Lower 'Skill points"

Legion

aae8ba96c0.jpg

The picture above says it all.

I have been surviving a pretty long time and not to mention, how long it took me to build a base that is highly secure on the woods. So upon surviving, I managed to get 96 available skill points which is too much for me as I haven't level'd up my missing skills yet. When I killed zombies in the town or at the center of a town, I noticed that the "Next skill point" bar  was filling really fast when I hit zombies with my blunt weapons. Weapons like Stone Hammer, Golf Club, Pool Cue, etc. are a massive skill point farming machine's which are easy to farm and gain skill points.

To my point of the suggestion: I honestly think, increasing the EXP for the next skill point should be done. I played the mode 'Survival' and I wasted my 5 days of playtime to level up my primary skills and thus the "Skill point available" are too much to be spent with.

Oh, and my survivor survived about 1 year 6 months 2 days 1 hour. (Which I am ready to play the pre-made setting "8 Months after the Apocalypse" on Sandbox)

I'm sure its been said before but they should just get rid of them and have it automatically level up when you get enough points :)

It would also feel more natural that way.

I completely agree with you. As much fun as it might be, I don't enjoy the idea of being able to level up my cooking skill after beating a zombie's head in.

On that note, Carpentry is highly, and I mean highly overpowered in terms of giving skill points. Sawing logs into planks is an insanely easy and ungodly fast way of gaining XP, and with how many trees there are out there, you'll hardly ever run out.

My own character is a Carpenter, and I swear that most of my Skills and points have come from doing just that.

As usual, just because something doesn't currently work as intended or needs some attention doesn't mean it must then be removed.

Thanks for the suggestion, Legion.

Removed? No! Not at all! I don't think anyone wants Skill Points or Skills in general to be removed.

I think what he suggested was for their value and use to be altered in a minor way, so as to make achieving them more challenging.