HOW WILL YOU SURVIVE?

Well this is simple; post what you think will happen to you and your fellows in the end of the world.

Follow this structure or questions, if you want:

-Where are you from?

-What will you do when the outbreak start? Will you get the f*ck out of your home or what?

-How you will get food, medicine, water and other various resources?

-How long you think you will survive?

-How will you pass time?

-How will be your attitude towards other people? And towards the government? 

-What will be your hopes about the civilization?

-In the nasty case that you become infected, what will you choose: Transform or Die?

(EDIT)

-What place would you like to live in? Or raid? Or destroy? Or explore?

-In case of starting a voyage, which equment would you carry?

-Would you recruit any of your acquaintances to survive? Or "f*ck you, new life, new friends!"?

Ready? Go! Go! Go!

image.png?w=500&c=1

(EDIT)

Now, here I go:

-I hail from the suburbs of Bs As, Argentina. Pretty dawn close to the capital of the country, so insured at 100% that it will be a hot spot.

-I live with my parents, so it will get difficult to decide. Maybe I will get out and meet with them in a given place, after they go to search for my granma. Then it's probably that we all go northwest to an interior province called Córdoba; there's a community of hippies. The interior provinces have considerably less population that Bs As.

-Before getting the fuck out of the hell that it's my city, I would try to raid stores and houses. I also have supplies in my house so I would only get what I don't have.

-I'm sure that it would be difficult for me to survive by my own for long terms of time. So I'm sure that less than a month. If I survive more than that I don't know.

-Reading books, listening to music (if I can make a portable generator that works with a pedal) learn guitar and probably have private time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

-I would be cautious, one never know's. Anyone that goes with the name of government won't be welcomed.

-I will miss the internet and the comfort of electricity. By the other hand new life, new chances.

-Die

-I would love to visit anykind of store and steal ramdon things.

-Hiker bag, cage for my cat, food and water, a few books, a hatchet, if I can get my hands in cigarettes I would also bring em with me, a knife, underwear alcohol and bandages, 

-If I had enough time to find them yes.

Long island new York

-GTFO on a boat here there more plentiful then a bacon to breakfast and live out sea about a few miles off the coast

-Loot the nearby fishing areas low population fishing items

-By my age and knowledge of anything il be dead within 5 minutes

-Thow rocks at whatever moves

-Screw them unless needed

-possibly will rebuild after awhile but cant be sure

-Death im not turning

- Massachusetts, one of the shittiest states of the US. At least it's better than New Jersey.

- Hopping off on my chopper with a shotgun to a safe zone, if possible, otherwise, a low-density area where I'll build up a safehouse with a group.

- I'll loot some arses along the way, get some stuff off zeds, and scavenge.

- I plan on surviving compromises with the safe zone/safehouse, I'll probably die once I'm hunted down by bandits or the like.

- I'll kill some zeds, burn some houses, you know.

- I won't approach anyone until I scout them out, I'll probably kill some people when needed, I won't trust the goverment, but I'll keep offers of protection in mind, if it seems better than what I have.

bleep the civilization.

- Bullet to the brain.

- Aosta Valley, Italy

- I take all my equipment for mountain climbing, hunting and going to the Pavillon (2,195 m.).

- Live there eating what's left and then go looting all the nearby tourist resorts. Low population and mountaineering ice ax they will make my life easier.

- Enough to have suicidal tendencies.

- By killing zombies, picking up resources, building a greenhouse, smoking grass, reading books and, if I'm lucky, enjoying the company of women.

- I'd be friendly yet unforgiving if circumstances require.. What government?

- That my civilization survives.

- Jump from Pavillon with wingsuit.

-Germany South West

-Take my family drive to my garden take all tools (we have EVERYTHING) then rob with an airrifle some supermarkets for food and then drive to Russia offroad if highways are full(We have an SUV) In russia you find firearm more common then in europa,

and population is in russia not very high. So shooting is pretty save. After getting firearm and ammo we get to siberia every 100 kilometers there lives about ten humans. (Im self half russian)

-Tools and supplys i desciped already.

