No Equipped Access Containers - v0.32.0 (Build 33 Compatible)

So I noticed something about PZ which kind of bothered me but not enough to do anything about it until I started using Hydrocraft and it's large containers (toy wagons, wheel barrows, etc) which is that, if my hands are full or my backpack is on, how could I possibly access it???  I don't know about you, but I always have to take a backpack off to sort through it as I don't have gelatinous tentacle arms or eye stalks so I can see behind me, straight down my back.

What this mod does is inverts the logic for equippable containers.  The container must be in your main inventory but not equiped to access it.

No Equipped Access Container v0.32.0

Very cool! This was one of the big realism hurdles for me, that you have to equip a pack to access it when it really would be much more likely to put a pack down before rummaging around in it.

I also like the gameplay balance implications that to recieve the weight reduction from a pack you have to equip it and lose the ability to manage its inventory, while to load / unload it you have to deal with the extra weight and speed loss until you are done.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...