Can someone explain to me, as if I were a ten year old, how to apply settings to a multiplayer server.

osashta

As the title states, I'm looking for a clear, concise, step by step guide on exactly what one needs to do to apply custom settings to a multiplayer server. I've been searching for a while, and I'm actually pretty sure I've already read the answers to my questions, but misunderstood them.

I've figured out how to host a server successfully that my friends can join, and I've selected the settings I want from PZServerSettings.exe and saved them to the servertest_SandboxVars.Lua and this is where i'm stuck.

What is the next step? do I need to hard reset and delete the entire server and have it make a new one? soft reset? (Which I don't exactly know how to do...yet) do I need to go into the console as admin and do something? 

Sorry if i'm asking something that's already been explained a million times, I've just spent at least two hours learning how to get a server up and ready and I just want to play with my friends. I'm so done tinkering with this v.v So if I could just get a quick answer that'd be great.

Enough with that computer ! Now do your homework and go to bed !

(You asked for it. Sorry.)

no no see that's how you'd actually treat a ten year old, not how you'd explain the process to a ten year old.

Are your server settings not working?  If you've set your PZServerSettings.exe the effects should take place as soon as you start your server (with ProjectZomboidServer.bat)

If you set it after starting your .bat, you'll need to close your .bat and start it again.

If that still doesn't work follow these steps.

1: Go to C:\Users\"your user name here"\Zomboid\Multiplayer\servertest

2: Delete everything

3: Go to C:\Users\"your user name here"\Zomboid\server

4: Delete everything

5: Run PZServerSettings.exe 

6: Choose your settings

7: Click 'Save'

8: Run ProjectZomboidServer.bat

9: Run Project Zomboid

• 3 months later...