Demolished stairs vs Sky Forts

J0hnm13

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never destroy the stairs or build sky bases, be it a legit strategy or not to me, that's just cheaply cheating around the only threat that PZ has. Just add a water barrel, some dirt and you're all set. It's boring, I still hope that some update will secretly make them all flying buildings collapse and impossible to build.

And unless NPC update will come with grappling hooks they can use, that stuff will be 100% NPC proof too.

I never destroy the stairs or build sky bases, be it a legit strategy or not to me, that's just cheaply cheating around the only threat that PZ has. Just add a water barrel, some dirt and you're all set. It's boring, I still hope that some update will secretly make them all flying buildings collapse and impossible to build.

And unless NPC update will come with grappling hooks they can use, that stuff will be 100% NPC proof too.

I would love them to add a secret nerf to sheet rope and make people stop using the sheet ropes as a ladder or *door* to their bases.

I would love them to add a secret nerf to sheet rope and make people stop using the sheet ropes as a ladder or *door* to their bases.

That would be amazingly funny to see the floating base creators be like "WTH WHY ARE MY SHEETS NOT WORKING!!!1one!!1!"

That would be amazingly funny to see the floating base creators be like "WTH WHY ARE MY SHEETS NOT WORKING!!!1one!!1!"

I would love them posting on the forums something along the lines of "The sheet rope broke and i lose my base WTF"

So much hate for avoiding zombies it seems. First priority for me is making a place zombies can not get, ever increasing the impossibility. I'll remove floor tiles, stairs, or plaster walls, live on an inaccessible rooftop, sky base. I admire the 'hardcore' approach but why not also use no weapons, treat no wounds, eat no non perishables, never boil water, stop resisting?

Getting yourself safe is where the story starts, not where it ends. Leaving this security is the risk that eventually gets you. Wanted a generator eh? Had to have gas huh? So you decided to make bread? Thought you would clear the city, ran for smokes, wanted a cupcake, forgot that spade... But I will take ever measure the game allows to extend each characters tale. My characters do not like being supporting actors, they prefer the lead.

So much hate for avoiding zombies it seems. First priority for me is making a place zombies can not get, ever increasing the impossibility. I'll remove floor tiles, stairs, or plaster walls, live on an inaccessible rooftop, sky base. I admire the 'hardcore' approach but why not also use no weapons, treat no wounds, eat no non perishables, never boil water, stop resisting?

Getting yourself safe is where the story starts, not where it ends. Leaving this security is the risk that eventually gets you. Wanted a generator eh? Had to have gas huh? So you decided to make bread? Thought you would clear the city, ran for smokes, wanted a cupcake, forgot that spade... But I will take ever measure the game allows to extend each characters tale. My characters do not like being supporting actors, they prefer the lead.

Its not a hardcore approach, is a simple exploit that should not exist.

Sure you can make a sky base, why would this doesn't have pillars and some sort of foundation so it can really exist? They are literately floating parts of wood!

So you want your story to be "So my character made floating bases in a house with no stairs and survived by months to months to end, then he got bored, he went for bread and died, IT WAS AWESOME!"

That kind of stuff should not exist, or at least be very hard to make and keep up, like i said adding pillars and some sort of stability that might decay depending on your carpentry skill.

As for houses stairs is the same thing, the sheet rope makes it possible to climb up and go down at will with no problems at all and the rope never breaking, never you getting tired of going up and down, its just bad design, it should need you to be fit or strong to carry logs in your back while climbing up a flimsy sheet and don't fall down, hell you should not be even able to climb up the rope while carrying heavy stuff.

It breaks immersion, it breaks the game, i dont care if people do it in SP, but in MP it really breaks the immersion.

All the things that you wrote have 0xp value , 0sense and 0of pretty much everything :D. Really use a bug to walk your way thru a game you payd for , next time just change values in memory and skip scavange since its just risky you know, give yourself many weapons and loads of ammo , cuz you know things are just rare and risky to get . and yady yady yada you can extend your character lifetime by a .. x amount of years yady yady yada.Its cheating and there is no way for you to excuse it.Do you think its a feature of a game?To make zombie safe floating house?Dang.

