PizzaZombies Kill Rewards

PizzaPepperoni

10qe7ly.png

UPDATE 25/7

Okay I made some drastic changes after discovering ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod by ORMtnMan.

All guns from build 1.238 are in the Mystery Box, and all types of ammo can be bought from the Ammo Locker.  Gun Attachments have been disabled, hadn't got time for that yet. Mystery Box gives equal chances to all the weapons and the box won't disappear after gambling. This way it's fully functional.

The way I'd use it is to set up a base and then unpack the machines and go out hunting :)

Adds more reasons to actively go out and kill zombies.

***************IMPORTANT***************
ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod by ORMtnMan needed for full functionality (Build 1.238)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11164-ormtnmans-real-guns-mod/
download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pa94unuw4q47jyv/ORGM+1.238.zip

TESTING OPTIONS
For direct view of all functions, start items have been added.
Go to lua/PZStartItems.lua and delete the items or just drop 'em xd

***************CREDITS***************
Money Sprites         - WolfeClaw/Hydrocraft http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/Hydrocraft
Katana            - TommyGuns by tommysticks http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/TommyGuns.
Ornaments sprites    - http://www.iconarchive.com/show/xmas-icons-by-pixture.html
all other sprites    - PizzaPepperoni

supports the samuraiSword from TommyGuns by tommysticks. http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/TommyGuns.
Is compatible with the money from Hydrocraft. http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/Hydrocraft

Used coding from the following mods:
Hydrocraft by Hydromancerx - http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/Hydrocraft
CheatMenu by ethanwdp - http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/cheatmenu/
NamedWeapons by tommysticks - http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/NamedWeapons/

***************MOD DETAILS***************
Description: Adds more reasons to actively go out and kill zombies.
Version: 1.0
Only Single Player working at this point.

Mod includes:
- Random weapons box including all weapons from ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod.
- Ammo Locker containing all types of ammo.
- Medical supplies containing all medical supplies.
- Money Exchange for changing money to 100 dollar bills.
- Packapunch to upgrade sword to 4 different stronger swords.
- Each sword can be upgraded after 4 different stones have been rewarded.
- 5th ultimate sword can be made with all 4 swords and moonstone.
- Money rewards after zombie kill to use above machines.
- Wallets can be openend for money.
- Power-Up rewards after zombie kill.

Rewards explained:
With each kill a reward will be given. 83% of the time this will be a money reward.
After a kill you have a 1% chance to receive a random stone. 4% chance to get you primary  
refilled with ammo-, Your hunger and thirst stats have a 3% chance to get restored.
2% for a random XPboost, primary weapon repaired and your mental or physical health recovered.
Receive 1 boxes of bullets for the weapon you carry as bonus (1%).
And lastly a 0,5% chance on a full restore.

Future ideas, plans and fixes:
* Will be implemented if there is demand for this mod. Suggestions are welcome.
- Add custom sprites to ornaments.
- Add different sets of start items with adding professions.
- Reward when a certain amount of kills has been made with the same weapon
- Timed Power-ups, for instance 30 second instakill or god mode.
- Balancing adjustments.
- Crafting a mysterybox with high carpentry, planks, toy bear and money.
- Crafting Machines with metal sheets and some other stuff.
- Find stones with scavenging to give the mod a wider questrange.

Download: http://pz-mods.net/weapons-items/PizzaZombiesWeaponsBoxKillReward/

I think that this mod is perfect to add some new zombies. considering all the "Added loot" And power-ups you might make it become to easy, and that fear might fade. So adding a random spawn of faster zombies, or even new ones entirely would surely spice up the fun and survival factor :)

i will add the link yes forgot about that :)

No you don't require a new save game I think. Mods are reloading during game startup.You should back it up for safety ofcourse.

about the rewards: I guess the power-up rate is too high once you are set with a decent gun. Will try to balance this more. Maybe give less chance on power-ups after a certain amount of kills with the same weapon is a simple solution for that off the top of my head, to stop snowball effect. I have thought about the zombie spawn, but that would be a negative power-up and doesn't match, I think. that would be more suiting to simulate increasing number of zombie waves like in Nazi Zombies. Working (slowly) on a tranzit area to add in muldraugh. I myself play with zombies on "high" so there are enough to kill xd. The bonus zombies is a good idea though and I'm going to look into that! But if more people would like to see more zombie spawn I should be able to implement that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still being developed? I downloaded this and tried installing it in 32.19, but it kept crashing with a null_pointer exception. I managed to fix it enough to get it to load (https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/3gewu0/pizzazombies_kill_rewards_mod/), but I'm not sure if I"m losing some of the functionality with that hack.

I'm enjoying it immensely, it's made fighting zombies fun. Still incredibly dangerous, but fun ;). I'm wondering if there was any way to get the machines without using the start script? If not, I'll try my hand at adding a recipe or putting them in a spawn list.

