Nice stuff from H1Z1 about zombies.

Adamiks

Sorry, by saying for the kicks, I meant for fun. I wouldn't kick anyone for KOS, as I said, people can play the game however they like. It was just my opinion, sorry for going off topic, I meant no offense. I don't have a problem with player killing as it is part of PvP.

To go back to topic, the idea of infected survivors being targeted less is an interesting idea, an infected survivor can sneak into the heavily populated areas and search for the loot, or can be the member delegated to carrying the generator back as the others cover. Would provide interesting new strategies to employ.

Sorry, by saying for the kicks, I meant for fun. I wouldn't kick anyone for KOS, as I said, people can play the game however they like. It was just my opinion, sorry for going off topic, I meant no offense. I don't have a problem with player killing as it is part of PvP.

To go back to topic, the idea of infected survivors being targeted less is an interesting idea, an infected survivor can sneak into the heavily populated areas and search for the loot, or can be the member delegated to carrying the generator back as the others cover. Would provide interesting new strategies to employ.

It wont fit any lore and really if we had that mechanic, i would get infected just cause, then go with a shotgun bringing hordes of zombies to players.

Also zombies kill to eat, not infect, they cant tell the difference between a infected human or not, they just want to eat that human, if he dies, oh well the flesh is still fresh.

The infection don't make you slowly become undead, it just fucks you up so bad that your body simply can not kill it with fever, so you kinda die of a very very high fever and the reanimation takes place, it would be like saying that someone with cancer wont be targeted by the zombie since his life sings are too weak, it just doesn't work that way in my opinion. 

But how they can smell that infected meat is actually a good meat? How someone can smell meat that is under your skin? Btw. i think this should work more like "hidden" (or how it was called) trait that makes you not eye-catching for zombies. And i have a new idea - posibility to cover character with zombies blood so most of the zombies would most likely don't attack you, but because it's blood there is a (high?) chance for infection, so this would make this mechanic for top situations only. It's pretty realistic and fits in the lore though, maybe there even could be a new skill for this like "acting", when higher then you can simulate being a zombie better, this really would help in surviving and isn't anything "unrealistic" in PZ lore. If zombies don't have anything what humans don't have then being covered in zombie smell and walking like a zombie should be enough.

But how they can smell that infected meat is actually a good meat? How someone can smell meat that is under your skin? Btw. i think this should work more like "hidden" (or how it was called) trait that makes you not eye-catching for zombies. And i have a new idea - posibility to cover character with zombies blood so most of the zombies would most likely don't attack you, but because it's blood there is a (high?) chance for infection, so this would make this mechanic for top situations only. It's pretty realistic and fits in the lore though, maybe there even could be a new skill for this like "acting", when higher then you can simulate being a zombie better, this really would help in surviving and isn't anything "unrealistic" in PZ lore. If zombies don't have anything what humans don't have then being covered in zombie smell and walking like a zombie should be enough.

I thought this was a confirmed "No" O__O

The infection don't make you slowly become undead, it just fucks you up so bad that your body simply can not kill it with fever, so you kinda die of a very very high fever and the reanimation takes place, it would be like saying that someone with cancer wont be targeted by the zombie since his life sings are too weak, it just doesn't work that way in my opinion. 

Tell that to Brad Pitt

World War Z - The movie, Based on the comic... only by name and not the story (kinda) O__O

"I thought this was a confirmed "No" O__O"

Then PZ don't have any lore in my opinion. "Zombies want eat, they can smell you, but no, we will not implement this system, because now zombies can know that you're human, end of story motherfucker".

For me PZ should have kind of lore and they should stick to it, now PZ don't have any lore and just add what sound right, i really don't like it...

"I thought this was a confirmed "No" O__O"

Then PZ don't have any lore in my opinion. "Zombies want eat, they can smell you, but no, we will not implement this system, because now zombies can know that you're human, end of story motherfucker".

For me PZ should have kind of lore and they should stick to it, now PZ don't have any lore and just add what sound right, i really don't like it...