I really hope you at least do that in singleplayer not in mp.

Yeah, well, why not just get NecroForge and CheatMenu and have it the way where the only challenge is killing all zombies on the map on a timer with various cheats active?

I can understand how some people think that using an exploit is not a cheat... but it is a cheat, it might be in the game's code but it's basically like running an older game with -developer in command prompt and using console commands. It's in the game's base code so why not? Obviously the devs left it there to be used like that.

Just like a flaw in MP code (That was since fixed) made it possible to heavily cheat on any MP server with 0 effort. Yeah, that's how I should have played MP, just get a character with maxed out skills and enough stuff to last my character 10 years, after all, it;'s not cheating when the game allows it by coding\mechancs flaws.

Edit: As a disclaimer I'll add that I do love to cheat in SP games, after I beat them, so I can have some pure power fantasy fun but when it comes to using exploits\cheats and then hearing people complain stuff is too easy... I get angry. And if someone uses exploits or cheats in MP... They can go fck themselves.

The jungle floor has become infested with predators, like primates have done for millions of years we should take to the tree tops. Everyone knows predators cannot climb well.

No, if predators can not eat us I feel it isn't fair enough.

I don't only build floating bases and don't use cheats. You have destroyed me with my own method. Was only defending the position, lack all the passion you have for it.

I would like to defend sledging the stairs + using sheet ropes as a plausible thing irl and a smart way of trying to survive.

It's not "cheating zombies" when you demolish the path this way. There was no agreement with the zombies. You just do what you can to make sure they can't reach you. Isn't that the point of survival?

I will draw the line with floating bases though. I think they fall under game exploit. (Then again, I also carry up to max capacity, ignoring the back-breaking moodle. Does that fall under game exploit too?)

Edit: my opinion is for single player.

I don't know what happens in MP. Maybe players are "exploiting" sledge and sheet ropes there. Maybe that explains some of the stronger opinions in this thread.

snip

It's a video game... Once challenge disappears then it's pointless, I once died 11 months in because I simply refused to demolish the stairs. I could have built a farm on the roof, or built a cheap escape route but... that would really defeat the purpose. If I built a base and once I see 1000 zombies I want to feel like it's a last stand. Knowing that I can evade anything through cheap tactics and exploits...

Sure, IRL destroying\blocking the stairs is a good tactic but in the end, what's the point?

What's the point of just going full on The Sims? I want to feel threatened, I want to know that if I run out of shotgun shells that's over. The only reason my longest survival time was fun was because I knew that if I failed at defending my home, I was done for.

PZ is a survival game, what's the point if you can cheat yourself out of it? You could say taht once you demolish the stairs, you won. But where is the fun in that in a game where the sole purpose is to die? I'd rather die fighting then die like a coward, of boredom, in their god damned skybase.

People who remove stairs or build skybases lose all credibility when talking about PZ's difficulty.

It's a video game... Once challenge disappears then it's pointless, I once died 11 months in because I simply refused to demolish the stairs. I could have built a farm on the roof, or built a cheap escape route but... that would really defeat the purpose. If I built a base and once I see 1000 zombies I want to feel like it's a last stand. Knowing that I can evade anything through cheap tactics and exploits... Sure, IRL destroying\blocking the stairs is a good tactic but in the end, what's the point?

What's the point of just going full on The Sims? I want to feel threatened, I want to know that if I run out of shotgun shells that's over. The only reason my longest survival time was fun was because I knew that if I failed at defending my home, I was done for.

PZ is a survival game, what's the point if you can cheat yourself out of it? You could say taht once you demolish the stairs, you won. But where is the fun in that in a game where the sole purpose is to die? I'd rather die fighting then die like a coward, of boredom, in their god damned skybase.

Maybe other players' point is to build a safe haven. Just because this method bores you doesn't mean it's cheating.

People who remove stairs or build skybases lose all credibility when talking about PZ's difficulty.

No, they do not. I don't get why you won't just call yourself really good at the game. You obviously are. I have no hopes of reaching your level. This is not sarcasm. It's plain fact. But just because you're good doesn't mean you should raise the bar too high and call everyone who fall short of your standards as cheaters.

