Surviving the winter. what you do?

Navarome

if survival is on the line,food wise,snare trap is a bad idea.

Stick trap,bait with worms,and catch birds.This is highly effective and can be done multiple times a day.With a single trap ,i once caught 3 birds in a single day.

Also, you now need to find the recipe for traps,you no longer get to know how to make them free....got to hunt up a magazine for hunting (or have taken the hunter trait)

i dont even need traping skill at all to survive but i guess it depends on tastes. i will try snare trap for the lolz, since its the only trap recipe my charater knows.

ps: i wont share my worms with the birds , i love to eat worms while i read a good book

I'm assuming fresh food spoils slower in the winter time because of the dropped temperature? Kind of a random gameplay theory, but I've been looking into it. Wondering if somebody in this thread has considered the thought.

yeah, i wondered that too, but the wiki says nothing about. still my farming activities stoped since its almost january and its a waste of seeds. i will start farming again in March

I remember a time back in the day my UI broke and it showed all of the technical stats for every amount of food, temperature was one of the stats. Probably related to decay.

i think the temperature setting for food is essentially here for cooking purposes but who knows

You honestly don't need a fishing pole. It takes a bit longer, but I can catch a few fish per spear. If you catch a pike (which isn't extremely rare), it will feed you for DAYS.

If your already living by the cabin by the lake your set, forage for tree branches each day (which you'll also get from cutting down trees with your stone axes), use your chipped stone to carve spears, and go caveman style all over those fish.

Tip: Queue up several fishing actions. You'll continue to keep fishing until the spear breaks, so no need to sit there watching it.

You honestly don't need a fishing pole. It takes a bit longer, but I can catch a few fish per spear. If you catch a pike (which isn't extremely rare), it will feed you for DAYS.

If your already living by the cabin by the lake your set, forage for tree branches each day (which you'll also get from cutting down trees with your stone axes), use your chipped stone to carve spears, and go caveman style all over those fish.

Tip: Queue up several fishing actions. You'll continue to keep fishing until the spear breaks, so no need to sit there watching it.

the problem is that i never caught anything with the spear, even with fishing rods my caughts are weak so i decided to invest in foraging, since time is life. it seems you are good with the spear O_O

Yeah, you can catch anything with a spear that you could a fishing rod, it just takes a few more actions, and like I said since you can queue it up, just queue up about 12 and let it go. You can expect about 3 fish per spear. Its definitely key to have an area for you to be able to forage in though to keep getting those tree branches and a chipped stone.

Yeah, you can catch anything with a spear that you could a fishing rod, it just takes a few more actions, and like I said since you can queue it up, just queue up about 12 and let it go. You can expect about 3 fish per spear. Its definitely key to have an area for you to be able to forage in though to keep getting those tree branches and a chipped stone.

i will try that , thanks

i will try that , thanks

Yeah, honestly, the only essential items you need from the city are a cooking pot and a kitchen knife. Since you unfortunately can't fillet a fish with a chipped stone, you need the knife. Filleting them over and over will give good cooking xp, then cook the fillets for more cooking xp, then you can make soup, salad, or stir fry with them.

i will try that , thanks

Yeah, honestly, the only essential items you need from the city are a cooking pot and a kitchen knife. Since you unfortunately can't fillet a fish with a chipped stone, you need the knife. Filleting them over and over will give good cooking xp, then cook the fillets for more cooking xp, then you can make soup, salad, or stir fry with them.

yeah thats true. still i like to colect things :) in my current world my mission is to get the book expert carpeting, my last hope is some ramdom house or the highscholl of WP (inacessible).

Since you live in WP, mayby you can tell me if zeds are grouping all around the highscholl. after 6 months there are so many there thats its impossible to herd them.