PZ is mixed with the lore of Romero/Brooks movie/books and some stuff we might hear on TV and Radio, so yeah it does have its lore.

Wait for the TV and Radio update and survive the first weeks to get all lore related stuff, and yes Asapargus is right, this is confirmed a big NO, the devs just simply don't want that stuff in the game, maybe that is when they add their own lore and say something that makes the zombie know a human covering itself in guts.

So overall, this suggestion is kinda a no go because its some sort of camo, it wont add much to game anyway since you would die after 1 or 2 days after begin infected, so you cant really do shit and it would go against the whole "This is how you died" theme.

then perhaps PZ is not the game for you.

but zombie camo is a stupid idea in the first place, which is probably why they said NO to it.

smearing blood and/or guts on you to "blend in"? no, not the best survival idea

Why? How you would get infected with guts for example on your foot? The answer is - you wouldn't, only crazy people would put guts on their face/wounds. To be honest in real life there would be almost non chance to get infected from this if you're in clothing and you not put it on your face.

" it wont add much to game anyway since you would die after 1 or 2 days after begin infected, so you cant really do shit and it would go against the whole "This is how you died" theme."

This is why i suggested that there should be like 50/50 or more chance to get infected. For me this would be really nice and realistic addition. If zombies would trap you in the house would you just sit there and die? Of course not, you would try something like using The Walking Dead "knowledge", but you can get infected from this so this mechanic would be for desperate situations only. I don't think there would be much work to code it also. Devs are great but i just feel that they don't really look at the suggestion forum.. Like i didn't see devs replying much and when they do they don't explain why they're on no but maybe i just don't paid attention.

then perhaps PZ is not the game for you.

but zombie camo is a stupid idea in the first place, which is probably why they said NO to it.

smearing blood and/or guts on you to "blend in"? no, not the best survival idea

Why? How you would get infected with guts for example on your foot? The answer is - you wouldn't, only crazy people would put guts on their face/wounds. To be honest in real life there would be almost non chance to get infected from this if you're in clothing and you not put it on your face.

" it wont add much to game anyway since you would die after 1 or 2 days after begin infected, so you cant really do shit and it would go against the whole "This is how you died" theme."

This is why i suggested that there should be like 50/50 or more chance to get infected. For me this would be really nice and realistic addition. If zombies would trap you in the house would you just sit there and die? Of course not, you would try something like using The Walking Dead "knowledge", but you can get infected from this so this mechanic would be for desperate situations only. I don't think there would be much work to code it also. Devs are great but i just feel that they don't really look at the suggestion forum.. Like i didn't see devs replying much and when they do they don't explain why they're on no but maybe i just don't paid attention.

Well i think i read that some modderators give the highlights to the devs when it comes to good suggestions and then the devs consider it or some might read them sometimes.

If zombies trap me in a house, then it means i am trapped with no one inside and i can make a sheet rope and leave the other way, there is a lot of ways to escape a house.

Also we are talking about a feature of begin infected, begin infected means you are so god damn fuck that you might as well die in the spot, but no, you can still try to redeem yourself going on a zombie killing spree while you have a fever so high that you can boil water on your body.

The only feature that should exist when infected is that you are going to die and you are going to suffer though it, why would begin infected give you benefits? That doesnt make any sense what so ever.

As for the camo zombie thing, again do you really think the players would use it as a last resort kind of deal? Hell no, if that was in i would be smeared in zombie guts all god damn day carrying logs back to base and having guts in my inventory if you ever run out of it, and even if there is a 50/50 chance of infection, i would cry "UNREALISTIC" like you said because i am cover in that stuff and i wont smear it in my wounds.

If the devs have it as a big no in the suggestions, it must be because of some reason, like i said, maybe the zombies in their lore have some sort of system that lets them know when someone is faking begin a infected and they go after him, after all they said they will add some of their own lore to the already existing Brooks/Romero lore.

"If zombies trap me in a house, then it means i am trapped with no one inside and i can make a sheet rope and leave the other way, there is a lot of ways to escape a house."