If we use that to measure a game, then what if someone even better comes along? Then he says people who farm are cheaters because it's too easy. People who use axes are cheaters because it's easy. People who steal clothes from zombies for emergency bandages are cheaters... it will never end. We have to draw a line somewhere. For me, that is: do in the game what you can do in real life.

(Again I am talking about sledging stairs. Not floating bases.)

TL;DR: I think you should just say "I don't like it because it's too easy". Easy is different from cheating.

The jungle floor has become infested with predators, like primates have done for millions of years we should take to the tree tops. Everyone knows predators cannot climb well.

No, if predators can not eat us I feel it isn't fair enough.

I don't only build floating bases and don't use cheats. You have destroyed me with my own method. Was only defending the position, lack all the passion you have for it.

Given the wild-life in North America and the fact that Bears don't suddenly repopulate the earth because some areas that had humans in them no longer have humans, predators aren't exactly a threat even in an overgrown world 2 years old.

I would like to defend sledging the stairs + using sheet ropes as a plausible thing irl and a smart way of trying to survive.

It's not "cheating zombies" when you demolish the path this way. There was no agreement with the zombies. You just do what you can to make sure they can't reach you. Isn't that the point of survival?

I will draw the line with floating bases though. I think they fall under game exploit. (Then again, I also carry up to max capacity, ignoring the back-breaking moodle. Does that fall under game exploit too?)

Edit: my opinion is for single player.

I don't know what happens in MP. Maybe players are "exploiting" sledge and sheet ropes there. Maybe that explains some of the stronger opinions in this thread.

The back breaking moodle is indeed a exploit too, not exactly a exploit but a feature that should be there but is not there yet, so when the times comes, that exploit is no longer going to work and its going some way or another, kill you in the long run, fun huh?

Like i said before and i will say it again, i dont think the devs planned people to break the stairs of houses and put sheet ropes to make a impenetrable fortress or making a floating base, its a feature that should not work like that, do you think people are going to give a crap about some guy who broke the stairs, made a base and a farm in the rooftop and survived 2 years?

Of course not, Devs have said before that they want some sort of leaderboards to see people who survived a lot of time, they want people to go in the fourms and tell their experiences of surviving 1 year and everyone be like "holy shit i want to be like that guy", most of the 1 year survival stories from people are going to be something like:

"So i gather dirt, food, a fridge a generator, seeds and tolw and some sheet rope with a sledge hammer the first week, went up to a house/office and took out the stairs, now look at my farm after 1 year! This is how i won PZ!" 

If everyone can survive like this 1 year, then it wont be impressive at all, adding a chance to the sheet rope going to break each time you climb it (even the first time) could give it some balance, since you would think twice of using a sheet rope as a ladder back to your base, what happens when you get locked out of your base? I bet people would start thinking more about how to make their bases if something like that happens.

Or floor titles getting destroyed without pillars, stuff like that, stuff that makes it balanced of features that should not exist.

just add a 50% chance of faling of ropes and fences. now imagine people triping to their deads.

ahaha AHAHAHHAAHAHHA *evil laughter*

How about adding durability to sheet ropes?

just add a 50% chance of faling of ropes and fences. now imagine people triping to their deads.

ahaha AHAHAHHAAHAHHA *evil laughter*

How about adding durability to sheet ropes?

that, and also probability to fall depending on agility skill. also players with the obese and overweight trait should have a penalty when they use ropes.

Saying people who destroy stairs have no concept of PZs difficulty is a bit harsh. People pay for the game, they can play how they want. If you feel like you have earned a cookie for how you play, well done.

Also considering this is supposed to be Romero/Brooks lore, isn't one of the first things you do supposed to be destroy the stairs. I aim to play this game as I would if it was RL.

Also what about time constraints? If someone can only play twice a week, what's wrong with them destroying stairs and taking the rope up, so they don't return to find everything missing.

Floating bases are ridiculous to me, but if people want to do it I cant stop them. Best thing to do is to find a server that prevents such builds.

These are just my views. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, just doesn't mean yours is cleaner or better than anyone elses.