Effective Foraging 1.1

DarkSlayerEX

(I cannot seem to get the little grey "Build 32" box to show up on the left of my thread. Sorry about that)

One day on IRC, Veryinky brought up a good point on how foraging made players sleepy very quickly. I agreed that seemed a little bit excessive.

With the new foraging drain system, the following is now in effect:

• Base fatigue cost for foraging has been changed from 0.05 to 0.005.
  • Successful forages will drain fatigue by a further 0.02*quantity of item spawned.
  • The chance for XP gain from unsuccessful forages in vanilla now adds to fatigue as well.
  • Otherwise unsuccessful foraging will not further impact fatigue aside from base cost.

This should now ensure that your fatigue doesn't get out of hand with constant failures to forage anything.

Due to not having any such file hosting site (outside of dropbox), I will upload the patch through the file attacher.

The image I had on here before no longer fits the mod's new functionality. It will be removed until I can determine a better image for it.

August 2 2015:    Default fatigue drain on foraging increased to 0.005    Fatigue drained further 0.02*ItemQuantity on successful forages.    Unsuccessful forages will drain 0.008 when failure XP bonus is given.    Otherwise unsuccessful forages will leave fatigue as is.July 31 2015:    Replaced default fatigue drain on foraging from 0.05 to 0.002

EffectiveForaging 1.1.zip

Have you actually tried foraging IRL? I mean picking blueberries for 20 minutes is exhausting. Try picking stones, branches, berries, mushrooms, LOGS, catching bugs, frogs and worms for hours on end. This mod ruins what was planned and realistic.

Have you actually tried foraging IRL? I mean picking blueberries for 20 minutes is exhausting. Try picking stones, branches, berries, mushrooms, LOGS, catching bugs, frogs and worms for hours on end. This mod ruins what was planned and realistic.

The main difference is picking blueberries for 20 minutes usually involves acquiring 20 minutes worth of blueberries. in this game, you aren't even guaranteed to get a single item from foraging. The reason we wanted it different was because of the fact that the way PZ looks for foraging is more the act of looking around trying to find something foragable instead of constantly picking things.

I appreciate your reply though. I just found foraging way too sleep inducing.

I suppose if I made it drop at the same rate as exhaustion instead of slightly slower, it might seem more balanced to the majority as well..

Thanks, while i probably wont use it, or if i do ill change it a bit,.

Always seemd a bit over done imo. Wake up, forage a few times and be ready for sleep already, lol.  I guess i would be ok with the default time if there was skill books for it (and yes im aware of a few mods that add them). Books can tell you what berries are good, bad, differnt types of trees and there barks, information on different rocks, hippy shit before computers came out ;).

I think im gonna try to aim it to take about 4 hours for myself.  Thanks once again slayer.

Thanks, while i probably wont use it, or if i do ill change it a bit,.

Always seemd a bit over done imo. Wake up, forage a few times and be ready for sleep already, lol.  I guess i would be ok with the default time if there was skill books for it (and yes im aware of a few mods that add them). Books can tell you what berries are good, bad, differnt types of trees and there barks, information on different rocks, hippy shit before computers came out ;).

I think im gonna try to aim it to take about 4 hours for myself.  Thanks once again slayer.

Yes, that is the exact reason I released this for others, and specified how to tweak it for their preferences. the vanilla one was too debilitating, and some people might want a higher or lower drain than this mod.

Glad you can make use of the mod, even if it is tweaked by yourself afterwards.

I have updated this mod, to better balance it.

• Default fatigue drain on foraging increased to 0.005
  • Fatigue drained further 0.02*ItemQuantity on successful forages.
  • Unsuccessful forages will drain 0.008 when failure XP bonus is given.
  • Otherwise unsuccessful forages will leave fatigue as is.

This should improve situations where your fatigue is being drained even in areas that have no chance of being foraged in.

Necesito ayuda y que me respondan por favor:

Descargue ONU Mod de armas (y me arrepiento) Porque Ahora perdi las armas originales del juego, si me pudieran Pasar el archivo con las armas Oficiales de Proyecto Zomboid construir 32,17 y explicarme Como Arreglar el Problema, les voy a Estar agradecido.

A ESTO TODO no puedo USAR las Armas del mod DEBIDO a la actualizacion !!!

Psdt: Quiero recuperar las armas oficiales y originales

Necesito ayuda y que me respondan por favor:

Descargue ONU Mod de armas (y me arrepiento) Porque Ahora perdi las armas originales del juego, si me pudieran Pasar el archivo con las armas Oficiales de Proyecto Zomboid construir 32,17 y explicarme Como Arreglar el Problema, les voy a Estar agradecido.

A ESTO TODO no puedo USAR las Armas del mod DEBIDO a la actualizacion !!!

Psdt: Quiero recuperar las armas oficiales y originales

I don't really know how to help with your problem. Sorry..

• 1 month later...

Do you even tried to go in man-killing-machine-with-a-axe-mode IRL? I mean killing zombies for 20 mintues is exhausting....

Do you even tried to go in man-killing-machine-with-a-axe-mode IRL? I mean killing zombies for 20 mintues is exhausting....

I know right! :cry: