Allow foraging everywhere?

Decay

Before you start saying this is stupid or something hear me out.

You would be able to forage anywhere you wanted but it would require common sense of course. 

You would obviously not find anything indoors unless your at a high foraging skill maybe you'd find a mouse/rat? 

It'd all be determined by the foraging skill it'd be very useless to forage indoors of course it'd still stay the same you would get more items out in the woods but for a suburban area a small chance of finding a rat or worm or anything maybe even a small frog. 

It would go like this. 

Nature/outdoors/woods foraging skill 0-6 

Just like the foraging system is now.

Or. 6-10 foraging skill.

Outdoors/indoors/suburban.

15% for a mouse/rat

5% for a frog

25% for a worm.

What the frak do you need decaying frog for ?

I think he means that the erosion would take over and humanity would lose most of its human like places to the wilderness which would include tall grass and weeds through the cracks in the pavement and all that. I think it could double the chances of foraging in suburban neighborhoods 

Like 20% for rat/mouse after a good amount of erosion 

10% chance of frog

30% chance of worm

I think he means that the erosion would take over and humanity would lose most of its human like places to the wilderness which would include tall grass and weeds through the cracks in the pavement and all that. I think it could double the chances of foraging in suburban neighborhoods 

10% chance of frog

30% chance of worm

what if you could then find things like trash when in the city. like bags and possibly empty bottles. could be useful?

10% chance of frog

30% chance of worm

what if you could then find things like trash when in the city. like bags and possibly empty bottles. could be useful?

you could also find things like jars, clothes, cans and other stuff that you could make use of.

10% chance of frog

30% chance of worm

you could also find things like jars, clothes, cans and other stuff that you could make use of.

this would also be useful since some items like jars are oddly rare.

10% chance of frog

30% chance of worm

I know right? it's like no-body in Kentucky has ever heard of a jar. Or the U-gnomes have expanded their business strategy.

10% chance of frog

30% chance of worm

I know right? it's like no-body in Kentucky has ever heard of a jar. Or the U-gnomes have expanded their business strategy.

and people seem to have just stray pickles. not even in anything, just there.. you know a random pickle.

In nature things come and go, grow and rot. Nature is constantly changing providing different resources.

Looting in houses is already basically foraging. It's just a slightly different system to suit the environment your in.

but items made by man don't just reappear. man needs to remake them. that is why everything from bags to bats need to be conserved.

In nature things come and go, grow and rot. Nature is constantly changing providing different resources.

Looting in houses is already basically foraging. It's just a slightly different system to suit the environment your in.

but items made by man don't just reappear. man needs to remake them. that is why everything from bags to bats need to be conserved.

That's kind of what I was trying to point out. Once you take something from a house its gone.

I just forgot to finish the post before I added it...

It has no impact on gameplay then.

Sorry.

Why dead rats? You gonna swim in potatoes in a few months anyway.

Worms ? Go farming.

Frogs? Decaying squirrels? Whats the point ?

for those who don't use farming as a source or fail at farming. i made it about 7 month in without farming, only looting and foraging every now and then. there is a reason but still i would like it reason or not. also for items like bags, this becomes more useful.

It has no impact on gameplay then.

Sorry.

Why dead rats? You gonna swim in potatoes in a few months anyway.

Worms ? Go farming.

Frogs? Decaying squirrels? Whats the point ?

for those who don't use farming as a source or fail at farming. i made it about 7 month in without farming, only looting and foraging every now and then. there is a reason but still i would like it reason or not. also for items like bags, this becomes more useful.

foraging, trapping and fishing are there for you little-cute-crops hater. ))

also hunting is coming I believe and if you fail at everything then you starve to death.

NPC traders are also a posibility.

As for bags and stuff I agree with Trojan_Turps. It is finite.

Allow foraging everywhere?

Just "no"...

This skill alrdy make the game too easy...

Just consider :

1) Free tools/weapons from an infinite/renewable source you can get access after 10mins into game (axe and hammer) ;

1b) Free axe lead to free fire everywhere (as long as you got matches or lighter or a Saw)...

1c) Free fire = free untainted water source (as long as you roam near WP river)

1d) Free axe lead to free wood log everywhere (even if it's time consuming), meaning you can build a little fort everywhere...

2) Free spear for fishing (wooden branch+stone)

3) Free food quite everywhere in the map, except for 4 month/year (left 8 month you can move wherever without problem) ;

4) Free food without anything required to get it (no trap, no water+fishing tools, no time waiting for crops, no seeds, etc.)

5) Past lvl 3, you got access to unperishable food (even if utterly depressing - But depression dont kill you and hunger do... Simple choice) - You can just stack crickets, etc. for winter (one (1) cricket feed you for one day - in 8 month of forage, you can easily access to 120 of them, making you able to survive a full winter).

6) All that consider, Forage allows you to live in the wild and roaming (get a tent kit asap) ; zeds will NEVER EVER be a problem...

So, just "no, dont make Forage more OP than it is now !"

My two cents.

Ok. First of all. That is completely not what we are saying so please read before you just start complaining. Second, foraging in the city would produce different items at different rates so it wouldn't be the same. You would not have the same problems you listed and if you bothered to read you may know that. But anyway that's what I have to say to that. Lovely conversation.

Ok. First of all. That is completely not what we are saying so please read before you just start complaining. Second, foraging in the city would produce different items at different rates so it wouldn't be the same. You would not have the same problems you listed and if you bothered to read you may know that. But anyway that's what I have to say to that. Lovely conversation.

You dont undrstd my point, i guess. Np. I dont complain, i found it's bad idea to give more to a skill alrdy powerful.

Allowing more zone to forage, notably into city (whatever you found) wont remove :

1) the free exp (you can even do it from your safehouse...)

2) free food (even if depressing, but it's alrdy the case for some)

3) free utilty loot (empty bottle isnt useless, even if it's not gamebreaking, i admit). 

You give a wider span loot table to a skill which dont need it.

[...] if you bothered to read [...]

Feel free to thk it...

Lovely conversation.

All credit to you :P

Dont get me wrong, i see how all these attemps to create/twink more are fine for this community and i respect that. But i cant say "yar" when i feel something wrong...

To be constructive, from whatever i read on that post, i thk it's better to apply it to a new skill "Scavenge" which would work like "Forage" but restricted to urban area ; from that, you can also thk which items could be find at which lvl and so on.

See your point. But still I don't think the idea of finding stuff in cities is a bad one. Bottles are not the most common either with me and a deism on a server only finding a total of about 30. On top of that depression is a big debate by some since that say it slows you but others deny that. But I will admit I do like the scavenging idea but I feel foraging could give a very little to scavenging and vice versa. Since by foraging you can learn about scavenging a bit.