Yeah, try to use sheet rope where zombies are under your windows also and what is really helpful - you don't see them, because game is working like that...

"Also we are talking about a feature of begin infected, begin infected means you are so god damn fuck that you might as well die in the spot, but no, you can still try to redeem yourself going on a zombie killing spree while you have a fever so high that you can boil water on your body."

This is why i said that player should also have big "-" effects when being infected to not be killing machine but i'm really sure that you're not reading my posts at all... 

"As for the camo zombie thing, again do you really think the players would use it as a last resort kind of deal? Hell no, if that was in i would be smeared in zombie guts all god damn day carrying logs back to base and having guts in my inventory"

This sentece is pointless. I actually said that there should be 50/50 you also said that....

"and even if there is a 50/50 chance of infection, i would cry "UNREALISTIC" like you said because i am cover in that stuff and i wont smear it in my wounds."

I don't understand what you mean... If you mean that character should cry when he is covered in guts, then you really don't have any idea how world would like in zombie apocalypse scenario... Every fucking zombie killed would leave you covered in blood, so going your logic player should cry every time he kills a zombie? Nice... I think that at this point you just say most ridiculous things to "win" this discussion or i just didn't get your real point here...

"maybe the zombies in their lore have some sort of system that lets them know when someone is faking begin a infected and they go after him, after all they said they will add some of their own lore to the already existing Brooks/Romero lore."

If they can attack infected just for meat how they would know that guy who smells like a corpse is fresh meat? It's unlogical. If devs will create lore based about these kind of things then this will be really unlogic lore in my opinion... I feel that this should be better if there would be no lore at all, because when there is lore they still don't accept some things even if they would fit in the lore (covering in guts).

Adamiks, I mean this in the nicest way possible... I think you have your blinkers on to any constructive criticism towards your idea(s). From reading through the thread, I get the idea that you are passionate about your proposed concepts, but there's also plenty of critique from experienced forum posters that have already seen these types of threads come and go previously in the past.

Rather than defiantly defend your ideas, take a moment to see where these guys are coming from, and you might have a slightly different perspective.

Generally, in the past, ideas and concepts ripped from a single other source are often frowned upon without some sort of adaptation to the existing PZ universe (including the Romero/Brooks lore, already in place).

After all, TIS don't want to end up with a reputation for being those guys that made the Isometric Walking Dead, or Top-Down Left For Dead. PZ is already brimming with original content that has been derived and adapted from pop-culture sources, and to many is already well on its way to becoming something of it's own uniqueness in the Post-apocalyptic survival genre.

Adamiks, I mean this in the nicest way possible... I think you have your blinkers on to any constructive criticism towards your idea(s). From reading through the thread, I get the idea that you are passionate about your proposed concepts, but there's also plenty of critique from experienced forum posters that have already seen these types of threads come and go previously in the past.

Rather than defiantly defend your ideas, take a moment to see where these guys are coming from, and you might have a slightly different perspective.

Generally, in the past, ideas and concepts ripped from a single other source are often frowned upon without some sort of adaptation to the existing PZ universe (including the Romero/Brooks lore, already in place).

After all, TIS don't want to end up with a reputation for being those guys that made the Isometric Walking Dead, or Top-Down Left For Dead. PZ is already brimming with original content that has been derived and adapted from pop-culture sources, and to many is already well on its way to becoming something of it's own uniqueness in the Post-apocalyptic survival genre.

I'm ok that they don't agree but for god sake, i say "there should be minuses", Taco say "people should die not be killing machines", i say "there should chance to get infected", Taco say "i would chop down trees with guts in the inventory, and even if 50/50 would work, i would cry". This is why i'm still complaining - not because they don't like it, but because i write something and people just don't care about 50% of my post and they just saying that same things over and over. At least i feel like that.

