Thick Skin and chance to get bitten/injured by a zombie are way too high

Øathbetrayer

I grab thick skinned every game, I am at full health. I turn around and a zombie one shots me...it happens often. And I saw him there the entire time, he just got to me.   ZOMBIES ARE ON LOW DIFFICULTY SETTING.

So my problem is the dice roll on them crit hitting or however it works needs to be changed.

I also get bitten and scratched way too often with the perk..

Servers online is even worse because the delay, they have already hit me before they are near me.

Please make armor, once the armor you are wearing reaches 0% durability. You have a chance to get bitten/scratched.

I didn't even know getting insta-killed by a zombie was possible, let alone a common occurrence. I feel left out, in a good way. :D

But on to the subject, armor has been suggested multiple times before, and I would expect at least some form of protection from clothing coming in the future. I'm not positive of course, because I'm pretty sure it's a maybe on the list.

I didn't even know getting insta-killed by a zombie was possible, let alone a common occurrence. I feel left out, in a good way. :D

But on to the subject, armor has been suggested multiple times before, and I would expect at least some form of protection from clothing coming in the future. I'm not positive of course, because I'm pretty sure it's a maybe on the list.

By insta-kill I think he means insta-infected. Is that what you mean OP?

By insta-kill I think he means insta-infected. Is that what you mean OP?

Oh I guess I just misinterpreted that. Thanks amigo.   :D

i have to say that would be a bug or lag. i have never seen a 1 hit kill even with thin skinned. i jumped into hordes with unlucky and thin skinned and it still took a bit to die. also if you want you could check out my clothing and armor thread. it is pretty long but here is the link anyway. enjoy.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14771-clothing/

I have to agree with some points on your post. 

I mostly get bitten/scratched by the crawlers. Cause lets be honest I think they kinde bugged.

With a baseball bat I can push away or knock down the ''upstanding'' semi-dead of the greater Knox Country. 

Yet the crawlers move like some kinde of glacier. 

Cause its seems they dont get stunned long enough when hit. So unless your first hit kills em they keep going. 

I have to agree with some points on your post. 

I mostly get bitten/scratched by the crawlers. Cause lets be honest I think they kinde bugged.

With a baseball bat I can push away or knock down the ''upstanding'' semi-dead of the greater Knox Country. 

Yet the crawlers move like some kinde of glacier. 

Cause its seems they dont get stunned long enough when hit. So unless your first hit kills em they keep going. 

crawlers are a pain ineed, you have to fight em last, first go far to make the walkers come before him, then when only crawler left you have to turn around him to hit him in the back, he takes some time to turn himself around

Huh, I always thought Thick Skinned was close to being OP, I tend to grab it and I barely ever get any bites and scratches and I have had a LOT of situations where zombies were within biting distance. Without that trait I tend to get bitten and scratched 90% of the time a zombie is close.

Zombies have 3 attacks I think

1. Punching you, this carries no risk of infection.

2. Scratching you carries around 20% I think.

3. Bit you, this carries a 94% chance of infection.

Thought I do not know if Thick Skinned affects these percentages or just makes sure you have a lower chance of getting infected by for example boosting the chance of no getting infected.

While I don't want to judge your play style, I will say this based off of a lot of threads I've seen in the past;

Combat is not forced onto you. In fact, it's discouraged. Survival is often granted to people who avoid conflict - which, granted, isn't always an option, but I've seen a lot of players whine about not being able to confront a hoard on their own.

That aside, melee combat with zombies can be very risky, and I don't think that impending threat should be taken away.