Who else hate Five Nights at Freddy's?

Adamiks

I find most of these YT "gamers" to be very annoying and wish that there was some that were actually entertaining. People like robbaz, penquinz0 and bikestman.

I don't hate fnaf but it does seem to be a stupid game that lots of the more stupid YTers gravitate toward so that they can scream like little girls and amuse whatever 10 year olds happen to be subscribed to them.

TotalBiscuit, Jim Sterling are pretty good, at least for me, mostly serious, they're reaction feel genuine and they don't overreact or piss and shit their pants when hyped. I hate YT "screamers" as I call them because they're just acting, I've never seen a genuine reaction from any popular "screamer" they just do what kids like, overreact and screech like hyenas on LSD.

If you like to watch garbage games watch Jim Sterling, it's hard to believe how much shit is on steam. I'd take his underreaction to random jumpscares over hearing nonstop "OMFG THIS IS TERRYFYING SEND HALP!" anytime.

As for screamers, well, I don't watch them so they don't annoy me at all. I mean, I tried but I'm just too old to enjoy that kind of stuff.

First game was great for me, eerie atmosphere, creative concept, suspense (going almost blind into it), and overall simplistic yet working and solid gameplay.

You can tell me "CHEAP JUMPSCARES DUDE", but as i see it, it was the punishment for the player fucking up, the suspense of trying not to fuck up is what made it scary, same as when the game ramps up the difficulty with the last bear guy, it was great, bits of lore here and there, i loved the Chuck E Cheese feeling of it, like the designs were suppose to be for kids but it gave you that unnerving feeling when you enter C&Cheese for the first time as a kid, overall it was a refreshing  for the horror genre. 

However the other games, i just didn't find it as charming or creepy as the first game and none of them will top it, FNAF 1 was the one that can not be topped by its own author. 

In a world where people find Dead Space 2 & 3, Evil Within (after the first chapter), Resident Evil 6, Amnesia a machine for pigs scary games, we need new ideas to scare the player.

After so many horror games (i am talking from even Alone in the Dark 1 to modern Alien Isolation), FFAF when it came out day 1, it kinda did got me.

Also i hate all kinds of Youtubers so i dont follow any of that stuff, only to watch really chilled lets play by a few good LPs, so there is that.

I did find the FIRST game scary at times, not exaggerated screaming but more like startled because I didn't see a jumpscare coming while shrugging it off say "Oh boy! Didn't see that one coming!". The others? Eh...

I disliked the series at first, but when they announced Silent Hills was cancelled and FNAF4 was announced an hour later(or so it seems by alleged sources, and by alleged sources, I mean the comments.), I pretty much loathed the series for adding salt to the wounds. >:/

I was anticipating Silent Hills(P.T.) damn it.

But to sum it all up: Yes, I do hate the series after the repetition started to rack up. I don't hate the lore of the game, in fact, it's interesting but the fact a game gets announced every month or so? God that's annoying, but I can tell it's because the creator KNOWS it'll rack up some cash! Hell the dude was struggling with failed games until some dude said that the animals in one of his failed projects looked like animatronics and thus had the idea of creating this god-awful series of games.

That's not the worst part, it's the fanbase. Good god, the ships; WHO SHIPS ROBOTIC ANTHROPOMORPHIC ANIMALS?

Well if you haven't been to his website, it just has two words on it: "The End" with "Thanks for playing!" underneath, however you can find a questionmark after the "The End" part but that's just referencing the Halloween DLC he's planning.

... he's making a DLC??

Why would you make a DLC for a game that consists of you keeping a watch on animatronics?

I guess it's better than a game coming out every 4-6 months then?

Only played a few. Not that fun, clicking around and all. Although I don't like it that much, I watched it's stories in youtube and it's cool how the creator hides the stories behind the game itself. Yeah, it's kind of a kiddie gameplay but you see, smart people would play it to discover the stories behind it. It might seem silly, but I'm impressed by the theories they give in simple evidences and it all makes sense.

I respect your opinion but I got to say that it's not hype " because kids like teddy bears.... That are "scary"...." but because the creator placed a lot of thought into it and got the fans interested simply because there's more to the game that meets the eye. If you watched some videos, you'll know how some guy kills kids and they go into the animatronics. The thing is that they pieced all that together by observing small and partially hidden details in the game that is not easily seen. It's not easy and that's the challenge in their minds. Most of them at least. Some people play it for bragging rights (the guy who beat the difficulty that the creator thought impossible) or other means.

To me, it's not a bad game. Simple but smart. Kind of like Dark Souls on how it's lore is hidden but without it's heart crushing gameplay.

Edit: Also, yes, you're right about each game having almost the same gameplay. Like I said, it's more than the game itself. Each game is a prequel or sequel to each and again, players play it to know more about the story of the game. Hope you understand all this :P

Well if you haven't been to his website, it just has two words on it: "The End" with "Thanks for playing!" underneath, however you can find a questionmark after the "The End" part but that's just referencing the Halloween DLC he's planning.

... he's making a DLC??

Why would you make a DLC for a game that consists of you keeping a watch on animatronics?

I guess it's better than a game coming out every 4-6 months then?

No idea why he's doing it or what it's going to be, all I know is that the fact that he's pretty much fucked up his entire website to say 'The end' kind of tells me he's either backed it up to high hell and is going to put it back up after halloween or he's legitamitely done.

• 4 weeks later...

First one was good, but got boring quickly. Creepy atmosphere, innovative gameplay, and being able to scare the player without putting blood textures on everything. However, it was short and had no replayability.

After that, it became cancer. PewDiePie gave it a spot light and his fan base latched itself onto FNAF''s fan base like some kind of STD, and of course a bunch of other channels saw an opportunity and milked it dry.

I'm glad the devs of FNAF (hopefully) stopped making it, though only after copy pasting it 3 times and calling it a new sequel.