Option to alternate between 24 and 12 hour clocks.

MrZombifiedGamer

I'm certain I suggested this before but it was years ago and on a separate forum I believe (the old one) so I figured it's time to bring it up again. I want this as an American having to read a 24 hour clock hurts my head .xD That was some what of a joke. Although, I do find it a bit challenging when I'm having to do it in panic situations and it takes me a minute to convert times.

I hope in the future for clocks to be removed entirely and different methods implemented. But for now it would be nice if 12 hour clocks were optional for convenience purposes. 

I've suggested this as well too. Don't think I got a definitive answer though.  :D

I am more used to the 12hr format of time, even though I've spent countless hours playing with the 24hr. It doesn't seem like that hard of a thing to implement compared to other features.

+1

(Maybe later on we will only be able to tell time if we have a working watch, phone, or similar object? I'm thinking along the lines of Cataclysm: DDA. If you don't have one then it'll be a blank space or maybe a rough estimate of the current time. I dunno, just trying to add to the conversation, lol.  :))

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5445-horizon-clock-mod-v021/

While it doesnt change it from 12 to 24 or vice versa, what it does it changes the clock to a sun/moon. Works in 32.17 and its a great mod imo. Once you use it for awhile, you kindof know what time it is, and if you sleep how long before night/day end up.  Totaly helps with the brain freeze with trying to convert time for us simple americans ;)

The only down side is it doesnt tell you what the date it.  But you can kindof figure out what aproximately the month is via, how fast you start to get warm with wearing warm clothes, without em. If it starts snowing you know its a winter month for sure ;)

Its actually something i wishe was part of the default game, since it makes sence that without power, you really dont know what time it is. Even watches batteries die after awhile.

But i also do agree there should be a option atleast to toggle between 24h and 12h time.

While it doesnt change it from 12 to 24 or vice versa, what it does it changes the clock to a sun/moon. Works in 32.17 and its a great mod imo. Once you use it for awhile, you kindof know what time it is, and if you sleep how long before night/day end up.  Totaly helps with the brain freeze with trying to convert time for us simple americans ;)

The only down side is it doesnt tell you what the date it.  But you can kindof figure out what aproximately the month is via, how fast you start to get warm with wearing warm clothes, without em. If it starts snowing you know its a winter month for sure ;)

Its actually something i wishe was part of the default game, since it makes sence that without power, you really dont know what time it is. Even watches batteries die after awhile.

But i also do agree there should be a option atleast to toggle between 24h and 12h time.

Dude, you're absolutely amazing. I love you now. That's perfect! 

Wow, this is a really cool mod!  :eek:

This is how the clock should look if you don't have anything that tells time in your inventory. Definitely gonna check this out. :D

EDIT: I reread what you said, and yeah, I agree. I don't think the "average joe" we play as has an accurate clock in his head.