Custom 3-D model question

tommysticks

Quick question, hoping someone knows this. I made a load bearing vest, backpack, and hat in blender and replaced the "chops" beard style with my model. In-game when I rotate around to where the backpack should be visible from behind it becomes transparent. Anyone know why this is happening? Picture attached.

backpack.jpg

The line on his back in the right picture is a strap on the LBV seen through where the backpack should be.

Here it is again in black for a different view:

backpack_1.jpg

Here, in the right picture you can see what appears to be 2 straps, but the further right one is the edge of the backpack. This shit's weird.

Also, for anyone adding or planning to add custom models, particularly clothing or gear, here is a picture of how thick I had to make the straps and shit in order for it to look good rendered in the game. They were much thinner when I first started but would disappear into the body and clothes in-game.

blender%20guy.jpg

This is really cool! Does PZ render models and geometry on the hidden side of the player? If not, maybe it thinks the "beard" is not visible so it does not render it. Just a hypothesis, someone please correct me if this is not true.

This is really cool! Does PZ render models and geometry on the hidden side of the player? If not, maybe it thinks the "beard" is not visible so it does not render it. Just a hypothesis, someone please correct me if this is not true.

I don't think this is the case, not with 3-D models. Plus you can see the strap of the LBV on his back. I'm going to try remodelling the backpack, I was pressing buttons trying to figure out commands and may have done some weird shit to the faces of the model when I was tryin to figure it out.

Looks really awesome. If you can fix this and somehow manage to add backpack and clothing models this would be the best.

The only way I know how to do it at this time is by replacing 3-D models that are already in the game, so like replacing beards and hair styles, shit like that.