Mo' Booze + Cocktail Mixing

CzarUltra

So I noticed vanilla PZ only has Whiskey, Wine and and and... that's it really?

How about a mod that adds a bunch of new delicious alcoholic items to help spend ease the passage of time in the apocalypse? Not only new items, but new recipes-- that's right, I'm talkin' cocktails-- mixed drinks! And what would make it better? If that was a skill and bartender was a profession! Not to forget positive traits like "Heavy Drinker" and negative Traits like "Lightweight" are back, in addition to new traits like "Alcoholic" (negative mood when you haven't been inebriated in a day) and "Weekend Warrior!" (never get hungover, have good luck finding alcohol and alcohol related items specifically). And last but not least, ICE! No drink would be complete without ice, which will be available in pretty much every fridge until the power is off- and maybe you can find it in the winter?

New Skill

Cocktail Mixing: Mixing a drink is an artform, a way of life! Those who are dedicated to the craft of liquor are enabled to craft more difficult drinks than a beginner. Beverages created by a master are usually more potent as well not requiring as much time or material-- a true mixologist also imbues a special quality to their drinks which have added benefits (such as giving off hard to come by moodles)

New Traits (and old ones brought back from the dead!)

Heavy Drinker  Takes more to get you drunk

Light drinker Takes less to get you drunk

Alcoholic You receive negative moodlets when you've been without a drink.

Weekend Warrior You rarely ever get the hungover moodle, and find it easy to acquire alcohol and alcohol related items

Beer Lover You get extra bonuses from drinking beer, but drinking anything stronger makes you nauseous.

Wine-O You love wine.  Extra bonuses from drinking wine exclusively, negative moodlets from any other alcoholic beverage.

Liquor Fiend You only really like straight liquor, anything else leaves you feeling bored or sick.

Refined Tastes You don't really care for anything less than top shelf quality alchohol.

Low Brow It doesn't matter the quality for you! As long as alcohol is involved it might as well be top shelf.

Drunken Master- You're better at fighting when you're drunk, extra damage with drunk mellee attacks

New Profession

Bartender- Before the apocalypse you already knew the world was troubled. From behind the counter you've served countless drinks and are already nearly a master of cocktail mixing. You start with the Cocktail Mixing Skill half completed, You usually spawn near or in a bar.

NEW ITEMS

• BEER: Comes in three varieties
    • Spiff - A cheap, light beer, that in many people's opinion's might as well be water. Comes in 16oz cans; in 6, 12 or 24 packs.
    • Azure Night - A middle tier amber ale, has a light citrusey aftertaste that makes it wonderful for summer! Comes exclusively in 20 oz bottles in 6 packs.
    • Mahoney - A dark beer imported from ireland. Heavy alcoholic content for a beer. Comes in 20 oz bottles in 6 packs.

MORE LIQUOR- Usually comes in 3 different tiers of quality- Bottom Shelf, Mid Shelf and Top Shelf. That adds variety.

• VODKA- A clear, liquid form of fire. Used in many drinks, like White Russians, Screwdrivers, and Vodka + Cola and Moscow Mules
  • WHISKEY - The best drink for fighting! Goes great with Cola! Used to make many drinks.
  • Aged Scotch - Fancy drink for manly men
  • Moonshine - It'll make you go blind.
  • GIN - Juniper flavored liquid fire. Used for Gin + Tonics, Martinis, Salty Dogs and
  • RUM -What pirates drink, matey! Used in many drinks, like Rum + Cola,
  • SCHNAPPS- Comes in different flavors, which are used to make different drinks.
    • Peach
    • Cherry
    • Blue Raspberry
    • S'more
    • Peppermint
  • TEQUILA - Made from Agave, used in Margaritas.
  • CREAM LIQUOR- Used to make White Russian
  • TRIPLE SEC- An Orange flavored liquour, used for "fancy margaritas"
  • Blue Curacao- Another orange flavored liquor... but it's blue
  • Vermouth - Bitter dry alchohol used in martinis
  •  
  • MIXERS
  • Cola
  • Grenadine - A red cherry flavored syrup
  • Orange Juice
  • Fruit Cocktail Juice
  • Tomato Juice
  • Tonic Water - carbonated sugar water
  • Half-Half milk and cream
  • Ginger Beer - Ginger flavored soda
  • Lemon-Lime Soda
  • Garnishes
  • Limes, Sliced Limes
  • Cherries
  • Celery
  • Tobasco
  • Olives
  • Tiny Umbrella's
  • Whiskey Stones - Can be put in a fridge to become "chilled", gain them back from any drinks used with them
  • Whipped Cream

COCKTAILS + RECIPES

• Rum and Cola
  • Whiskey and Cola
  • Vodka and Cola
  • Screwdriver = Vodka + Orange Juice
  • Gin and Tonic = Gin + Tonic Water + Sliced Limes
  • Martini = Gin + Vermouth + Olive

but yeah, that's my idea-- as half-assed as it is right now.

Yes. All the yes. SS13 needs to relinquish its monopoly on apocalypse bartender simulators.

I'm not sure what the moddability of alcohol is, but I doubt that there's any support for adjusting alcohol content in drinks, so beers are gonna get you tipsy like whiskey.

But, if no one picks this up, I might very well do it myself.

Yes. All the yes. SS13 needs to relinquish its monopoly on apocalypse bartender simulators.

I'm not sure what the moddability of alcohol is, but I doubt that there's any support for adjusting alcohol content in drinks, so beers are gonna get you tipsy like whiskey.

But, if no one picks this up, I might very well do it myself.

There's this, found in items.txt with the item "item WhiskeyFull"

Alcoholic    =    TRUE,

AlcoholPower = 2,

though, I recon I don't really know how it works. But I think it's quite moddable.

But, great Idea :)

• 2 weeks later...