-If getting to siberia its more likely to get killed by an bear then an zombie. Or the cold.

-Building an house and setting up an garden and hunting will entertain me.

-Not very friendly, if someone want to rob me i fucking kill em.

Goverment will be in his fucking bunkers

-Dont care. Building my own little town.

-Die i think.

-Siberia, raid on my way to russia. Destory? What?

-If patrolling, an axe and an makarov with two magazines.

-In germany i fuck on others, if im at russia i will need some new friends.

Firstly gather the family together especially the wife and kid. Second is to get to Arundel castle which is just down the road from me. As you can see from the wikipedia pic I linked to, I think one would be fairly safe from zombies in that castle. Once organised, with some food being grown on the grounds and some scavenging parties to gather food and resources I think it would be fairly easy to last out a zombie apocalypse in that place. I would probably be very anal about health and safety and not letting zombies in by mistake and would therefore be liable to shoot first and deal with consequences later. I'm guessing that national governments would quickly fall by the wayside but local groups would probably spring up so you would get lots of little survivor enclaves that once in communication with each other eventually amalgamate to form new states, so I'd probably say goodbye to current governments and hello new world order.

-Canada

-I'd just wait in my house until we make a vaccine. We cured ebola, right?

-We're in Canada. I'd just ask.

-Like two days, tops.

-Video games, if we get a generator.

-We're Canadians, so I wouldn't feel unsafe near them.

-A safe haven.

-Die. I'd like to see what's on the other side.

-I'd just barricade my house.

-An axe, and some MRE's.

-Hell yeah. I'm a weak programmer, I wouldn't survive on my own.

• 2 weeks later...

London-England

im probably screwed sine im in the capital if it reaches here but id get some supplies and friends and haul ass to my home country Algeria, i got family there and if the out break reaches the chances are there will be ALOT of safezones in the desert (its mostly desert btw) its also hot and arid so corpses rot fast.

And alot of truaeg (desert nomads/ residents) settlements if need be to escape the north into the desert.) (there are also military/ police check points everywhere and huge houses for looting and safehouses.

-Canada
-Like two days, tops.
-A safe haven.
-An axe, and some MRE's.

im worse off you can get guns in England no guns plus im 13 you have a chance.

I live south of Louisville which is near west point so ill just go to westpoint and live project zomboid

this game will be very educational for you then

A great discussion from a year ago, I detailed my survival thoughts on page 2

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9370-if-and-when-what-would-be-your-plan/?p=123885

Seems that the forums are already full of all interesting things...

LET'S DO SHIT POSTING!!!

Just joking xD

London-England

im probably screwed sine im in the capital if it reaches here but id get some supplies and friends and haul ass to my home country Algeria, i got family there and if the out break reaches the chances are there will be ALOT of safezones in the desert (its mostly desert btw) its also hot and arid so corpses rot fast.

And alot of truaeg (desert nomads/ residents) settlements if need be to escape the north into the desert.) (there are also military/ police check points everywhere and huge houses for looting and safehouses.

-Canada

-Like two days, tops.

-A safe haven.

-An axe, and some MRE's.

im worse off you can get guns in England no guns plus im 13 you have a chance.

I live south of Louisville which is near west point so ill just go to westpoint and live project zomboid

this game will be very educational for you then

England? So 28 days after-y  :lol:

Where are you from?

PA

-What will you do when the outbreak start? Will you get the f*ck out of your home or what?

Die

Eat other people cause I am a zombie

maybe like a few hours

-How will you pass time?

Eat people

Tasty

That i can eat them easily

-In the nasty case that you become infected, what will you choose: Transform or Die?

bout to kill myself, wimp out

(EDIT)

With the horde

nothing

-Would you recruit any of your acquaintances to survive? Or "f*ck you, new life, new friends!"?

Infect them

-Where are you from?

