Windows 10

Spracky

The only reason I use windows is for the compatibility reasons with gaming and other software. I've been using windows since Windows 3.1, not to mention DOS, and it's an utter load of crap. Also the fact that they don't do the best they possibly can, and instead make purposefully shitty software in an attempt to continually reel the customer back in; it makes me want be rid of Microsoft forever.

Thankfully, there's a chance that with the success of the Steam Machine, Linux may take its rightful place at the top of the OS hierarchy.

Even though my steam machine is going to be sick, I will probably keep this computer on WIndows until I buy another one. The new one will probably have Windows 10, and I'll put Linux onto this one. Well, I have a year or two before I buy another computer, so hopefully Windows has fallen in that time span and I can keep a Linux OS and play next gen. games/software! :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus: there are some privacy concerns regarding Windows 10. This is opt out, so be sure to disable it.

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/

This is of concern too:

We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services.

Also this:

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/30/windows-10-steals-your-bandwidth-to-send-other-people-updates/

The key question with windows is, has it recieved it's first Service Pack? No? Then don't touch it with a barge pole.

Another key question, did it take you more than a day to get your computer just how you liked it, including installing any and all software (cumulative) that you want? Yes? Then don't touch windows 10 with a barge pole for another 3 years.

I will not be upgrading to Windows 10 as it is (And if I do it will be quite some time from now). It's not like the OS itself is a monstrosity but it has some features/non-features that irk me to no end. Besides W7 is fantastic and I've had no issues with it.

My problem is that I do not have enough space. I'm running a 60GB SSD which is hosting my OS, and the windows updates just keep getting bigger and bigger. (Biggest mistake in my entire life.) I got 5 years of shit that I gotta save to an external HDD, before I do anything. :/

My problem is that I do not have enough space. I'm running a 60GB SSD which is hosting my OS, and the windows updates just keep getting bigger and bigger. (Biggest mistake in my entire life.) I got 5 years of shit that I gotta save to an external HDD, before I do anything. :/

You could try a clean install onto your SSD?

In order to get the free upgrage you must upgrade. You can then do a clean install but you must upgrade first. This is because Windows 10 stores your HWID in order to activate you with microsoft.

If you want to do a clean install without upgrading first you must buy a retail copy of the software.

In order to get the free upgrage you must upgrade. You can then do a clean install but you must upgrade first. This is because Windows 10 stores your HWID in order to activate you with microsoft.

If you want to do a clean install without upgrading first you must buy a retail copy of the software.

I could do a clean install of windows 7, and then upgrade from there.