Big Watercontainer

lerk

Hello, this is an little suggestion,

I suggest that somewhere are standing big (white) watercontainers (dont can post photos an my phone :( ) I habe three of them in my garden for watering plants.

I maybe post later an photo of these big white open plastic metalframed container.

EDIT:Maybe make smaller ones moveable if they empty

The fish tanks are nice, but I think he means something along the lines of this 2500 gallon water tank.

2500-gallon-well-water-storage-tank.jpg

Which would be cool to have, but impractical to build without an actual fabrication plant.

Jeah, i mean that. Having raincollector without need first to be at carpentry lvl whatever.

I think it would be cool to see something like that sprinkled around the map (on some farms, rail yard, etc) but would otherwise be unbuildable due to it's very real need of production facilities.  Although, you could actually make a "backyard built" one, but it would still require things like prefabricated sheets of plastic to weld, etc.

I +1 the idea in general, implementation I'm not sure of though.

Whew, that'll take a lot of bags to seal something that big, but completely agree that we need large catchment tanks. An old idea I had was to require building it next to a house and it acts like it collects from the roof, speeding up water collection.

You could seal something like that with Silicone caulk and rivets

Indeed... I have always wondered why we need garbage bags to make a rain water collector when you can easily seal the barrel using silicone glue (and that is around since the earlier 80' if I recall right).

You also can make a water cistern using bricks, cement and some ceramic bits and pieces. Just more than with carpentry but a lot more durable and since the devs want us to boil the water anyway (because rain water is dirty... go figures) you gain more on the longrun using self-made cement cisterns that can hold a huge amount of water.

What about using a bath?  Doesn't seem to have any other use at present... but maybe right clicking whilst having screwdriver/hammer in inventory would allow you to un-secure from the floor and carry (like a corpse).  Take it outside, place, and wait for the rain to fall.  Not sure how many bottles of water would take to fill/empty a bath but its got to be a lot right?

What about using a bath? Doesn't seem to have any other use at present... but maybe right clicking whilst having screwdriver/hammer in inventory would allow you to un-secure from the floor and carry (like a corpse). Take it outside, place, and wait for the rain to fall. Not sure how many bottles of water would take to fill/empty a bath but its got to be a lot right?

Bath tubs could in theory be used but it would take you hours to pull out a tub with ideal tools. They are usually glued in if they are fiberglass and if they are cast iron they weight hundreds of lbs. A simple garbage can that had been properly cleaned would be easier

What about using a bath? Doesn't seem to have any other use at present... but maybe right clicking whilst having screwdriver/hammer in inventory would allow you to un-secure from the floor and carry (like a corpse). Take it outside, place, and wait for the rain to fall. Not sure how many bottles of water would take to fill/empty a bath but its got to be a lot right?

Bath tubs could in theory be used but it would take you hours to pull out a tub with ideal tools. They are usually glued in if they are fiberglass and if they are cast iron they weight hundreds of lbs. A simple garbage can that had been properly cleaned would be easier

very true but having a way to move the tub and then use it would still be nice.

The map has a few wells. I think it's enough. Wouldn't want to cut too many corners gameplay wise.

Rain barrels is one of the few reasons to even level up carpentry.

And I mean, is the game really short on water, now that you have ability to use the river?

well for towns not near the river, yes it is. rain barrels are needed as early as possibly early on if not in west point. so a few extra water sources would be nice.

The map has a few wells. I think it's enough. Wouldn't want to cut too many corners gameplay wise.

Rain barrels is one of the few reasons to even level up carpentry.

And I mean, is the game really short on water, now that you have ability to use the river?

well for towns not near the river, yes it is. rain barrels are needed as early as possibly early on if not in west point. so a few extra water sources would be nice.

The problem is that the game world is a recreation of the Knox county. I could be wrong, but the major source of water in the region is either the Ohio river (westpoint), small lakes to the east of muldraugh (past the railyard) in the middle of the forests, one quite large lake along the road to westpoint and some small rivers on the way to westpoint also. All that info can be see in the Google map of the region...

I dont know exactly how Muldraugh is supplied with water in RL, but I suspect that pumping stations in the ohio river supply the city with water.

As you can see, the devs (and players) have very limited options towards water sources in the region outside westpoint...