I love the whirlwind katana, it's not that useful for killing, but it's great for traveling through crowded streets. The katana's even work with the named items mod without (apparently) breaking anything.

I haven't developped the mod any further, due to lack of interest and got some other things going on where I rather spend time on xd. I'm glad to hear you like it. I tested it at build 32.16, so I'm not aware of the error that occured to you and therefore can't answer if you lost some functionality.

You can make the machines spawn in the PZMachineDistribution.lua. But I'm guessing that doesn't work though because else you wouldn't ask the question haha

And yeah I balanced the wind katana to do just that. It's also the easiest blade to obtain :)

Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough/been lucky enough yet. I'll run around for a bit in ghost mode and see if they are showing up. 

As far as the change I had to make to get things going, do you recall what you were importing "tommyguns_items" for?

On a side note, where does the game look to find the things listed in the 'Imports' portion of the 'PZitems_recipes.txt'? If I knew that, the rest would probably fall into place.

Update:

No luck finding them in the listed places.

Found these 2 errors, and it never does display this line in the console:

print("PizzaZombies: SuburbsDistributions added.");

function: PZMachineDistribution.lua -- file: PZMachineDistribution.lua line # 36
java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: items of non-table: null
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.tableget(KahluaThread.java:1548)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:472)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1726)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1641)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:579)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:524)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:416)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:346)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:455)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.exit(IngameState.java:700)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:105)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:629)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1174)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:982)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
-----------------------------------------
STACK TRACE
-----------------------------------------
function: PZMachineDistribution.lua -- file: PZMachineDistribution.lua line # 36
Aug 11, 2015 6:11:39 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLua
SEVERE: null
Aug 11, 2015 6:11:39 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLua
SEVERE: null
java.lang.RuntimeException: 
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:1284)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:162)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1726)
at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1641)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.protectedCall(LuaCaller.java:77)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:579)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.RunLua(LuaManager.java:524)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:416)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:346)
at zombie.Lua.LuaManager.LoadDirBase(LuaManager.java:455)
at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.exit(IngameState.java:700)
at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:105)
at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:629)
at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1174)
at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:982)
at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:162)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I used the TommyGuns weapons mod before, and the samuraiSword was used from the TommyGuns folder. Adding tommyguns_items to the module will look it up in that folder. The prefix is used is the same as you would use PizzaZombies prefix for example "PizzaZombies.MysteryBox" to use the mystery box, or Base.Shotgun.

and line #36 is table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["post"]["all"].items, "PizzaZombies.Perkmoney"); in my luafile.
I'm clueless about why there would be an error in this line.. Did it occur at the post office?

Did a few tests but never seen that error come up, neither did I find any of the items  :P

I used Hydrocraft.HCLoading.lua as an example, but apparently there is some trick to get this working.

Weird that the print doesn't show up.

I used the TommyGuns weapons mod before, and the samuraiSword was used from the TommyGuns folder. Adding tommyguns_items to the module will look it up in that folder. The prefix is used is the same as you would use PizzaZombies prefix for example "PizzaZombies.MysteryBox" to use the mystery box, or Base.Shotgun.

and line #36 is table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["post"]["all"].items, "PizzaZombies.Perkmoney"); in my luafile.

I'm clueless about why there would be an error in this line.. Did it occur at the post office?

Did a few tests but never seen that error come up, neither did I find any of the items  :P

I used Hydrocraft.HCLoading.lua as an example, but apparently there is some trick to get this working.

Weird that the print doesn't show up.

Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that up for me. I guess all I'm losing is some eyecandy, I can live with that.

I changed ["post"]["all"] to ["post"]["counter"] (stole it from hydrocraft) and it stopped complaining about line 36. Now it's mad at lines 26 and 28, and I can't use hydrocraft as a source because it uses the same definitions.

The print shows up now, I haven't gone searching to see if there are any items spawning, I wanted to fix the null error first on 26 and 28. I may just comment them out and see what happens.

edit: Oh yeah, i'm building new survival worlds to test, the error occurs during loading.

I mean I'm starting a solo game in survival and making a new character each time. I play a lot of minecraft, I guess it bleeds over ;)

edit: I'm guessing the 0,1 in this line:

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["metal_shelves"].items, 0,1);

controls how often it spawns? But what does using 2 numbers do, most everything else only uses 1.

edit2: I set all the item spawn chances to 50 for testing, they are indeed spawning in the right places now.

Well, in minecraft I call them survival or creative worlds, depending on options set at the beginning. The use of those terms is whats 'bleeding over' into my description of things on this board.

I've got the mod working correctly now, I'm happy. And I learned some things I can use to fix other mods that have been annoying me, so that's cool too. Thanks for your time PizzaPepperoni, happy zombie slaying :)

• 1 year later...