What does the trait actually do?

Dragonbahn

Some of the traits are a bit vague but answers have been popping up :)

What does Fitness and Strength do? How do I increase them?

Strength: Increases carrying capicity. Increase by carrying more than your capacity.
Fitness: Run longer without getting exhausted. Increase by running when exhausted.

- blindcoder

Fitness - How long you can go before getting exhausted. Simply running around (while exhausted?) will eventually build it up.

Strength - How much you can carry, melee damage, knockback, knockdown. Increases while running around while overburdened. If your strength is actually too low, via the worst negative strength trait, you are unable to use sheet ropes.

- Moose65

I've heard about getting rid of Obese and Overweight by training. Is that possible?

Yes, see Strength above.

- blindcoder

Yes, but it takes a LOOONNNGGG time to do. See above about eventually working your fitness back up.

- Moose65

What does Lucky actually do?

Increases chances at various rolls. Does NOT skew the roll itself. Comparable with a RP Dex+1 vs. Dex+3 roll.

- blindcoder

What lucky does for sure - Increased repair rolls as well as increases your chances for finding rare loot. Anything else said about it is uncertain.

- Moose65

Does Outdoorsman make you immune to colds?

I think so.

- blindcoder

Yes.

- Moose65

Thick skinned has "Less chance of scratches and bites breaking the skin" but Thin skinned has "Higher chance of infection." What's up with that?

Pretty sure thin-skinned doesn't say that (could be wrong), but it does "indirectly" increase your chance for infection, since you are more likely to receive scratches/bites while in melee combat, thus increasing the chance for infection in that manner. Prone to illness is the trait that does increase the infection chance from scratches/bites (note: all uses of the word "infection" refers to the zombie infection, not a regular "infection", since prone to illness probably hasn't been updated for that since it was out before the medical system re-vamp).
- Moose65

Is Pacifist just less DMG with guns and melee weapons?

I think pacifist actually decreases the XP you get from using weapons, making it longer to become proficient in those fields. Can't tell about the damage output.

- Teesee

Strength: Increases carrying capicity. Increase by carrying more than your capacity.

Fitness: Run longer without getting exhausted. Increase by running when exhausted.

I've heard about getting rid of Obese and Overweight by training. Is that possible?

Yes, see Strength above.

Increases chances at various rolls. Does NOT skew the roll itself. Comparable with a RP Dex+1 vs. Dex+3 roll.

I think so.

Thick skinned has "Less chance of scratches and bites breaking the skin" but Thin skinned has "Higher chance of infection." What's up with that?

No idea about those two, tbh.

Fitness - How long you can go before getting exhausted. Simply running around (while exhausted?) will eventually build it up.

Strength - How much you can carry, melee damage, knockback, knockdown. Increases while running around while overburdened. If your strength is actually too low, via the worst negative strength trait, you are unable to use sheet ropes.

Yes, but it takes a LOOONNNGGG time to do. See above about eventually working your fitness back up.

What lucky does for sure - Increased repair rolls as well as increases your chances for finding rare loot. Anything else said about it is uncertain.

Yes.

Pretty sure thin-skinned doesn't say that (could be wrong), but it does "indirectly" increase your chance for infection, since you are more likely to receive scratches/bites while in melee combat, thus increasing the chance for infection in that manner. Prone to illness is the trait that does increase the infection chance from scratches/bites (note: all uses of the word "infection" refers to the zombie infection, not a regular "infection", since prone to illness probably hasn't been updated for that since it was out before the medical system re-vamp).

Honestly don't know what all it affects (if it even affects damage). A lot of the traits could use some explaining, but unless your capable of pulling apart the code, the developers at this time have chosen to leave several of the traits vague.

They should really just release a list with what every trait actually does. We have some info on the wiki but most of them are still vague. Surely it's not that hard to make a list with every trait detailed and give some % or solid numbers.

I think pacifist actually decreases the XP you get from using weapons, making it longer to become proficient in those fields. Can't tell about the damage output.

As for outdoorsman, you'll get the moodles about being wetter and wetter but won't be affected by them. No colds either.

Archived