Tiles not loading in MP

Toxik

Me and my friends set up a multiplayer game through hamachi (portforwarding is just too hard) and it started off good, however later on when we decided to go to cortman medical to scavenge for supplies one of my friends couldn't go there. The tiles/cells weren't loading for him. It was the first time its happening to him. Everything is normal when he plays single player, but when he joins multiplayer and starts walking in one direction, the map will just not load.

Does anybody know a possible fix for this issue. I know its nothing to do with the server as its just him that experiences it. He told me he uses mobile internet 4G to play online (tethering).

Will the upcoming steam integration help out a bit? Will it work on the base of creating of lobbys for others to join? We play forest together and everything works fine, his ping is 60-70 so its not that bad.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I'm running the server on my computer while my brother connects from out of town. His works fine, but mine doesn't load chunks of the map. It makes play impossible on MP for me, because zombies can corner you in an unloaded part of the map. Or sometimes, when it finally does load, there are a bunch of zombies that are suddenly right next to you. Any help would be appriciated!

Hi everyone,

Same problem as well here... Server is running without an error message but everytime i connect in it only loads a chunck, leaving me trapped in it with black borders all around..When i, then, try to quit the game freezes and when tryin to reconnect i get stuck with a message that sounds like a timeout on the server log.....

Really annoying situation i already met in the IWBUMS branch, forcing me to back to stable release..I didn't mention it because i thought waitin the next stable but the problem still stays, leaving me with impossibility to play MP... :cry:

Anyone here pleaaaaase hear the caaaaaaaaaaaall!