I also said that "footsteps" are bad idea and i said that "infected = can walk in horde" will probably not be accepted, so what you want from me? I don't accept constructive criticsm because i try to use arguments?.... I get a littler hostile on "KOS" part, not because people didn't liked my suggestion, but because i had bad journey in games with KOS mechanics... They litterally was kicking you for mistake not KOS in Gmod... If someone would add it the game like DayZ this would the end of the world.

I understand that devs don't want to make antoher TWD, but "wearing guts, 50-70% for being infected" wouldn't change much gameplay and this isn't copying, it's just a logic thing that people would do if they wouldn't have choice. This is what i want to say, when most of guys just say "devs don't want it" etc. like you. I understand this is already NO from devs, but for the god sake, why anybody can't say what HE is thinking about it not saying about devs?...

Snip that i dont need here

I'm ok that they don't agree but for god sake, i say "there should be minuses", Taco say "people should die not be killing machines", i say "there should chance to get infected", Taco say "i would chop down trees with guts in the inventory, and even if 50/50 would work, i would cry". This is why i'm still complaining - not because they don't like it, but because i write something and people just don't care about 50% of my post and they just saying that same things over and over. At least i feel like that.

I understand that devs don't want to make antoher TWD, but "wearing guts, 50-70% for being infected" wouldn't change much gameplay and this isn't copying, it's just a logic thing that people would do if they wouldn't have choice. This is what i want to say, when most of guys just say "devs don't want it" etc. like you. I understand this is already NO from devs, but for the god sake, why anybody can't say what HE is thinking about it not saying about devs?...

u wot m8?

I aint a native English speaker, getting my point across is kinda hard to me, haven't had a problem with this before but with you i am kinda doing it right now so i will explain with examples in MP that people would use with your suggestions.

1-The whole "Begin infected means the zombies will notice you less"

Alright lets say i get infected in MP, i will ask my friends to point me to some place that is packing with zombies and i will just go there and loot it, bring stuff back and die, there, but i know for a fact people will get infected on purpose on new made characters to do this stuff more often, maybe there is a player base near by that has a lot of loot?

Well great! I will take a gun, get infected, go to the house, shot it there and wait for the horde to scare the player off, go inside and loot everything there while i have a zombie army banging on the doors covering me but not noticing me. 

Now lets move on to SP, why would this feature be useful? Is sure as hell aint going to do much after i am dead, why go looting to an infested area if i am slowly dying?

Go on a killing spree? Sure, but you can do that already just to take the stress out that you got infected, don't need to be unnoticeable to zombies.

2-The chance to be infected, the chopping of wood and the Taco cry

You got this all wrong and you tell me i dont know how to read, i would cry, say, critic as a player, not character, on the fourms that is weird, unrealistic that i could get infected even when i am fully clothed like you said in a previous post or someone said "only someone dumb would smear zombie blood/guts on their wounds/face" that means if i am not wounded, there wont be a risky of infection right? How do you justify the 50/50%? Gameplay balance?

Lets put it on practice on MP, i am going to get logs for my base, so what do i do? Go there, smear guts,get some extra guts from a zombie to smear myself again in case the smear wears off (lets try to imply that you can carry guts ) get logs from some park near by, come back to base carrying a very heavy load (aka walking slowly) and repeat, oh did i get infected? Well lets keep doing it, since the zombies wont notice me at all anyway or do point 1.

Now lets put it in SP, what do you mean i cant see below the sheet rope by the way? Have you never open a window in the game? You can see some zombies below the rope sometimes, now if there is a 50/50 chance to get infected in SP, i am sure as hell that wont risk killing the zombie inside the house, do the smear action thingy and then try to walk outside, dude a 50/50 chance is a higher chance than a scratch all the time, people would do it for the novelty of it but outside of that, you have a better chance at finding a window and making a sheet rope with your clothes to escape than doing all that fancy smear thing.

Yes i am saying the same thing over and over again because this is what i think of it, is my own opinion, and i back up my opinion that is a bad feature with the devs saying from the start No,we will never implement this.