North Texas

I live out in the country with like 3 neighbors, but I'm about 10 minutes of driving or 30 minutes of biking away from 2-3 towns, so I'd say I'm pretty secure in where I am

I'd probably start growing grapes and peppers like nobody's business.  My neighbor's a cattle rancher and he's friends with my dad so I bet we could strike up a bargain.  Maybe get some help from the neighbors to guard the cattle from Coyotes and raiders too.  Come to think of it, I'd probably visit all of the people near me and ask them to help me set up a quarantine zone so we could start a community and help each other out.  Medicine would be tough, but we can grow a few.  Using fermented grapes to create basic alcohol would give us disinfectant, but antibiotics would be scarce.  There's lots of natural resources out where I am, like limestone and timber, and there's scrap nearby too.  I already have some gear if we did need to pack up and leave, but it'd probably be best to stay. 

I'd say we have a pretty good chance of getting a new community going actually, but disease could claim me, or if a horde sweeps through before we get our walls up, so if I lived about 5 more years I'd probably end up living for a lot longer

-How will you pass time?

Cards, fortification, regular patrolling, pets (almost everyone here has dogs that can breed), community events, crafting equipment we need, LEARNING to craft equipment we need, books, basketball (I have a goal and a pump)

I'd probably want as many alliances as possible, but I wouldn't trust groups of more than 10-11 coming into our community, but it'd hopefully be the group's decision.  If the government is actually capable of doing anything at that point, then I'd say we just need to hold out til they arrive.

Urban areas are gone, disease always spreads quick when people cluster together.  Everyone's dead or run away.  Looters would obviously come through, maybe including our group, but nobody should stay in the hot zone.  Rural areas have a good chance, so long as they can feed and water themselves and drive away the undead.  I myself would hope that the remnants of our area could form a new base until we're rescued by the military, or worse case, restart humanity in our area.

I would fight the disease off with my strength of will   8-)

But if that doesn't work I'd probably want to be killed in my sleep, or maybe donate my zombie body to experiments so we can hopefully cure others.

Like I said, where I am is where I'd stay.  Nearby towns would be useful for looting but I wouldn't want to attack any other communities.  No use risking lives when we don't need to.  Exploration is kinda dangerous, and destruction is kinda useless, so no to both of those.

That'd be an entire other article  ^_^  Seriously I have a list but I don't feel like typing it out.  Just trust that I'm prepared, scout's honor

Make friends with neighbors, hope for the best with friends who don't live by me

-Where are you from?

• Initially, Pittsburgh, PA. But I currenlty live in a town about 40 mins from there.

• If it started within the next year, I'd stay put.
  • If it started 2 or more years from now I'd probably head to an island near Seattle, since that's where I'm hoping to be at that time :P

• Water would be relatively easy in both places, provided I can reach it.
  • Food would be much easier in my area in PA, in Seattle it may be a little harder to come by, not sure :)
  • Other resources I'll probably have to loot or go without, depending on how important they were.

• I'd like to think I'd survive for at least a couple of years. Unless it's like PZ, in that case I'll accidentally jump over a railing to my death within minutes.

-How will you pass time?

• Drawing and reading would probably take up most of my time. I doubt I'd be able to find a way to play video games.

• I'd be a very apprehensive about other people. They'd scare me a hell of a lot more than zombies.
  • For the government, it depends. It's still made up of people, who might be just as desperate as everyone else.

• Humans retain their humanity.

• I'd sooner die than risk spreading the disease to someone else. I would want solid proof I was going to die first.

• Live- I would like to live in an apartment building, near the top.
  • Raid- A candy store :P because I love gummy bears.
  • Destroy- My high school.
  • Explore- The rest of North and South America.

• A lifestraw, if I can get my hands on one.
  • My big 2 liter water bottle.
  • A firstaid kit, and my old lifeguard book because I tend to forget things.
  • Hand sanitizer.
  • My pocket survival guide.
  • Sugar packets or some type of hard candy.
  • Food, preferably protein bars.
  • A swiss army knife.
  • An aluminum baseball bat.
  • A handgun with some bullets, not for the zombies.
  • A garbage bag.
  • A jacket.
  • Steel and flint.
  • A volleyball.

• I'd definitely want to be with my family. They'd probably need me too... I cook and handle most of the chores :-(

• 1 month later...

Archived