Losing Weight

valhalla_bound

I think you should beable to gain or lose traits by spending xp. Oh you took obese, but you've survived the last 3 months building a base, hauling wood and scavenging for food? Congrats! You can fit into your old lettermens jacket!

Also you should lose fitness and strength/gain it. You've beem farming for the last 6 months and havent had to run? Well hope you train before you do a marathon.

It's an idea, probably a nightmare to code. But an idea

-cough- it appears some one already thought of this

Its seems like many people don't follow up on the forums, as there are multiple threads suggesting this kind of system. Wouldn't it be already in, I would understand it but you actually gain/lose strength/fitness in progress of the game. If your play style consists of building, fighting and going on loot runs, paired with the right diet, your character will lose all negative perks related to fitness and such (if selected). Doing all the opposite will weaken the chance of survival for your character.

What exactly are you suggesting, Can you clarify. Currently you are able lose the feeble/weak overweight/obese negative traits after time and even turn them into strong/stout and fit/athletic through increasing your fitness/strength skills.

Note that choosing 'Fitness Instructor' with 'Fit' actually gives you 'Athlete' instead of 'Fit', test it.

Are you suggesting being able to spend spare points into strength/fitness without leveling them up first? if so, No that would be very OP.

That's because the Fitness Instructor is fit to be a well fitted athlete!   *ahem* :oops:

If at the moment you can gain the traits if it is like a hidden xp meter, adding a decay thing should definitely be possible.

The xp meter isn't hidden in build 32. Open the skills panel and click the small button in the top right corner of it (the button with a triangle). The panel will swich to strength/fitness. Clicking the button for a second time will show skills again.

ZnTFTlk.png

Though I didn't notice any loss of strength/fitness. Maybe it's because of an active lifestyle of my characters.

Um, this is already in the game? You can already work off 'obese' apparently.

Choosing a fitness based job or trait positively boosts the gain of these stats as well, having an 'xp boost' of sorts to the Fitness and Strength categories as well. Hence why a Fitness Instructor would start with 'Athletic' as a subtle bonus.