Even the Walking Dead Authors contradict themselves when it comes down to this stuff, look:

Zombies have poor eyesight but they do have a strong sense of smell." If that's the case why were they able to get by just hiding under cars?

"The smell thing that we saw in the first season is really just a rudimentary sense [the zombies have] that we don't smell like a dead person in some way, so they have some sense of smell that enables them to differentiate people from zombies. But they're not bloodhounds, you don't see them walking around and sniffing, following their nose or something. So hiding under a car is going to work."

Why haven't we seen in movies or books this stuff before if is logic then? I have seen a lot of zombie movies and i never seen this outside the walking dead, everyone who speaks of this tactic saw it from TWD (when the TV show came, not the comic), the closest thing i seen is Shaun of the Dead and Dead Rising 1 zombie walk and they are parody.

And just because you say that this fits the lore, not it doesn't, the devs themselves have told (i have repeated this like 5 times by now and you ignore it) that Brooks and Romero works lore inspired this lore, and you know what?

We don't know shit about PZ lore, we know is heavily based from them and we can see that in-game, they said they will add their bits to the lore, we need to wait for the whole radio and Tv update to get some background on the zombie lore, maybe in the news it will show that some guy smeared guts and he got eaten anyway, making people not do it.

And you said that smearing guts on yourself is not copying but common sense, well getting infected and begin unoticed by the zombies it is copying H1Z1 and maybe just maybe the awful WWZ movie. Why would we need that mechanic that is from another game with another lore? Shouldnt we use the lore and inspirations from the own PZ team (inspirations=Works of Romero and Brooks, the most famous kind of zombie we know today and people take it as a standard zombie)

Fucking hell! I hate these extra buttons on my fucking mouse! I writed like 0,5 of your message and i clicked a extra button by accident and i went back to ealier page!........

"Well great! I will take a gun, get infected, go to the house, shot it there and wait for the horde to scare the player off, go inside and loot everything there while i have a zombie army banging on the doors covering me but not noticing me. "

There should be big minuses - player can't aim and in fight is a real meat. Infected players should be in 100% like a zombie. They would have problems in smelling you, but they still could see you running and making noises...

"Now lets move on to SP, why would this feature be useful? Is sure as hell aint going to do much after i am dead, why go looting to an infested area if i am slowly dying?"

You can play with new characters on old worlds.

"that is weird, unrealistic that i could get infected even when i am fully clothed like you said in a previous post or someone said "only someone dumb would smear zombie blood/guts on their wounds/face" that means if i am not wounded, there wont be a risky of infection right? How do you justify the 50/50%? Gameplay balance?"

I said that to syfy, because he said that player would get infected 100% of time or something like that.

Theres should be 50/50, because:

1. You can get infected by just smelling. This a easy way to catch cold. Why player didn't get infected while killing zombies? Because guts dry exactly under your nose (if you wear guts on neck, there is no another good place to wear it).

2. Skin is good protection, but not always. In place where you have abraded skin you could get infected.

3. Clothes shouldn't protect skin in 100%. Clothes can get stepped in blood too.

"Lets put it on practice on MP, i am going to get logs for my base, so what do i do? Go there, smear guts,get some extra guts from a zombie to smear myself again in case the smear wears off (lets try to imply that you can carry guts ) get logs from some park near by, come back to base carrying a very heavy load (aka walking slowly) and repeat, oh did i get infected? Well lets keep doing it, since the zombies wont notice me at all anyway or do point 1."

Zombies would hear you. That you're covered in guts don't make your invisible. If you watched TWD then you should know that zombies was kinda looking at humans even when they was covered in guts and they was walking slowly. Guts would just make you less "smellable", but if you would sprint or cry zombies would hear/saw you.

"Now lets put it in SP, what do you mean i cant see below the sheet rope by the way? Have you never open a window in the game? You can see some zombies below the rope sometimes, now if there is a 50/50 chance to get infected in SP, i am sure as hell that wont risk killing the zombie inside the house, do the smear action thingy and then try to walk outside, dude a 50/50 chance is a higher chance than a scratch all the time, people would do it for the novelty of it but outside of that, you have a better chance at finding a window and making a sheet rope with your clothes to escape than doing all that fancy smear thing."

