Dedicated bags\storage containers

ChaosLegion

What:

Bags and storage containers specificaly created to store\haul only specific Item categories.

Example for bags:

Toolbox (tools\nails\screws\electronic scrap\other crafting components)

Foodbag (food and water bottles)

Log hauling bag (Excellent weight reduction for logs but you can only carry this bag - its like you carrying a generator) suggested by mads232

Suitcase (sheets\pillows\clothes\shoes\hats if ever added etc)

Weapon case (firearms\ammo\weapon accessories)

doctor bag (meds\bamdages\scalpel\tweezers etc)

Should be only hand-held imo

Should have better capacity\weight reduction than the bestest bag but for specific items only

Example for craftable storage containers:

log/plank holder (these take insane amount of space)

Garbage can (items disappear after a while - non realistic but still)

Gun locker (Should be lockable for MP purpose. Not a 100% safe. Still may be opened with some additional efforts) Suggested by - King jjwpenguin

Cupboard (food and kitchenware)

Tool drawers

Whatever else you may think of

WHY:

Better dedicated runs for specific loot. You dont just go and grab whatever you find.

More comfortable crafting with toolbox. Pick and craft - drop and go. No need to search for all the crates to find that axe,hammer,saw,screwdriver,nails,screws every time. Its all in one place.

Much more organised storage for safehouses.

More content! Just ignore if you dont like it. Tote bags are still there for you!

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE:

Bags added as loot

Recipes for containers

pixelart

Code some inventories to hold certain categories only.

"Craft from bag" should be available. Maybe with time penalty

A bunch of items should be properly categorised. Most of those are just "Items"

Something else I am not aware of

ty for your attention

the first idea can be done by simply renaming bags and the second of crafting containers... well that's new and i like some of them but a gun locker isn't something you can just make from wood. i recommend you check out the mondoids and the commonly suggested. on another topic i would like to welcome you to the pz forums. have a good day.

Those bags and containers should have better capacity and\or weight reduction for specific item categories. Sorry if that was not clear. Gonna add some text about it.

Gun lockers could be made of wood since there is no need to lock these post-apocalyptic days. Its just for sake of having certtain types of all your items in 1-2 containers if only they had like 80 weight reduction and like 100 capacity. Its not an OP idea but leads to less clicks and searching as wall as better overall gaming experience.

I do not really like your idea, sorry. Although, if they could create something for let's say, logs, which made it possible to store more logs in this specific bag, but you could only carry this bag.

That would be interesting and helpful.

Those bags and containers should have better capacity and\or weight reduction for specific item categories. Sorry if that was not clear. Gonna add some text about it.

Gun lockers could be made of wood since there is no need to lock these post-apocalyptic days. Its just for sake of having certtain types of all your items in 1-2 containers if only they had like 80 weight reduction and like 100 capacity. Its not an OP idea but leads to less clicks and searching as wall as better overall gaming experience.

there is much need to lock them. bandits and such are a problem. (at least in mp) also some of these dont have any real use besides easy sorting. i feel the proposal of certain items being easier to find in these like nails being quicker to find in a toolbox than a hiking bag full of fruit and tools. that could be a factor which may actually help your entire idea. and i do have to say +1 for the log idea. i really want to see that. anyway hope that helped. 

1. There is a recipe for logs. Its 4 logs + 4 ropes i think. makes weight 1\3 of total.

2. As for MP locking, non-griefing and private zones would do the trick. I've read they are coming anytime soon if not already.

Otherwise its gonna be a mess of camping and locking and booby traping in and around your base. Which may or may not be good ))))

Also if devs implemet that "move furniture" feature I could just bring gun locker from gun store with a dolly or whatever they come up with.

Also I would like to note that I am fairly inexperienced player and all your feedback is invaluable to me.

I think with a little tweaking to it, it could have potential. Though it sounds like it might an extra lot more work for the devs. 

Much like a toolbox would be smaller than a garbage bag but dedicated spaces to the items stored inside.

1. There is a recipe for logs. Its 4 logs + 4 ropes i think. makes weight 1\3 of total.

2. As for MP locking, non-griefing and private zones would do the trick. I've read they are coming anytime soon if not already.

Otherwise its gonna be a mess of camping and locking and booby traping in and around your base. Which may or may not be good ))))

Also if devs implemet that "move furniture" feature I could just bring gun locker from gun store with a dolly or whatever they come up with.

Also I would like to note that I am fairly inexperienced player and all your feedback is invaluable to me.

I know about the logs but saw no difference when carrying them. also i play on pure vanilla servers  with friends so the ability to lock stuff is invaluable. idc if there are plug ins i want it to be realistic. just saying i feel i am not the only one so that's something.

also you may want to try some other things before shutting out ideas so you can see if they are true, if they are not, get different views. got to try and be a little bit more open but anyway i hoped this helped.

"I know about the logs but saw no difference when carrying them." - That goes to bug report, not suggestion thread.

I also do not overprotect my idea just because its mine nor I have an illusion that any of that will ever be implemented because of my post. What i believe in is that someone may read it take some of ideas presented here and write a mod and if it will be popular it may be implemented in game after a year or two.

I could see it as a mod, but I wouldn't really want it in the vanilla game :)

i agree for the most part. i really wouldn't mind seeing them added but its not a must have thing.

"I know about the logs but saw no difference when carrying them." - That goes to bug report, not suggestion thread.

I also do not overprotect my idea just because its mine nor I have an illusion that any of that will ever be implemented because of my post. What i believe in is that someone may read it take some of ideas presented here and write a mod and if it will be popular it may be implemented in game after a year or two.

and for the logs. i didn't figure it was a bug. on the wiki (when i last checked) it also said there was no reduction with them. the wiki and my game matched showing no reduction. i figured this wouldn't be a bug since the wiki said the same thing. since then i have yet to try it again and it may have been a bug but i was just saying i didn't see a difference not knowing if it may or may not be a bug.