Movement Speed

Trojan_Turps

Today I was fighting some zombies when I realized that I was hungry. So I walk away while eating some crisps. It would be cool if when moving and eating you had a percentage chance to drop the food, especially when panicking. This could be interesting if it happened when changing weapons etc :P

Dropping stuff... how annoyingly fun could that be?

That's not "annoyingly fun", that's just plain annoying. If it does happen, make it part of the clumsy trait, because I'm pretty sure people don't randomly drop their food when eating.

How many times have you had to eat while moving and being followed by zombies? I personally think I would be paying more attention to not being eaten than eating.

If it did happen it would probably also be linked to panicking. Panicking makes you lose control. I know some people hate losing control in computer games but I find a little loss of control exciting. It's an important way of representing fear in the character when the player is chilling out at home.

Now, if we were allowed to run and eat at the same time, I'd agree with you, but this is just a nuisance.

The movement penalties in trees is not there *just* to simulate the inconvenience of the tree itself. This is a problem with tile-based isometric graphics, that there's only so much you can reasonably display in a single tile. For an individual tree, that penalty is representing getting yourself snagged on branches, the unevenness of the ground etc. For the tree "walls" it also represents the smaller bushes around the tree which need stepping through or over.

Of course, if you took any action in PZ and compared its time to the in-game ticking clock, everything would clearly be taking far too long but a certain amount of suspension of disbelief is necessary.

That said, all this stuff can be refined and improved before we hit 1.0 :) 

The movement penalties in trees is not there *just* to simulate the inconvenience of the tree itself. This is a problem with tile-based isometric graphics, that there's only so much you can reasonably display in a single tile. For an individual tree, that penalty is representing getting yourself snagged on branches, the unevenness of the ground etc. For the tree "walls" it also represents the smaller bushes around the tree which need stepping through or over.

Of course, if you took any action in PZ and compared its time to the in-game ticking clock, everything would clearly be taking far too long but a certain amount of suspension of disbelief is necessary.

That said, all this stuff can be refined and improved before we hit 1.0 :)

Thanks for the info :D