Yes, i'm old PZ player and i get killed at least like 2 times in West Point in shop with fire axes and food market at another site and some rooms upstairs. I was using sheet rope to escape, but i just "escaped" into the horde that i couldn't see. I don't say that this should be 50/50 and ONLY 50/50. The chance of getting infected should be higher when you have more pluses from doing it, if you have a small amount of pluses then this should be smaller number like a scratch or smaller etc.

"And you said that smearing guts on yourself is not copying but common sense, well getting infected and begin unoticed by the zombies it is copying H1Z1 and maybe just maybe the awful WWZ movie."

Almost whole PZ "lore" is copied.

"And just because you say that this fits the lore, not it doesn't, the devs themselves have told (i have repeated this like 5 times by now and you ignore it) that Brooks and Romero works lore inspired this lore, and you know what?"

By my opinion "swearing in guts = smaller chance to get smelled" really fits in the Brooks and Romero lore. If you're so smart to just say about this lore over and over could you explain it to me why this wouldn't work? Devs just don't want this in the game, not because this don't fit in the lore, but because they just don't want it, end of story. They may add something to the lore though, but this don't make your... sentence, opinion? truth, it's like two kids playing and one say:

"I'm the King of this rock!"

"But this isn't a rock!"

*first kid write a "rock" on the board"

"Now it is!"

These both ideas would make roleplay way more advanced - infected players wouldn't look like a normal players. Other players should be able to see if someone is in advanced infection. I'm really sure that this would improve interactions even on PvP!

But guts idea wouldn't be only "cosmetic" but would also help in the game and would make it more realistic. You said that there is no point in adding this. There is a lot of reasons to use guts, trust me - i died a lot in situations that i couldn't do nothing but only shit myself, when in real life i could at least try to use guts or baits. Yeah, this is my new idea - players should be able to drop a meat (or another food? Zombies was humans, they shouldn't only eat meat) and have some time to do something, like escape for example.

Is this a post or a bible? Anyways, I read nothing, sorry. I'm almost going to sleep, just came to say this:

Nobody remembers The Walking Dead Game when... SPOILER ALERT*****

Lee gets bitten but keep trying to save Clementine, he has to go down of a building and the street is full of zombies, when he is down there notice zombies don't see him, because he is turning.

In my game I had the option to walk in middle of the horde with a butcher knife, some zombies noticed Lee but he was in a badass killing spree down there, making a blood bath, passing trough the horde like one more of them.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it in the post, but tell me that would not be a badass way to end in PZ, maybe that would make players keep playing (because I know most people just start a new game on rage, don't deny it!) when get bitten.

Just imagine a random survivor passing trough the horde, killing zombies one by one with an axe to finally fall on the ground and sleep forever on a bed of corpses. Tell me that doesn't sounds good.

Also, to don't make it OP in PvP some zeds would still notice you, because you're not fully turned. Like happened with Lee in TWD game.

Is this a post or a bible? Anyways, I read nothing, sorry. I'm almost going to sleep, just came to say this:

Lee gets bitten but keep trying to save Clementine, he has to go down of a building and the street is full of zombies, when he is down there notice zombies don't see him, because he is turning.

In my game I had the option to walk in middle of the horde with a butcher knife, some zombies noticed Lee but he was in a badass killing spree down there, making a blood bath, passing trough the horde like one more of them.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it in the post, but tell me that would not be a badass way to end in PZ, maybe that would make players keep playing (because I know most people just start a new game on rage, don't deny it!) when get bitten.

Just imagine a random survivor passing trough the horde, killing zombies one by one with an axe to finally fall on the ground and sleep forever on a bed of corpses. Tell me that doesn't sounds good.

Also, to don't make it OP in PvP some zeds would still notice you, because you're not fully turned. Like happened with Lee in TWD game.

it would stop the whole "having people drawing hordes away from your base in mp after an early death" scenario.

