Share your "Hydocraft" Safehouse!

Hydromancerx

i dont think people that use mods like that one have much to brag about.

I don't know I thought this one was quite impressive ...

I'm still repairing/replacing the missing chunks of my base, but thanks to the latest upgrade - and emptying several warehouses and storage yards of paint - this is how my safe house looks now:

2wn08r4.jpg

25ho1n9.jpg

I've got a smelter, kiln and anvil set up on the lower level (the chemistry lab is in one of the house bedrooms). I'm intending to set lots of rooms up as living accommodation, either single or family, but I'm waiting to build furniture until the Turbo build that lets us do things like rip up carpets from houses and steal windows comes in. I've rebuild the library and started stockpiling those medical supplies I hadn't already looted to replace what I lost, and I've cleared half of Murtaugh of dog whistles, plaster, paint, clay and a few other bits and pieces. I need to finish replacing bits of missing roof and storage crates, and build lots and lots of shelves, bookcases and the like - and find more pillows and sheets to make mattresses from - but I think this is the most elaborate base I've built so far in PZ.

Also NoMiS's base is rather impressive too,

I would agree that base game is a lot more limited in the available materials. But I would not say its its more valuable. With this mod even the EBO Mod just gives the player more freedom to create. I cannot wait to see the type of bases the future vanilla game will allow when you can take carpet and other objects and move them.

Vanilla and modded are just apples and oranges when it comes to base building. With mods there is a lot more to do and build even if material availability is higher than the base game. Having the ability to make new stuff and find new stuff also means you can make your base look even cooler. Easier, maybe but possibly more fun too.

I would agree that base game is a lot more limited in the available materials. But I would not say its its more valuable. With this mod even the EBO Mod just gives the player more freedom to create. I cannot wait to see the type of bases the future vanilla game will allow when you can take carpet and other objects and move them.

Vanilla and modded are just apples and oranges when it comes to base building. With mods there is a lot more to do and build even if material availability is higher than the base game. Having the ability to make new stuff and find new stuff also means you can make your base look even cooler. Easier, maybe but possibly more fun too.

i agree with the more fun and more cooler part

what i mean is that they have edge over people with no mods, a base made in survival with no mods have more value than these ones

I find it worrying that you assign value to the effort people put into playing a game based on whether they're playing according to how you feel they should have fun.

what i mean is that they have edge over people with no mods, a base made in survival with no mods have more value than these ones

I find it worrying that you assign value to the effort people put into playing a game based on whether they're playing according to how you feel they should have fun.

im not talking about fun, but dificulty

I have seen many base game safe houses but only a few safe houses with the Hydrocraft mod.

Please show off your awesome bases that use the Hydrocraft mod!

newdawnforestbase_zpsklsrmbx4.jpg

Here is one I never got to finish on the New Dawn server.

Do you have a bigger picture, b y any chance? I like how ambitious that base build is, although big rooms make me nervous for some reason ;) Did you lose the base to a server reset or something? I'd love to have seen what it looked like plastered and painted...

You've chosen an entirely arbitrary measure and declared that people's efforts are worth less because of it. You're imposing a moral judgement on other people's entertainment. That's definitely talking about fun. You have no idea of the difficulty settings I used when making my base - how I'd set the zombie settings, how I'd set the availability of food, what the climate settings were, how productive farming was. You've simply looked and declared I'm playing the game wrong.

I have always been afraid to try Hydro craft but our own fear and insecurity shouldn't be used as a way to devalue the work of others. Nice base man, good job New Dawn is a fun server.

If you're interested, I'd recommend NoMIS' season four playthrough as a great way to see what sort of things the Hydrocraft mod includes - that's how I got introduced to the mod, and while it was a bit overwhelming initially, now I get frustrated at far I have to go to get the new stuff with each update ;)

I have seen many base game safe houses but only a few safe houses with the Hydrocraft mod.

Do you have a bigger picture, b y any chance? I like how ambitious that base build is, although big rooms make me nervous for some reason ;) Did you lose the base to a server reset or something? I'd love to have seen what it looked like plastered and painted...

You've chosen an entirely arbitrary measure and declared that people's efforts are worth less because of it. You're imposing a moral judgement on other people's entertainment. That's definitely talking about fun. You have no idea of the difficulty settings I used when making my base - how I'd set the zombie settings, how I'd set the availability of food, what the climate settings were, how productive farming was. You've simply looked and declared I'm playing the game wrong.

yawn...

when two people play with the same settings, the one with the mods haves an advantage over the people with no mods.

yawn...

when two people play with the same settings, the one with the mods haves an advantage over the people with no mods.

So? And, more relevantly, how exactly does this have a bearing onto you walking into a thread set up for people to talk about things they're proud of having done with a mod, solely to point out to them that they suck for playing with mods?

yawn...

So? And, more relevantly, how exactly does this have a bearing onto you walking into a thread set up for people to talk about things they're proud of having done with a mod, solely to point out to them that they suck for playing with mods?

you are the one saying that they suck, but as the op said its all about having fun or playing a more complex game. i wasnt even going to post here more since the op had already enlightned me, so go cry to someone else.

problem starts when you think unmoded regular settings project zomboid is hard then try to toss an elitist stance towards it. As if holding down the shift key is any sort of challenge. Stop threadpooping it is a bad practice and everyone will hate you for it.

nah, i didnt said any lie.

I fail to see how having more content means an easier game.

By your logic, every new item the developers add makes it less difficult.

it dependes of the content of course

I fail to see how having more content means an easier game.

By your logic, every new item the developers add makes it less difficult.

All Hydrocraft does is add thousands of balanced items. It's like saying I have a worse lego collection because I have hundreds more of free bricks, and that everything I build with it has lesser value than somebody who has the same base lego collection but without the free content, because it's easier for me to build due to a wider selection of parts.

Sadly no. I may some day recreate it in single player or something. But it was lost when the server was wiped a few weeks ago.

All Hydrocraft does is add thousands of balanced items. It's like saying I have a worse lego collection because I have hundreds more of free bricks, and that everything I build with it has lesser value than somebody who has the same base lego collection but without the free content, because it's easier for me to build due to a wider selection of parts.

I am first to say that not all items are balanced, but I try to make it as balanced as I can. Hydrocraft has a wide spectrum of items from the OP few to the useless many. And then everything in between. However the secret to many of the weapons is that they have the same stats as base game items. Which is why much of the mod seems balanced.

Here's my base. It's on a private server me and my friends play on from time to time. Apart from hydrocraft the base is built with Extended Building Options mod.

Here's the inner yard's blacksmith area, near it is a little building I've built. It's either gonna be a storage or a workshop:

cOVLhh4.jpg

Farm area in the second walled of part in the back of the main building. We're planning to build small player houses there later and possibly a plant farm:

pf2SnyD.jpg

And last is the rooftop view of all the base together so far:

tchN4OY.jpg

So far the base has held off 2 helicopter event hordes with only 10% of the walls broken. They were replaced later with level 10 carpentry, so we are pretty safe so far. Once we're done with the HQ base we're planning to move on to West Point, New Denver, Drayton, Bedford Falls and make a few rest stops there so we can easily make trips to those from our main base.