know the process for adding steamworks mods to standalone servers?

For example, if I put WorkshopItems=498441420 in the config then it seems to get stuck trying to download the mod from the workshop:

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamWorkshop_n_1Init

Workshop: GetItemState()=None ID=498441420
[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamWorkshop_n_1DownloadItem
Workshop: item state CheckItemState -> DownloadPending ID=498441420
Workshop: download 0/0 ID=498441420
... infinitely repeats

Valve just changed it so our anonymous server can access the Workshop.  However, the Workshop is currently only visible to "Customers & Developers", so the server can't access workshop items at the moment.  Once this build goes public, we'll set the Workshop to "Visible to everyone" which should allow the server to install workshop items.

FYI WorshopItems=ID1;ID2;ID3 uses semicolons to list multiple items.

Can somebody please explain how to do this.. Absoulutely rediculous that me and my friends have been waiting ages for steam MP (we couldnt figure out how to host a server before) and now we still cant figure out how to host the server because this forum was built for F**king mod designers!

Can somebody please explain how to do this.. Absoulutely rediculous that me and my friends have been waiting ages for steam MP (we couldnt figure out how to host a server before) and now we still cant figure out how to host the server because this forum was built for F**king mod designers!

The first post provides detailed instructions. Ask clear questions if you have any trouble.

i installed the file to C:/PZserver or whatever. and now i dont know what to do.

There isnt clear instructions. Theres just words. THAT DONT MAKE ANY SENSE. ive just been sitting here getting frustrated at my computer trying to update. NO other game gives me this much hassle, i dont know why this one does!

Hello everyone, new to the forum and Im here to post a question. 

Im playing Pz on a Mac and after the latest update Im having difficulties getting on the server (Zeekshaven). It just remains on "contacting server".

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and no, I will not buy a new computer solemnly for playing Pz xD

Oh, another OSX user. That's cool.

How you run the game? I install the game in Crossover and then put the install files into the mac native wrapper.

Let me update the game and i'll tell.

Finally Get Steam Integration, And its not even easy to install. I dont even understand what this thread saids. Its rediculous, i dont know how to forward ports or anything like that and i shouldnt have to im not the game developer.

Just to say, don't have to be a game developer or even an IT apprentice to forward ports, and also you'll need to do it if you want to run a server. If you don't forward the needed ports the players can't connect to server. So i think you can ask for the port forwarding feature in a forum related to routers.

i installed the file to C:/PZserver or whatever. and now i dont know what to do.

There isnt clear instructions. Theres just words. THAT DONT MAKE ANY SENSE. ive just been sitting here getting frustrated at my computer trying to update. NO other game gives me this much hassle, i dont know why this one does!

You're playing in the IWBUMS branch too, right? Things will be smoother once it goes public, so maybe just wait this one out if you don't feel like digging into technical stuff?

Hello everyone, new to the forum and Im here to post a question. 

Im playing Pz on a Mac and after the latest update Im having difficulties getting on the server (Zeekshaven). It just remains on "contacting server".

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated and no, I will not buy a new computer solemnly for playing Pz xD

Oh, another OSX user. That's cool.

How you run the game? I install the game in Crossover and then put the install files into the mac native wrapper.

Let me update the game and i'll tell.

Could you explain me why you use a wrapper and Crossover? 

well, when you have crossover installed and double click the windows installer you can install the files into a crossover bottle, it does automatically. then you find the C: in the bottle then the project zomboid folder.

The contents inside there can be copypasted inside the mac app via show package contents>contents>java, replacing the contents.

Anyway i can't connect since 32.20.

And no, no game is worth to buy a computer (at least i never did it) hahaha