That's exactly my point - way to make someone turning/covered in guts (Lee had both...) should make people more "invisible" at least when we're talking about smell, but not to much invisible so game will be still playable.

I hope I'm not interrupting, but...

[n] - This is a confirmed 'No' from the development team. Please don't waste your time or ours reposting unless there's something relevant and new about it

The Big No's!

[n]    Zombie Camo, or Using Zombie Guts as a Disguise

Playing as a zombie

Also, I'd like to point out that the PZ lore follows the Brooks and Romero lore, and not the TWD lore, for those that you may not know.

TWD lore is almost that same thing as Brooks and Romero lore (die then become zombie etc.). And to be honest there isn't anything about zombies that could make them "see" every human regardless what they're doing. They have good smell? Then why they don't smell you behind a wall or even behing him? They have good sight? So why player can easily sneak in their field of view? They can hear? Even if player don't make any noises?

Devs just don't want it because they don't want it - there is nothing in the lore that could make it Big No. Like zombies can have something like "beating heart" sight (even if this isn't in lore...), of course but at this point zombies shpuld hear everything so this isn't this also. You can say that they know because you're alive and they not, but this explain nothing so using lore as a reason why devs don't want it isn't good idea.

If you analyze and compare the two lores, you start to see really big differences, for example, in the TWD lore, zombies have been seen clawing, tearing, and punching humans and animals. They also have the ability to ''dodge'' (in this case slightly leaning out of the way of a melee attack),lift up their arms to defend themselves, and even go to the extent of holding onto possessions they had before dying and using them to their advantage. As Brooks and Romero zombies are not capable of logic or reasoning, they only respond to hunger. Maybe they do smell you. Maybe they do hear you, while you are sneaking behind their back. It's just that they're too ''dumb'' to react to it. They are uncapable of thinking ''Hey, I hear footsteps, shouldn't we go and check out what's going on?''. They only go for you when they know it's you for sure. 

The reason because you can sneak by them so easily is the previous reason added to the fact that their body is constantly decomposing. Without the ability to fabricate new cells, I'm pretty sure their eyesight would deteriorate with the passing of time.

After all, who are any of us to question the lore the devs put in the game? It's their game after all, and they can make zombies fly if they want to. It's always good to compare games to make them better, but if it means to change something so critical to PZ which in turn is the lore, then there's not much benefit to it.

By the way, smelling someone through a wall is by any means impossible, unless you have every zombie be Underdog with the sandbox settings.

Zombies in TWD defending themselves? Are you talking about game, comics or serial? Because i didn't saw any zombie doing something more logicial that bitting and punching (to punch you don't need to use logic... We have arms, we use arms). And i'm really sure that "traps" you're talking about aren't in TWD universe because zombies use logic, but because they go to "hibernation" mode. And btw in PZ crawlers do that same thing. Hey! Even zombies that have broken legs due to player attack do that traps! It's shows that zombies have some IQ even in PZ and are more advanced than in TWD.

"It's always good to compare games to make them better, but if it means to change something so critical to PZ which in turn is the lore"

I wouldn't say that something what can make you less smallable for small amount of time (and you can get infected) is critical thing.

My point isn't that devs don't like this idea, but my point is that users want to explain why devs said no using part of the lore, when there is no any part of the lore that would make this idea impossible (don't let your dreams be just dreams!). They just don't want it because they don't want it - not because their lore makes this idea not fitting in the game.

And totally off-topic - i don't see a reason why devs don't want to make type of servers when players are zombies, it's like this would really fun and there is no real good reason why they couldn't make that types of servers avabile (maybe they have another things to do, but this isn't really good reason to say "NO AND NO"). This would be interesting, because players would be normal zombies not special zombies like in Left4Dead or something like that - in general players would need to work in the team.

"''You ask for the answer of life, but what exactly is the question?''"

What's the point of lifing when you will die anyway? And universe will stop exist at some time, also. I asked a question, try to answer it! ;P