New Claustrophobic Trait

lerk

Hello, i think its not very realistic if someone who has simple claustrophobic would panic in an warehouse or normal house. I do think that is possible with our engine, so i suggest that an claustrophobic only panics if he is in an small room (maybe 2*2?) And maybe an new trait that has extreme claustrophobic whitch is it like it is now.

(

- Level 1: big rooms - like warehouses and so on (more than x square tiles) make you anxious (uncomfortable?): "Confined space makes me anxious"

- Level 2: average-sized rooms - living rooms, etc. (more than y to x square tiles) make you agitated "Walls are a little bit to close" or "Walls are closing on me a bit"

- Level 3: small-sized rooms - bedrooms, etc. (more than z to y square tiles) make you stressed "Walls are definitely closing on me!" or "Walls are way to close!"

- Level 4: tiny rooms - bathrooms, toilets, closets (from 1 to z square tiles) make you freak out "I want to get out!"

) Form Geras.

I suggested some changes quite a while ago:

So, In my new Playtrough I chose the claustrophobic trait. The Problem is that when you choose this trait you always will be panicked. Somehow thats a bit annoying because even when you are outside it takes SO long to calm down for your character. I dont know claustrophobia for myself, but the Panic should stop when you are outside immediatly and not like after 12 hours.

I've noticed that as well. I think the best solution would be to create a whole new moodle for that, which would affect you in a similar (or the same way) as panicking does. This would prevent panic moodles from being affected (nevertheless, I agree that calming down from panic state should be sped up, as you can go to sleep when extremely panicked and wake up still panicking - doesn't make sense).

Claustrophobia moodle should then, in my opinion, fade away in a matter of real time seconds after exiting a building. A good way to do balance this trait would be:

- Level 1: big rooms - like warehouses and so on (more than x square tiles) make you anxious (uncomfortable?): "Confined space makes me anxious"

- Level 2: average-sized rooms - living rooms, etc. (more than y to x square tiles) make you agitated "Walls are a little bit to close" or "Walls are closing on me a bit"

- Level 3: small-sized rooms - bedrooms, etc. (more than z to y square tiles) make you stressed "Walls are definitely closing on me!" or "Walls are way to close!"

- Level 4: tiny rooms - bathrooms, toilets, closets (from 1 to z square tiles) make you freak out "I want to get out!"

How it would work:

You enter a living room > you get Level 1, and quickly Level 2. Then you enter a 1 square tile closet > it jumps through Level 3 to Level 4, then you leave the closet to enter a warehouse > it drops through all levels all the way (quite quickly) to reach Level 1.

Most traits are all-encompassing, I believe. They're meant to be very broad and provide simple changes to the way the game would be played. Claustrophobia can range from being deathly afraid of small spaces like being inside a coffin, to generally not enjoying being indoors. That in mind, I don't think it'd be a good idea to divide and specify how badly the trait affects you.